Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 06:08 AM

126,287 posts, read 19,066,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Greetings All. I have been out baking in the sun much of the day. I am now sitting next to the air conditioner trying to cool down.

Sunday's Questions:

-Those of you that go swimming, do you open your eyes under water?

...........only in pool

-When you go swimming do you do laps or just splash around for a while?

...........used to do laps

-Ever go swimming in a river or lake?

........yes many times

-Anyone brave enough to go hang gliding?

.......it would interest me quite a bit after many lessons

-Ever ridden a skateboard?

...........No

-How often do you go for an evening stroll?

...........unless bad weather,I go every evening for a long walk

-Do you ever catch yourself singing the jingle to a product you are using or a food you are eating?

..............No

Time for a little "This or That"
-Gas or charcoal BBQ grill?...............Neithe
-Ice skates or roller skates?............Both
-Yummy stinky cheese or yucky hard boiled eggs?................Yummy stinky cheese for sure

This Month Is:
*World Mutt-i-grees Rescue Month
*National Goat Cheese Month
*National Panini Month

However This Month Is Not:
*National Goat Cheese Panini Month

I wish these questions were better but bjh was wearing his tin foil hat while my spy satellite was snooping overhead as he was writting a batch of questions. So I had to use the questions I found while rummaging thru bjh's trash.
THANK YOU Alaskan Mutt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 07:12 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,532 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Those of you that go swimming, do you open your eyes under water? In a pool, yes.

-When you go swimming do you do laps or just splash around for a while? Both

-Ever go swimming in a river or lake? Never a river, but used to swim in lakes. Now I'd rather be ON the water than IN the water.

-Anyone brave enough to go hang gliding? Not me.

-Ever ridden a skateboard? Never

-How often do you go for an evening stroll? Not often.

-Do you ever catch yourself singing the jingle to a product you are using or a food you are eating? No, what I sing isn't that intentional. I do sometimes hum jingles, but not when I'm eating that food.

-Gas or charcoal BBQ grill? Charcoal
-Ice skates or roller skates? Neither for me now.
-Yummy stinky cheese or yucky hard boiled eggs? Well, I guess there's no question about what you would choose, Mutt. I choose eggs.

This Month Is:
*National Panini Month

I wish these questions were better but bjh was wearing his tin foil hat while my spy satellite was snooping overhead as he was writing a batch of questions. So I had to use the questions I found while rummaging thru bjh's trash.

Thanks, bjh & Mutt!

Old 08-04-2019, 07:19 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,203,340 times
[quote=Alaskan Mutt;55840385]Greetings All. I have been out baking in the sun much of the day. I am now sitting next to the air conditioner trying to cool down.

Sunday's Questions:

-Those of you that go swimming, do you open your eyes under water? Haven't been in a long time, but in fresh or salt water I would open my eyes, pool water bothers them.

-When you go swimming do you do laps or just splash around for a while? Splash and swim, but not laps.

-Ever go swimming in a river or lake? When I was a kid our Mommies would take us to swim in the creek that flowed through the village, industrial waste and human sewage galore, and cow patties as well. But they knew what they were doing. I am impervious to Alien death rays, and I have even had techs accuse me of scaring their MRI machines.

-Anyone brave enough to go hang gliding? I use my teeth. "See, Ma, no hands!!!" It's expensive though, have to get new dentures about every three months.

-Ever ridden a skateboard? There are limits.

-How often do you go for an evening stroll? Never, I take early morning strolls most days of the week.

-Do you ever catch yourself singing the jingle to a product you are using or a food you are eating?

No. But in the early Sixites, a bunch of us guys were eating in a restaurant in Chinatown...Sam Woo's was the name, across from the church. A hole-in-the-wall, bare tables type place. A funny guy with us stood up, plunged his wooden chopsticks into his partially full glass of hot tea and managed raise it in the air, and began singing a parody, "The Night They Invented Chow Mein." The normally poker-faced waiters hanging out against the back wall broke into wild applause. Gotta say, it was a pretty impressive act.

-Gas or charcoal BBQ grill? Charcoal
-Ice skates or roller skates? roller skates
-Yummy stinky cheese or yucky hard boiled eggs? The question seems a tinge loaded, but I vote "cheese."

This Month Is:
*National Goat Cheese Month Is it? Goat cheese is pretty popular where I live.
*National Panini Month

I wish these questions were better but bjh was wearing his tin foil hat while my spy satellite was snooping overhead as he was writting a batch of questions. So I had to use the questions I found while rummaging thru bjh's trash.

You sure it was bjh? Considering the crowd in C-D the tin foil hat aficianados are Legion.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:09 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
You sure it was bjh? Considering the crowd in C-D the tin foil hat aficianados are Legion.
A thought worth thinking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
well, at least ya cleaned 'em first. right? I mean you wouldn't ask us slimey questions, would you? . . .
I resent the implication that our trash is slimey.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:22 AM

3,263 posts, read 5,006,003 times
Sunday's Questions:

I don't swim anymore, but when I did, I always opened my eyes underwater.

I just splashed around. Never had the breath control for laps.

Well, I went water skiing on the Ohio River when I was a kid. And several trips to a lake in the old days, but 95% of my swimming was in a pool.

No way Jose.

Tried it once, fell off, never again.

Never

I'm sure it's happened, but I can't remember.

-Gas or charcoal BBQ grill? I have a gas grill but I don't use it.
-Ice skates or roller skates? Roller skates for sure, and the two-wheels in front and two-wheels in back kind, not in-line skates.
-Yummy stinky cheese or yucky hard boiled eggs? I like both, and hard boiled eggs are NOT yucky!

Thanks for the questions!

Old 08-04-2019, 09:52 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,910,036 times
-Those of you that go swimming, do you open your eyes under water? === I have done so in fresh water but not in the ocean.

-When you go swimming do you do laps or just splash around for a while? === Bit of both.

-Ever go swimming in a river or lake? === I have.

-Anyone brave enough to go hang gliding? === No way!

-Ever ridden a skateboard? === Briefly, when my kids were little.

-How often do you go for an evening stroll? === Never, but I should.

-Do you ever catch yourself singing the jingle to a product you are using or a food you are eating? === I do a little humming now and then.

-Gas or charcoal BBQ grill? === Gas (for convenience).
-Ice skates or roller skates? === Roller.
-Yummy stinky cheese or yucky hard boiled eggs? === Eggs thanks.

Thanks Mutt!

Old 08-04-2019, 11:28 AM

24,480 posts, read 26,021,800 times
Sunday's Questions:

I have done both.

Mostly splash around.

Just the lake.

That's a BIG MAYBE.

Yep, very poorly.

Almost never.

I have hummed them or had them stuck in my head.

-Gas or charcoal BBQ grill? Gas
-Ice skates or roller skates? Roller skates
-Yummy stinky cheese or yucky hard boiled eggs?Hard boiled eggs

Thanx Mutt, trash picking can be very lucrative according to some town trash experts. Maybe uou and bjh could form a SUPER QOTD team so you wouldn't have to spy on eavh other. Oh. never mind, it'smore fun this way.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:06 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,799,037 times
Greetings All. I have been out baking in the sun much of the day. I am now sitting next to the air conditioner trying to cool down.
I don't know where you live now but were you lying by the pool with the security moose, cheap beer and stinky cheese? Hope you're not suffering burns don't forget your sunscreen!! Sorry, it's the mother in me.

Sunday's Questions:

I have, in the past, opened my eyes underwater, salt and fresh, but don't think I could do it now. I'm already having enough trouble seeing

Haha I don't really know how to swim the proper way so I would have just been splashing around. I don't think I've ever done laps

Yes, both, plus the ocean

Hell no

Yes in middle school, had a bad fall and hit my head. I ended up in the hospital way later after the head injury, they told me I had Roseola...I'll let y'all look that up. It's mostly a baby disease, and I was 14 at the time. Listen Linda, if some kind of weird condition that no one can figure out what the heck it is....it's going to happen to me. I really don't know how I'm still alive.

Um never. I live in the sticks according to some people and although my neighborhood is very safe, it's not very well lit. Not one to wander around in the dark.

Yes all the time. I was singing along to a popular commercial and changed the lyrics, that's a fun game

-Gas or charcoal BBQ grill? oh charcoal, always. You won't catch me using gas anything
-Ice skates or roller skates? Roller skates, never ice skated
-Yummy stinky cheese or yucky hard boiled eggs? Can I have both? That's what I had for breakfast so I'll take the stinky cheese and/or eggs. Oh but mine were scrambled.

This Month Is:
*National Panini Month

You know what they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure!

Old 08-04-2019, 04:51 PM

5,194 posts, read 1,874,937 times

No.

Both.

Been in a lake.

I could work up to it. Would like to try one day.

No.

Amost every day.

Never nah.

-Gas or charcoal BBQ grill?

Don't care as long as the result is good.

-Ice skates or roller skates?

Roller blades

-Yummy stinky cheese or yucky hard boiled eggs?

I'd have both.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:37 PM

7,371 posts, read 5,486,812 times

Sunday's Questions:

-Those of you that go swimming, do you open your eyes under water? No

-When you go swimming do you do laps or just splash around for a while? Splash

-Ever go swimming in a river or lake? Not anymore

-Anyone brave enough to go hang gliding? No

-Ever ridden a skateboard? Yes

-How often do you go for an evening stroll? I like to walk in the morning.

-Do you ever catch yourself singing the jingle to a product you are using or a food you are eating? Yes

-Gas or charcoal BBQ grill? Gas
-Ice skates or roller skates? Both
-Yummy stinky cheese or yucky hard boiled eggs? Cheese

This Month Is:
*National Panini Month

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics