Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2012, 01:04 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,466,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
If obama wins America is 100% gone/done forever. Its up to Ohio for sure. As of right now I see obama winning ohio, yet lets see what you gals & guys do. Go make a real change and vote Romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 02:52 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich10014 View Post
jbcmh81 what a nice personal insult that was to call me dumb..So nice of you...Well just so you know I'm a professional accountant who just passed the CPA exam so I think know a little thing or two. What I do know is Republican economic policies make much more economic sense than Democratic economic policies. I received at work The Ohio Society of CPA's editorial on who they are endorsing as candidates nationally and locally. And what a shock, roughly 80% of them are Republicans. I think they are enough of a creditable society to know a thing or two about how an economy should be ran and how government should be fiscally responsible.

If Obama had no chance to reduce the deficit, he shouldn't have stuck his foot in his mouth when claiming he can cut it in half. He may have had no chance to substantially reduce it but he did no one any favors my making it substantially worse.

Romney honestly wasn't my first choice for a candidate. I actually like Paul Ryan better. But at least he has real economic experience in being a brilliant business leader and running a responsible budget. He actually understands economic issues and will know how to be fiscally responsible. We've had our first ever U.S. credit downgrade under Mr. Obama's watch. Unacceptable. But all he will do is blame Bush instead of taking accountability for anything.
It's no surprise that Republicans and money go hand in hand. It's been that way for a long time now. Unfortunately for the rest of us, Republicans really don't have our best interests in mind. The attempts at voting restictions and fraud claims this year pretty much show all you need to know about the current state of the GOP. They've lost all sense of purpose beyond helping a very narrow slice of the electorate... mainly rich, conservative whites.

Obama didn't substantially make it worse. Actual spending increases were some of the lowest in the last 70 years. The recession was responsible for the vast majority of the deficit increases, something Republicans either don't want to or can't seem to understand. You being an accountant, though, especially should know better.

The US government is not a business. It can't and shouldn't be run as one. Romney's experience as a businessman has no direct translation to being president. But that's not why he'll lose. He's just an overall terrible candidate who performed up to those expectations.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:00 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,172,111 times
So much for the CPA endorsement...

Old 11-07-2012, 05:28 AM

85 posts, read 217,808 times
I hope the stock market crashes and mass lay-offs across the nation. all praise allah obamy

Last edited by westernkansas; 11-07-2012 at 05:36 AM..

Old 11-07-2012, 07:05 AM

14,668 posts, read 14,631,326 times
We survived eight years of Bush/Cheney, you can tolerate four more of Obama.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:08 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,171,669 times
Is there any good in-depth analyses, yet, of how the vote went by county, and maybe be demogrpahics.

It would also be interested to compare with the 2008 results.

I'd think Ohio, being such a key state, would get a lot of postmortems on how the vote went here.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:37 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times
Am I psychic or what, somewhere in this thread I "predicted" that the guy with the largest stash of campaign cash (Obama in this case) predictably wins 9 out of 10 elections. 10% of population owns 90% of the wealth (and 99% of contributions). That's American democracy 101 for ya.

It's amazing, every 4 years two almost indistinguishable parties give us two almost indistinguishable candidates and "visions" to vote on. Every freaking 4 years, it's all the same, miniscule differences are blown up to the proportion of battle of good and evil, the end of the America and the end of the world as we know it. Every 4 years nothing changes. Foreign policy of global empire (US manages on behalf of the global elites) stays the same, domestic policy of the managed banana republic stays the same. Republican or Democrats. The problem is that in America ruling class "simplified" political arena to the point where miniscule differences between Republicans and Democrats can be turned into a legitimate political "battleground". Anything "non mainstream" (i.e. majority of ideologies mankind come up with) is marginalized and out of political discourse.

Republicans or Democrats, Obama or Romney, Coke or Pepsi, Ford or Chevy, etc.. It's called branding. People can be "trained" to form emotional attachments to the most irrelevant and indistinguishable (in larger sense) objects, people and entities. People may beat each other in the bloody pulp over one sports team or another. Emotionally attaching yourself to Republican or Democrat wagon and crying "The end of the world" each time your "team" loses is rather trivial compared to that.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:42 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Am I psychic or what, somewhere in this thread I "predicted" that the guy with the largest stash of campaign cash (Obama in this case) predictably wins 9 out of 10 elections. 10% of population owns 90% of the wealth (and 99% of contributions). That's American democracy 101 for ya.

It's amazing, every 4 years two almost indistinguishable parties give us two almost indistinguishable candidates and "visions" to vote on. Every freaking 4 years, it's all the same, miniscule differences are blown up to the proportion of battle of good and evil, the end of the America and the end of the world as we know it. Every 4 years nothing changes. Foreign policy of global empire (US manages on behalf of the global elites) stays the same, domestic policy of the managed banana republic stays the same. Republican or Democrats. The problem is that in America ruling class "simplified" political arena to the point where miniscule differences between Republican and Democrats can be turned into a legitimate political "battleground". Anything "non mainstream" (i.e. majority of ideologies mankind come up with) is marginalized and out of political discourse.

Republicans or Democrats, Obama or Romney, Coke or Pepsi, Ford or Chevy, etc.. It's called branding. People can be "trained" to form emotional attachments to the most irrelevant and indistinguishable (in larger sense) objects, people and entities. People may beat you in the bloody pulp over one sports team or another. Emotionally attaching yourself to Republican or Democrat wagon and crying "The end of the world" each time your "team" loses is rather trivial compared to that.

I think you've summed it up pretty well.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:55 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,432,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
You kidding? Romney had way more money. Pay attention.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:19 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
You kidding? Romney had way more money. Pay attention.
WRONG. http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/campaign-finance.

Total contributions (candidate + party + PACs)

Obama - 934mils
Romney - 881 mils

$ Collected by Romney and Obama

Obama - 637 mils
Romney - 388 mils

Remember the 9 out of 10 rule and you'll be right 90% of the times.

Last edited by RememberMee; 11-07-2012 at 08:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio