Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 08:03 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,060,171 times

Advertisements

-Those of you that go swimming, do you open your eyes under water?
Yes. I asked my eye doctor receptionist about this, and she tried to tell me about a parastic amoeba that is neither killed by chlorine nor salt water, and she strongly advised me not to do this.

-When you go swimming do you do laps or just splash around for a while?
both

-Ever go swimming in a river or lake?
almost never. ocean frequently.

-Anyone brave enough to go hang gliding?
never done it, would do it if I met a girl into it

-Ever ridden a skateboard?
I got one less than 12 ft from me. I may take it out as soon as I finish this

-How often do you go for an evening stroll?
3-5 times a week, but near sunset, never when it's pitch black

-Do you ever catch yourself singing the jingle to a product you are using or a food you are eating?
When I was younger maybe but I have not watched broadcast TV/cable for more than a decade. I hate advertising with a passion.

-Gas or charcoal BBQ grill?
I love the convenience of propane, but it was my ex wife who converted to charcoal briquettes and is an evangelical proponent of them. She knows a woman who was badly maimed/burned by an exploding pressured tank of gas. Life-ruining disfigurement.

-Ice skates or roller skates?
roller frequently. ice skate thrice per decade.

-Yummy stinky cheese or yucky hard boiled eggs?
I eat hard boiled eggs like Gaston. I dont think any of my cheese purchases "stink"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 10:46 PM

44,370 posts, read 20,076,303 times
Greetings All. I have been out baking in the sun much of the day. I am now sitting next to the air conditioner trying to cool down. Thank goodness for AC.

Sunday's Questions:

-Those of you that go swimming, do you open your eyes under water? I did when I was a young-un; not as an adult, once I learned that it's bad for my eyes.

-When you go swimming do you do laps or just splash around for a while? I do both. I enjoy swimming laps but also like to just play in the water, maybe toss a ball with a friend.

-Ever go swimming in a river or lake? Yes, many times when I was growing up. Not so often as an adult, but on rare occasions I have an opportunity to swim in Lake Michigan or another lake. I used to water ski but my friends who had speed boats no longer have them, so I haven't had an opportunity to ski for about the past 20 years.

-Anyone brave enough to go hang gliding? Not I. I probably would have done it when I was young if I'd had the chance.

-Ever ridden a skateboard? I tried a couple of times as a young adult but was terrible at it.

-How often do you go for an evening stroll? Several days a week. Well, it's not a slow stroll; it's my regular workout walk. I take long walks for fitness twice a day.

-Do you ever catch yourself singing the jingle to a product you are using or a food you are eating? Not in recent years. I may have done this decades ago, when products had fun jingles.

Time for a little "This or That"
-Gas or charcoal BBQ grill? I have a charcoal grill but I rarely use it. It's been a few years since I last used it.
-Ice skates or roller skates? I've done both, but I prefer ice skating. I used to be pretty good at it.
-Yummy stinky cheese or yucky hard boiled eggs? Yummy stinky cheese, please. I love just about any kind of cheese you can put before me. In fact, tomorrow I'll be going to "Old World Market," a cheese, meat and wine store in my city's downtown square, to stock up on some yummy cheeses and salami.

This Month Is:
*World Mutt-i-grees Rescue Month
*National Goat Cheese Month
*National Panini Month

However This Month Is Not:
*National Goat Cheese Panini Month

I wish these questions were better but bjh was wearing his tin foil hat while my spy satellite was snooping overhead as he was writting a batch of questions. So I had to use the questions I found while rummaging thru bjh's trash. Your questions are great, Mutt! I enjoyed answering them, even though I'm a day late and more than a dollar short.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-06-2019, 12:09 AM

30,547 posts, read 16,240,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

I resent the implication that our trash is slimey.

yea but do you deny it?

Old 08-09-2019, 05:54 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
yea but do you deny it?
Uncategorically! Whatever that means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics