Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 02:39 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,591,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrymetal View Post
I have a question, I am moving to Clarks Summit within the next week (actually will be there by next Wed.) and I'm wondering if there are good areas to go see Christmas decorations...is there a center of town that lights a tree, or a christmas parade? Also if anyone has any pictures of clarks summit area I'd love to see them, since I haven't even been there yet and here I am moving there! ( i live in GA now so had no chance to get up that way) Thanks for any and all help!
Wow! I have no idea how I overlooked your inquiry, but I most certainly would have responded sooner if I had seen it. Sorry!

First of all, since today is "next Wednesday" that must mean you have just pulled into town. Welcome to Clarks Summit! Member coartist88, who is retired from NYC law enforcement, just moved to "The Summit" last year from Staten Island, and I'm sure he can be your little "Welcome Wagon" of sorts. I'm sorry you've arrived on such a chilly day! BRRRRR!!!! LOL!

Every February the town comes to life with its annual "Festival of Ice," which continues to grow each year with more and more businesses sponsoring live ice carvings. I'm pretty sure the borough adorns its telephone poles with some nice decorations. One thing you'll want to check out in a couple of weeks will be Scranton's Nay Aug Park, which comes to life with all sorts of Christmas displays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 02:46 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,659,872 times
Default Pumpkin cheesecake!

PUMPKIN MARBLE CHEESECAKE

1 1/2 Cups gingersnap crumbs
1/2 finely chopped pecans
2 ( 8 oz.) packages of cream cheese softened
3/4 cup sugar, divided
1/3 cup margarine melted
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin...NOT the pumpkin pie filling!
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
The CRUST Combine crumbs, pecans and margarine, press onto bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of 9" springform Pan. Bake at 350 for 10 min....( Crust)

Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cups sugar and vanilla, mixing until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Reserve 1 cup batter.
Add remaining sugar, pumpkin and spices to remaining batter; mix well. Spoon pumpkin and cream cheese batters alternately over crust, cut through batters with knife several times for marble effect .
Bake at 350 for 55 minutes. Loosen cake from rim of pan cool before removing rim of pan, Chill ,makes 10/12 servings.

I had this at a woodcarvers dinner and loved it, I made it once.....because lots of calories here.....Its darn good

Last edited by Summering; 11-19-2008 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: add the crust....bahhhh

Old 11-19-2008, 02:50 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
PUMPKIN MARBLE CHEESECAKE

1 1/2 Cups gingersnap crumbs
1/2 finely chopped pecans
2 ( 8 oz.) packages of cream cheese softened
3/4 cup sugar, divided
1/3 cup margarine melted
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin...NOT the pumpkin pie filling!
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cups sugar and vanilla, mixing until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Reserve 1 cup batter.
Add remaining sugar, pumpkin and spices to remaining batter; mix well. Spoon pumpkin and cream cheese batters alternately over crust, cut through batters with knife several times for marble effect .
Bake at 350 for 55 minutes. Loosen cake from rim of pan cool before removing rim of pan, Chill ,makes 10/12 servings.

I had this at a woodcarvers dinner and loved it, I made it once.....because lots of calories here.....Its darn good
Bill just bought 4# of butter & 4 packages of Phila. Cream Cheese on sale for $2.00 each, sooooo.......perfect timing!!

Thanks Mrs. S.!!!

Old 11-19-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrymetal View Post
I love this website! You guys are alot of fun! I just wanted to let you know we are leaving here(GA) Sat. to start our move to PA. Please pray to whoever you pray to that we have a safe and uneventful trip! (hoping we don't hit any snow besides a few flurries, I don't know what the forcast is for Mon or Tues which is when we are hoping to get there.) Thanks! Oh and have a very happy thanksgiving!!
Terry welcome..........so your moving here to PA. Join us anytime. We welcome anyone, from anyplace. We're friends, who don't mind adding additional friends. No cliques goin' on here.....
You should have a good trip. They are saying sprinkles here and there.....
Put in your Christmas CD and sing along.
Yes, we are fun........come often.........and stay awhile......sometimes we even have a glowing fireplace to rest by.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Bill just bought 4# of butter & 4 packages of Phila. Cream Cheese on sale for $2.00 each, sooooo.......perfect timing!!

Thanks Mrs. S.!!!
Ok well don't forget to do the crust.........I just added it......

Combine crumbs, pecans and margarine; press onto bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of 9" springform pan..Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.....
( The Crust.......of course........)

Old 11-19-2008, 03:04 PM

Enya.....Eggnog Punch for YOU..........( because you love eggnog)

This is well tried and true.....I don't like Eggnog, but I do like this!

8 cups Eggnog ( 2 quarts)
2 tubs of 8oz. Cool Whip ( yep, you can use light if you want)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 cup Rum...or 2 tesp of Rum extract
1 cup Ice.....top off with remaining cool whip...sprinkle nutmeg on top....you can even place some cinnamon sticks in the punch..........Really, really good

Old 11-19-2008, 03:11 PM

904 posts, read 2,054,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
OK George and whoever else likes Eggnog!!

Eggnog Custard Pie!!!

Old 11-19-2008, 03:15 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,098 times
Another great thing for the Holidays...."Holiday" wine!! Yep...that's the name....

It's a wine put out by The Brotherhood Winery in NY & is a red spiced wine. It's "heavy & sweet", so you can't drink a lot, but it's nice warmed in the microwave for 20-30 seconds & sipped by a warm fire!!

I know the winemaster & his wife, & know they just opened up the market in Pa last year, so it should be available up in NEPA!!

Great stuff!!!

Old 11-19-2008, 05:26 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,001,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
Rockky, my b/f loves CC cookies. Please share the recipe so I can be his hero!

And boy, did I wish I could really freeze my buns off! So much easier than going to the gym everyday. Which is where I am to dragging myself off to now!

I was going to post this in the NEPA cookin' thread, but since it started on this thread.....well, here it is!

Bangin' Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup margarine (I used butter....I know, I know!)

1/2 Cup butter flavored Crisco (yeah, I know, I know!)

2 eggs

Cream above together.

1/2 cup sugar

1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. vanilla

2-1/2 cups flour

Mix all ingredients except flour in a large bowl.

Add the flour a little bit at a time until all mixed together.

Stir in 1 bag (12 oz.) chocolate chips.

I used Nestle's chocolate chunks (1/2 bag...or as much as you want!)

Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased baking sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Makes about 3-1/2 dozen.

I have no idea why these were so much better than other recipes. Maybe we were extra low on sugar that day. It was a fifth grade class. Hormones and the holidays everywhere!

The mom who originally made these cookies suggests using M&M's, peanuts, or walnuts. I suggest the dough, a spoon, and a nice decaf with Bailey's.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:16 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,399,284 times
Thanks Rockky! I'll try these tomorrow or Friday and let you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania