Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 09:32 AM

1,429 posts, read 3,641,271 times

Advertisements

Well, it looks like the city cut their funding - or should I say, 'icing on the cake,' since they apparently didn't need it.

Genesis Wildlife Center funding at risk | News | thetimes-tribune.com - The Times-Tribune (http://scrantontimes.com/articles/2009/04/09/news/sc_times_trib.20090409.a.pg1.tt09genesis_s1.243352 0_top3.txt - broken link)

Let's assume they had around 200k at the end of 2008, so that would mean they could potentially operate for three and a half years until their surplus is all gone.

Can the taxpayers request their money back if Genesis folds?

Last edited by scrantonluna; 04-09-2009 at 10:45 AM..

Old 04-09-2009, 07:21 PM

35 posts, read 49,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantonluna View Post
She lost the buildings in a divorce proceeding, from her husband, who was the real one trained to take care of animals.

Want to know more?
I suppose you could call:

Dr. Thomas Miller
Pocono Lake Animal Hospital
HC 87 Box 65
Pocono Lake, PA 18347
Phone: 570-646-2963 or 570-839-2269
Fax: 570-646-6398

[FEL-L] PA - Tigers and cougars and gators, oh my
She didn't loose her buildings in a divorce because there not divorced.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Well, it looks like the city cut their funding - or should I say, 'icing on the cake,' since they apparently didn't need it.

Genesis Wildlife Center funding at risk | News | thetimes-tribune.com - The Times-Tribune (http://scrantontimes.com/articles/2009/04/09/news/sc_times_trib.20090409.a.pg1.tt09genesis_s1.243352 0_top3.txt - broken link)

Let's assume they had around 200k at the end of 2008, so that would mean they could potentially operate for three and a half years until their surplus is all gone.

Can the taxpayers request their money back if Genesis folds?
Boy I'd love to see where you are coming up with these figures>>

Old 04-09-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
The only thing I can say is that you must be completely brain washed. Genesis was breeding animals, specifically the lemurs. They only stopped because it was brought to the public's attention.

Funny how out of two Millers that work with animals, only one has a 'DR' before their name... You say that Ms. Miller was the one trained, not DOCTOR Miller? Hmm...

You still have not addressed the 186k?
You people want to pry into Ms. Millers private life well ask Dr. Miller if he stomped a dog to death while its owners were out in the waiting room. The dog was brought in because it was sick and it snapped at him and he punished the dog.
As far as the money Ms. Miller gave the GWC a loan thats her business.
Just because he has Dr. in front of his name does not make him a goog vet. he won't even go into see an animal unless it's restrained or knocked out how wonderful is that. The horror stories of this man are endless. Why do you think all his help went to another vet.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
She lost the buildings in a divorce proceeding, from her husband, who was the real one trained to take care of animals.

Want to know more?
I suppose you could call:

Dr. Thomas Miller
Pocono Lake Animal Hospital
HC 87 Box 65
Pocono Lake, PA 18347
Phone: 570-646-2963 or 570-839-2269
Fax: 570-646-6398

[FEL-L] PA - Tigers and cougars and gators, oh my
This so called Dr. is so affraid of animals he would pee his pants. He always have his assistant do the work.
Call him and hear a liar tell his web.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
The only thing I can say is that you must be completely brain washed. Genesis was breeding animals, specifically the lemurs. They only stopped because it was brought to the public's attention.

Funny how out of two Millers that work with animals, only one has a 'DR' before their name... You say that Ms. Miller was the one trained, not DOCTOR Miller? Hmm...

You still have not addressed the 186k?
You are so full of it they did not breed any lemurs I told you that they came to them pregnant. The place they came from didn't tell that they were. So you are the one that is brain washed because you can't wrap your brain around what I'm telling you...

Old 04-09-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
well, it looks like the city cut their funding - or should i say, 'icing on the cake,' since they apparently didn't need it.

genesis wildlife center funding at risk | news | thetimes-tribune.com - the times-tribune (http://scrantontimes.com/articles/2009/04/09/news/sc_times_trib.20090409.a.pg1.tt09genesis_s1.243352 0_top3.txt - broken link)

let's assume they had around 200k at the end of 2008, so that would mean they could potentially operate for three and a half years until their surplus is all gone.

Can the taxpayers request their money back if genesis folds?
ha ha your so funny!!!!

Old 04-09-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
I know that, hence the question, but I wanted to see if the representative from the GWC did...She/he indicated that the GWC left their private facility and moved to Nay Aug at the request of our mayor.....

100% true the Mayor approached her not the other way around.
The Mayor is trying to cover his own butt by saying in the paper today that he didn't ask her to come here and promise all this stuff. Well he told one to many people that were there from the beginning about asking her.
Including her P R person and one of the staff members.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:49 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,095,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Dozen View Post
Boy I'd love to see where you are coming up with these figures>>
Maybe you should go back to the beginning of this thread on page one and read...If you want to know where this stuff has come from then stop your whinning and read. Not just the last few posts that you so love to tear apart one by one because you obviously can't read them all and then type ONE REPLY....So read, start at page one and read and then you will see or at least try to understand where some of the posters are coming from and the info they have provided or found.

UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY READ THE MATERIAL AND THEN QUESTION IT, YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A 10YR OLD WHINNING ABOUT SOMEONE TAKING HIS CANDY.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:02 PM

325 posts, read 806,336 times
I do not mean to belittle the importance of other issues related to the Genesis Wildlife Center, but I would like to focus for a moment on the animals. It appears that there are a number of well-funded, reputable sanctuaries that are willing to give the animals very good homes. No matter what any given individual may think of the Genesis Wildlife Center, I would hope that we would all agree that the animals deserve good homes in places with more natural habitats and more reliable funding than are ever likely to be available to any animals kept in the antiquated zoo building in Nay Aug Park. No one who truly cares about these animals should be against transferring the animals to reputable and reliable sanctuaries, where the animals will receive professional attention from people who are very knowledgeable about the needs of each individual species in their care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania