Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 11:14 AM

23,604 posts, read 70,456,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I had to look up the Seven Chakras. I also have a bridge for sale that connects Manhattan to Brooklyn. I will sell it cheap on a Quit Claim Deed. Let me know if interested.
Chakra work is effective. The Sufis have a variation, and acupuncture is closely related. Orthopedics is a westernized version, as is chiropractic. Some of the literature is off-the-wall or metaphorical, but the basics are sound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2020, 11:18 AM

11,138 posts, read 9,773,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skimbro000 View Post
It was the widening of the neck I didn’t realize the purpose of.
Babies have giant heads compared to the rest of their bodies is probably why onesies have large neck openings. I would never even have thought about pulling the onesie off in a downward direction, since the crotch snaps open and create a huge opening to remove it over the babies big noggin. I guess it would work but might stretch out the neck to get it over their butt.

My thing I figured out last year (2019) was that my dad was not my bio-dad, and I have two younger sisters. Big discovery at 60 years old.

I don't see how a mnemonic that doesn't spell anything will help you remember something like the rainbow. I would simply forget the mnemonic. It's much easier to just remember the 3 primary colors and the secondary colors that mixing them produces.

Actually there should only be 6 colors in the rainbow, but historically indigo was added, probably by Isaac Newton, who was influenced by Pythagoras, who practically invented mathematics and saw how there were 7s everywhere. That in turn comes from the bible, as the bible seemed to create the idea that 7 was a perfect number (Earth created in 7 days, 7 deadly sins, etc), so since 7 was God's favorite number, and the rainbow was supposed to have been created by God after the flood, thus Newton named indigo as a 7th color to make the rainbow with God's perfect number. Technically the rainbow could have infinite colors if you're going to start mixing primary colors with secondary colors as is done to make indigo (blue + purple). I've always called that color blue-violet anyway. If you're going to do that, we could have a rainbow that goes: red, persimmon, orange, mango, yellow, chartreuse, green, aqua, blue, indigo, violet, and many more in between each of those.

Old 12-28-2020, 11:26 AM

15,981 posts, read 7,044,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
YouTube is a staple for me, as well. I watch colorists work magic with colored pencils. But I’ve discovered a channel that shows restored and colorized old—really old—film clips. These are films of everyday people, mostly. I find it fascinating. And this is a new discovery.
I watch lectures delivered at universities by scholars, scientists, writers with Q&A afterward, which is always my favorite part.

Old 12-28-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
General and Special Relativity have interesting implications. I'm a mediocre math student by college standards and quit when I got a 'C' in college calculus. Know thy limits. That was my irritating failure because I liked the idea of higher mathematics, but had little talent for it at my intellectual peak. Long time ago, that: mid 1980s. Ain't retired yet, but still learning new things at 53.

That-said, made it through a hard science major with a tolerable GPA and in geophysics when we proved...not theorized, proved...that time passes at different rates depending on your distance from a gravitational source, my mind was blown. GPS would be way off if they didn't compensate for this, btw, as the GPS satellites have different time than stations on the ground. 'Relative' to one another, time is passing at different rates. Granted, just a teeny bit, but still...

And BTW 'dark matter' is a big scientific mystery, but has a significant impact on the expansion of the universe and observable gravitational phenomena of galaxies. I'm reasonably sure nobody knows what 'dark matter' is and it's beyond our comprehension at-current as three dimensional beings. I'm not a Luddite by any means but some things, I wonder if we want to know...

All can be watched on Youtube as well. Entertainment and mind-blowing discoveries!

Old 12-28-2020, 11:36 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,773,199 times
That there are two big reasons that cause and exacerbate neuropathy...one is eating processed foods later in the day, close to bedtime....I paid for that one....won't do it again. There are many reasons thou that do cause neuropathy overall.

Old 12-28-2020, 11:39 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,659,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
“From the head down?”

Yes:

Crown: Violet

Third Eye: Indigo

Throat: Blue

Heart: Green

Solar Plexus: Yellow

Sacral: Orange

Root: Red

The person who listed the order upthread listed it incorrectly and combined some colors.

Old 12-28-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I had to look up the Seven Chakras. I also have a bridge for sale that connects Manhattan to Brooklyn. I will sell it cheap on a Quit Claim Deed. Let me know if interested.
There is a book that might help you understand called "Eastern Body, Western Mind."

Old 12-28-2020, 11:43 AM

4,150 posts, read 3,908,711 times
I found out the light does go off when you close the refrigerator door. Unfortunately, I got frostbite when I crawled inside to solve the mystery and the door jammed. Obviously I did escape.

Hope this is helpful to all of you out there that have had many sleepless nights tossing and turning wondering.

Old 12-28-2020, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Yes:

Crown: Violet

Third Eye: Indigo

Throat: Blue

Heart: Green

Solar Plexus: Yellow

Sacral: Orange

Root: Red

The person who listed the order upthread listed it incorrectly and combined some colors.

VIBGYOR. That is how I always remember it.

Old 12-28-2020, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
I like to travel in normal times & the last few years I've been using Google Maps a lot. It's amazing for knowing where you are & how to get somewhere & how far you've walked at the end of the day. I'm afraid I now look like one of those millennials who are constantly checking their phone screens on the street, it really is something.

But that isn't what I learned recently, although using the Maps to find a restaurant/cafe nearby in a strange city is new too.

What I only found out only AFTER my last trip, after staring at menus that were incomprehensible to me other than a few items, was that I can use Google Translate on my phone & aim at the menu/sign/document/etc & it will show me an english translation on the screen instantly. It probably has done that for years but I just found this out last month.

For some reason I'm still hesitant to use Siri or Alexa at all, but I understand there is a lot of funny things you can ask/do with them, especially Alexa.
If this is true, I just found it out right now and am excited to try it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics