Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 06:16 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Lookee Mrs. Summering!! I finally got 1 going!!

It's going down to 47 tonite & I was bound & determined!!

Since we're doing Xmas music tonite...."George's nuts roasting on an open fire....)
I like that fire.............Did you guess any of the songs or are you just singing ........
Roasting on an oppppennnn fire~~~~~~~~ Jack frost nipping at your nose. ........ITS 20's here tonight......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 06:25 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,111,043 times
I froze my buns off today!! Windy and Cold....It snowed pretty good in the Pocono Lake area.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
I froze my buns off today!! Windy and Cold....It snowed pretty good in the Pocono Lake area.
Gosh, hope you weren't outside long.......too cold.
You must have been up by our Rockky
You know down the mountain we only had the sprinkles......oh well!
I did see a bunch of snow up North on the TV News.
I posted my favorite Christmas tree farm on the PA thread.........
Have you ever gone to the Crystal Springs farm in Lehighton, they have had many a tree at the White House. Really gorgeous trees!

Old 11-18-2008, 06:45 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,452,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I like that fire.............Did you guess any of the songs or are you just singing ........
Roasting on an oppppennnn fire~~~~~~~~ Jack frost nipping at your nose. ........ITS 20's here tonight......
Brrrrrrrrr!!!!!! That's TOO cold!!

Old 11-18-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Did you guess any of the songs or are you just singing ........
The apartment of 2 psychiatrists.....Nutcracker Suite

The lad is a diminutive percussionist.....The Little Drummer Boy

Festoon the entryways with colorful decorations....Deck The Halls

Sir Lancelot with laryngitis....Silent (K)Night

A B C D E F G H I J K M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z........(ahh..tricky!!) No "L"

Present me naughty but dual incisors for this festive yuletide....All I Want For Xmas

The event transpired when a smogless bewitching hour arrived... It Came Upon A Midnight Clear

Exuberation to this orb.....Joy To The World

288 Yuletide hours.....Twelve Days Of Xmas

Do you perceive the same longitudinal pressure which stimulates my auditory sense organs.....Do You Hear What I Hear?

The red-suited pa is due in the burg.....Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

Stepping on the pad cover....Up On The House-Top

Uncouth dolt has is beezer in the booze and thinks he is a Dark Cloud’s boyfriend......Rudolph The Boozing Reindeer

Far back in a hay bin......Away In A Manger

Leave and do an elevated broadcast....Go Tell It On The Mountain (sing it Mahalia!!!)

That exiguous hamlet south of the holy city....Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem

Behold! I envisioned a trio of nautical vessels.....I Saw 3 Ships

Listen, the winged heavenly messengers are proclaiming tunefully....Hark The Harold() Angels Sing

A joyful song relative to hollow metallic vessels which vibrate and bring forth a ringing sound when struck.....Jingle Bells

As the guardians of little woolly animal’s protected their charges in the shadows of the earth....As Shepherds Guard Their Flock By Night

Old 11-19-2008, 05:03 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,398,572 times
Answers to the Christmas Carol Quiz
  • The apartment of 2 psychiatrists. - The Nutcracker Suite
  • The lad is a diminutive percussionist. - Little Drummer Boy
  • Festoon the entryways with colorful decorations - Deck the Halls
  • Sir Lancelot with laryngitis - Silent Night
  • A B C D E F G H I J K M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z - Noel (no 'L')
  • Present me naughty but dual incisors for this festive yuletide - All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth
  • The event transpired when a smogless bewitching hour arrived - It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
  • Exuberation to this orb. - Joy to the World
  • 288 Yuletide hours - 12 Days of Christmas
  • Do you perceive the same longitudinal pressure which stimulates my auditory sense organs - Do You Hear What I Hear
  • The red-suited pa is due in the burg - Santa Claus is Coming to Town
  • Stepping on the pad cover - Up on the House Top
  • Uncouth dolt has is beezer in the booze and thinks he is a Dark Cloud’s boyfriend - Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
  • Far back in a hay bin - Away in a Manger
  • Leave and do an elevated broadcast - Go Tell it on the Mountain
  • That exiguous hamlet south of the holy city - O Little Town of Bethlehem
  • Behold! I envisioned a trio of nautical vessels. - I Saw Three Ships
  • Listen, the winged heavenly messengers are proclaiming tunefully - Hark the Herald Angels Sing
  • A joyful song relative to hollow metallic vessels which vibrate and bring forth a ringing sound when struck - Jingle Bells
  • As the guardians of little woolly animal’s protected their charges in the shadows of the earth. - As Shepherds Watched Their Flocks by Night
Hope everyone enjoyed! You all did very well! Got some of the tough ones too!

Now, If you're like me, you'll be humming Christmas Carols the rest of the day!

Old 11-19-2008, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
I'm jealous. No snow here yet, though they keep promising us flurries. Not even that.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
If you're a vegetarian (like me), there's a product you can find in Whole Foods (& other food & health food stores with an "upscale" vegetarian selection) made by a British company called "Quorn's". It's a vegetarian turkey roast & it's made mainly of mushroom protein.

I tried it a few months back & let me tell you!! My partner is a "meat 'n' potatoes carnivore who turns his nose up at anything "vegetarian". I made him try a taste & he couldn't believe it wasn't real turkey!!

Here's their website...

Quorn ~ Healthy meat-free chilled and frozen foods, ingredients, ready meals and recipes

There's an area once you get into the USA section where you can type in your zipcode & find a store near you that carries their products!!
I'm not cooking this year, there's been a change in plans. Going to my boyfriend's parents house instead. But I'll check this out and put it in my files for Christmas. I will be cooking for Christmas - they won't take that holiday from me!

Old 11-19-2008, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
I'm not cooking this year, there's been a change in plans. Going to my boyfriend's parents house instead. But I'll check this out and put it in my files for Christmas. I will be cooking for Christmas - they won't take that holiday from me!
I just made 1 of those "turkey" roasts 2 weeks ago...doesn't have to be a Holiday!!

I haven't had a real turkey sandwich in over 30 years, so for me it's a "treat" to make every coupla months...

Old 11-19-2008, 07:10 AM

Ok really off topic..........ScranB? Anyone? Isn't there a back way to the Montage Mt. Shops from Moscow, Pa. I thought there was a shortcut I took once from the town turning at a light in Mid town........Anyone know this answer? I hate 81...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania