Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2016, 06:44 AM

18,969 posts, read 11,637,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
I thought you wrote an excellent account of your holiday - very informative to people who are thinking of a trip to London.

I've often gone into shops and pubs just to use their toilets!
Thank you for reading and commenting! I should go back over there and add that about the pub toilets - even the unisex ones were clean! I never used one of the corner public loos because we always were near enough wanting a snack someplace that had one, or could pop into a free and fabulous museum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
Hot Roast Beef Sandwich.. Hard crust Italian Bread.. with a giant gob of rare roast beef drop on a slice smothered in hot silky gravy dripping.. then add the next slice.. again smothered in hot gravy and dripping.. large pile of succulent French fries.. again smothered in gravy...with large glass of iced coke~a~cola with a straw.. Burp
Have you recovered?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
However, and not for the first time, I woke up to find myself lying 90% to the bed! In other words my head and feet were hanging over the sides of the bed!

Have sometimes contemplated using one of those CCTV cameras in my bedroom to record my movements throughout the night, but never found the time to do it.
I used to do that too! Maybe its a beautiful young thing kind of habit? Oh gosh and another note for my travel report - CCTV everywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
It's getting on towards 11am, and I haven't even had any breakfast yet..... I just can't be bothered making it.
I had cornbread (homemade by my colleague) and fresh watermelon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
My DH and I hit the road in a big motorhome and traveled the country for 3 1/2 years.

I'm off to check out Toosie's trip
What an experience, Lisa! I'm sure I must've recommended the Albert Brooks movie, Lost in America, to you before? Funny and focused on a couple who cashes it all in for a camper road trip. Thanks for checking out my trip thread!
Quote:
I think I'll have a peek at Toosie's thingies
Oh!
Quote:
Marianne Faithfull is her real name....... She was very famous in the sixties. A few hit records, and then becoming Mick Jagger's squeeze. She is still around today, and is well known within music circles.

But there was plenty of good taste in the seventies. I dressed to kill in that decade! Pale blue suit with flared pants, and big lapels. Matching blue platform shoes, shirt with big knotted tie, and long brown hair cascading over my shoulders. A beautiful sight to see........
Yes! That's how I think of her, too Ohhhh you must've been quite the dapper man, Dave. Would love to see pics from back in the day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I'm watching " carry on girls " from 1973 ( Valerie Leon 💕💕💕 ).....
Hallooooo! Enjoy the show
Quote:
I have photos of my first wife at our wedding reception in 1973. After changing from her wedding dress, she had on a full length brown cord dress. The top was just straps, and a bodice round her waist. All her friends loved it........ That dress cost me a fortune bought from a store in Oxford Street, London.

It was crazy fashion, but at least it was fashion...... I see some of the kids today, and fashion seems to have passed them by. Many are really almost scruffy.
Wow she must've been a knockout! My guy and I were noticing the lack of fashion and personal style, too. Thought maybe it was just our part of the country, but even in a fashion capital like London, we didn't notice many people trying. Not that I did either - but this isn't about me Your peacock comment reminds me of the musical, Hair - especially the song "My Conviction", which I'd be happy to sing for you a cappella, as is my wont
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 07:05 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,459,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Thank you for reading and commenting! I should go back over there and add that about the pub toilets - even the unisex ones were clean! I never used one of the corner public loos because we always were near enough wanting a snack someplace that had one, or could pop into a free and fabulous museum.

Ohhhh you must've been quite the dapper man, Dave. Would love to see pics from back in the day!

Wow she must've been a knockout! My guy and I were noticing the lack of fashion and personal style, too. Thought maybe it was just our part of the country, but even in a fashion capital like London, we didn't notice many people trying. Not that I did either - but this isn't about me Your peacock comment reminds me of the musical, Hair - especially the song "My Conviction", which I'd be happy to sing for you a cappella, as is my wont
The museums are great aren't they toos? I used to love wandering round the British Museum.

Yes..... she was. Not quite the same at our son's wedding last year. The years have not been kind to my ex. She was a beautiful girl back in the day.

Fashion doesn't seem to be the number one priority of young people today. I noticed the same thing in Las Vegas and New York City. Judy and I dressed to the nines to go see a show in NYC. The theatre was full of people who were dressed very casually. There I was in a very nice burnt orange jacket, and black pants.... So, it isn't just here the young don't seem to try very hard to dress up.

I think casual and comfortable is how the young like to dress nowadays. Fair enough........ but my generation liked to make a statement, and weren't afraid to be colourful. I know some of the photos look strange from the 70s, but in reality, it was great........ Boy, the money I spent on clothes.......

Old 08-14-2016, 09:13 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,128,221 times
Just returned from a rather agreeable pub lunch!

Nothing spectacular, just a Weatherspoons' menu of chips with everything! So I went for Gammon, eggs and chips; followed by apple crumble and custard.

So am now officially full! I just hope I don't get one of my mid-afternoon slumps as I don't want to waste it.

Oh, and has the footie season started again? Didn't it finish just a few weeks ago? Can't believe it's back so soon! And why is Gary Lineker in his underwear?

Gosh my eyes are getting heavy... Hope.... I ..... don't.....fall.....asl.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzz

Old 08-14-2016, 09:24 AM

18,969 posts, read 11,637,689 times
Custard is the one thing I wanted but didn't get on my trip

Old 08-14-2016, 09:48 AM

652 posts, read 690,837 times
I'm thinking that tomorrow is Monday and I'm not looking forward to it. However, the good news is that Friday will be pay day for me.

Old 08-14-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RME40 View Post
I'm thinking that tomorrow is Monday and I'm not looking forward to it. However, the good news is that Friday will be pay day for me.
Lucky you! I've got to wait another 2 weeks or so before my next pay day

Old 08-14-2016, 11:36 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,578,410 times
Quote:
Lucky you! I've got to wait another 2 weeks or so before my next pay day
Ouch!!!! I can't do monthly pay .... Weekly for me

Old 08-14-2016, 11:43 AM

To prevent myself falling asleep after my midday dinner, I thought it might a good idea to take a bath!

10 minutes into my fragrant, bubbly soak, I fell asleep! i only realised I was asleep when I suddenly woke up fighting for breath and choking on bath water! Typically i had slipped underwater during my slumber and almost drown, again! That's another reason why I rarely bother having a soak in the tub (especially when on my own!)

Anyway, am wide awake now; getting on for 7pm and am settling down in my comfy chair to watch "Tipping The Velvet" (a period lesbian drama), with a nice Bailey's Irish Cream, and some Pringles.

Old 08-14-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Ouch!!!! I can't do monthly pay .... Weekly for me
I can see the advantages of weekly paydays, but I'd find it difficult to manage/budget. Monthly is more of a pain, but at least I can work out my bills better

Old 08-14-2016, 11:47 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,578,410 times
Quote:
I can see the advantages of weekly paydays, but I'd find it difficult to manage/budget. Monthly is more of a pain, but at least I can work out my bills better
That's the problem with me ..... Saving money LOL

The problem I would have mainly is that I'm on a contact and get paid a day rate so if I'm a day short in my wages or overtime wasn't paid I'd then have to wait a whole month to get it! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics