Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2010, 11:32 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
They know where you live because you broadcast every aspect of your life on here. This is the internet, it's meant for entertainment, information and what not. It's not for broadcasting every little detail about your personal life and what goes on in it. My advice is get off of here and go live your life. There was no internet to complain on years ago and we all made out fine.
I agree. Its stupid to broadcast too much personal information on the internet. Anyone can read this stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 11:47 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Ha, people running and reporting to mods, that reminds me of being a kid and hearing this from one of my siblings "i'm telling mom on you".

Then what is the point of rules in a forum if they are not supposed to be followed?

Old 04-27-2010, 12:34 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Then what is the point of rules in a forum if they are not supposed to be followed?
The mods will catch it, i wouldn't run to a mod and "tell" on someone, unless i saw somebody threatening someone else with physical harm.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:49 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,400,821 times
Well, this sure did bring everyone out to comment!

Old 04-27-2010, 01:17 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
Quote:
The mods will catch it, i wouldn't run to a mod and "tell" on someone, unless i saw somebody threatening someone else with physical harm.
Great idea .... if I didn't have a life. I mod or co-mod six forums and I'm a VOLUNTEER. Moderating on city-data is not a paid position. As a librarian in real life, I do have a certain rule following disposition and I also don't like bullies on-line or in real life.

Most bullies don't physically hurt someone, they taunt them and make their life hell. I've been on a few forums where one or two posters took over the forum and turned every query and comment into something to make fun of. I remember participating on a un-moderated forum deciding to post or not post based on whether I thought the resident troll would attack me. Trying to prevent that and keeping this forum NEPA centered is about all I aim to do.

It's not tattling to report a post, it's keeping your forum a welcoming place. I hope I can continue to help with that.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:

Are we in grade school? Are you calling me a tattle tale? SERIOUSLY? There are rules in place for a reason and if you don't want to follow them, don't whine when you are called on them.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:33 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times

Old 04-27-2010, 02:35 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Are we in grade school? Are you calling me a tattle tale? SERIOUSLY? There are rules in place for a reason and if you don't want to follow them, don't whine when you are called on them.
It's like this all over City-Data. When people slammed me into the ground on the NoVA forum when I said I honked my horn if people stopped and turned in front of me without using a blinker I was then again slammed in the ground for asking them if they'd rather me take a mental note of the plate number and call the cops to report their poor driving. People on this forum protect "bullies" and rogue behaviors. I'll never understand it.

All I know for certain is that there are a lot of mentally unstable people on this forum (and this is coming from someone who himself is currently in therapy). Just today on the Scranton Times-Tribune again one of the people (likely in this thread, but I won't mention a name) called me out by my City-Data screenname. When I call them out on it I'm suddenly the "bogeyman." I'll never understand it.

You're right, Magritte. Many people in society anymore have the "blame the victim" mentality, and it's disgusting that they then view the victim as a burden when they lash out, fight back, and unpleasantness ensues. What do you want us to do? Just pull our pants down and bend over?

Last edited by toobusytoday; 04-28-2010 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: TMI

Old 04-27-2010, 02:51 PM

I just don't get GROWN adults that get angry over rules and consequences. It blows my mind. No wonder bullying and corruption are rampant here. Apparently it's not cool to report bad behavior, or behavior that breaks the rules. @@

Old 04-27-2010, 03:21 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,624,754 times
A interesting observation... seems like only one or two posters are "picked on" {their words} Of the volumnous posters here, one would have to ask ones self, what have I done that so many others have issues with me??? If it is happening on several boards, different topics, different parts of the country... why? "THE LIFE UNEXAMINED.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania