Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 08:49 AM

7 posts, read 20,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A James Arnold View Post
I have the same interest as the Florida writer. Can somebody supply a hot link to crime statistics in the Woodbridge area? I'm specifically interested in new condos near the water. That may have a bearing on the relative crime problem.
WOODBRIDGE......i lived there * (in housing) about 8 years ago. Hated every single minute of it. that was the worst place in the world to be. we were robbed in HOUSING while we were at home...Yes in housing and none of the Rent a cops wouldnt do anything about it. Needless to say, i packed up my things that night and moved myself to Florida until my husband got stationed somehwere else. I do not recommend the WOODBRIGE area at all.
there are a few nicer areas around.....well when I lived there anyway, not sure what they are like now since it has been a while.
i do have relatives in springfield and arlington and they just love it...its more spendy out there and the traffic is horrible but its a much nicer area.
if you have anymore questions just let me know I'll be happy to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 09:33 AM

320 posts, read 713,220 times
Are you talking about military housing in Woodbridge? I don't think there is any unless you are talking about Quantico (further south) or Belvoir (further north).

Old 09-06-2009, 01:12 PM

5 posts, read 14,563 times
Default move again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
As far as I know, no. I'm not even sure when it happened. Probably in the middle of the day when most people are at work. I know that my parents are at work all day and I'm thinking that's when it happened. The person who owned the house was not home when the burglary started but walked in on it.
I lived in Fairfax County (Annandale, Arlington etc...) for a long time and never felt unsafe until moving down here. There are pockets of "bad" areas but in general it's good. However, housing there is just rediculously expensive even at this downturn. I cannot buy a home there. Condos are more affordable but then maintenance fees are outrageous.I hate selling this house and move back renting a beat up apartment for rediculous price. But I guess you have to know what your priorities are. For now I just hang on and see what happens. Again maybe I am just a bit paranoid and paying too much attention to "isolated" incidents.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:00 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,708,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocodilecity View Post
I lived in Fairfax County (Annandale, Arlington etc...) for a long time and never felt unsafe until moving down here. There are pockets of "bad" areas but in general it's good. However, housing there is just rediculously expensive even at this downturn. I cannot buy a home there. Condos are more affordable but then maintenance fees are outrageous.I hate selling this house and move back renting a beat up apartment for rediculous price. But I guess you have to know what your priorities are. For now I just hang on and see what happens. Again maybe I am just a bit paranoid and paying too much attention to "isolated" incidents.
Probably. I have lived in my neighborhood (off Cardinal Drive) for almost 15 years and I feel very safe.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:11 AM

12 posts, read 34,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedinva View Post
Nitrovic,
I'm editing this b/c I see you're a police officer. I don't have much experience with that realm- just what I know
living, and walking around as a mom in the area.

When I walk by the men at 7/11 they have always been respectful. (maybe I should be insulted...)

They do say "hello" and I say "hello" back. That's it.
I know they work hard because when I drive by I see people waiting for work from early in the morning until very late in the evening...for low paid work.

I have worked in high crime areas- well one- in social services, and honestly the type of person who became 'dangerous" or "antisocial" fits a different profile then men willing to wait long hours to work. You have to worry about people who do not want to work, who don't care anymore about anything. People like that are more drawn into crime.

In this area, you have people who don't have much money- but what they appear to have is stamina, patience, commitment to their families, and hope of a better life. These are good things.
When people no longer have hope or the possibility of finding work...then things have turned for the worse.
I am seriously considering buying 13814 Botts Ave in Marumsco Hills, and I was worried about the men hanging out at the 7-11.

Thank you, I was reassured by what you said in your post and you made a valid point.

Can you tell me anything else about the Marumsco Hills area?

Old 09-21-2009, 10:12 AM

4,474 posts, read 8,175,130 times
Just so you know, there was also a dead body of a hispanic man found behind the Bank of America on that shopping center a few months ago. As far as I know it is still unsolved. The day laborers at the 7-11 could not provide any useful info. With the transient nature of the people who hang out there and the fact that they are undocumented, it'll probably be a "John Doe" forever.

I've been by that 7-11 many times and those guys don't bother you.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:38 AM

555 posts, read 2,707,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee27 View Post
I am seriously considering buying 13814 Botts Ave in Marumsco Hills, and I was worried about the men hanging out at the 7-11.

Thank you, I was reassured by what you said in your post and you made a valid point.

Can you tell me anything else about the Marumsco Hills area?
If that's the house on the left that is NICE!! I was in there about a week ago, all new appliances, floors, paint etc. Very nice lot as well. They had the doors open to dry out the paint and showed me around. Real nice place.

PM me for more, some get angry when you tell the truth about an area.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,703 times
Does anyone know well the area of Cromwell Court out of Mohican in lake Ridge (22192)? We moved there. This is my first time living in a house because I came from a country that because of security issues we prefered to live in condos. Any feedback? I used to live in Alexandria. I felt safe. Any suggestions?

Old 11-27-2009, 01:26 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,289,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzun View Post
Does anyone know well the area of Cromwell Court out of Mohican in lake Ridge (22192)? We moved there. This is my first time living in a house because I came from a country that because of security issues we prefered to live in condos. Any feedback? I used to live in Alexandria. I felt safe. Any suggestions?

Not a bad area overall. Biggest issue with Lake Ridge are the teens. Just take the usual precautions and put the odds in your favor. Always lock your car doors and leave nothing of value visible in the car. This includes GPS units and its glaring sign that ones in the car. The ring on the glass. Lights on when you leave the house. Don't have to light up the entire place but one on to make it look like some one is home. Peephole in door. Secure sliding glass doors secured well. Music or TV on when you go out.

Old 12-25-2010, 04:05 PM

5 posts, read 62,683 times
Me and my parents gonna buy the house in VA 22193, street name Fairview. We like this house because its affordable price, we just dont know anything about this area.

I read thru this thread and it scared me! Can anyone please tell us is this a good place to buy a house? safe neighborhood? Thanks so very much and have wonderful Holidays!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia