Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 08:45 AM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Yeah and have him respond with road rage and run me over???!!! No thanks! I'll pass on that act of revenge.
You do know that wasn't a genuine suggestion, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Where are all the State Troopers when you need one?
(a) The donut shop, (b) Running radar on an adjacent road or highway, (c) Counting their daily ticket tally.

If you really need a Trooper, just toss a cup out the window, drive without your seat belt fastened, do some texting, or increase your own speed, and bingo they will find you. And that crazy driver, oh they didn't see him at all. Amazing how that works.
It does seem that way.

A couple of times I have actually seen someone driving badly get pulled over. Once right after saying: "Where's a cop when you need one?" And Bingo, there she was.

A female officer pulled out of a side street and ticketed a guy who had just driven 20+ mph over the speed limit around other cars on a 30 mph narrow street. He looked really nervous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 08:50 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,400,486 times
People that send pictures VIA internet or snail mail, and don't say WHO they are. WHAT????????

Old 02-09-2011, 11:36 AM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Getting sick.

It seems like that last few months, every and any bug that shows up, I've been getting....getting tired of blowing my nose all the time.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:05 PM

987 posts, read 1,745,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I wonder if their related to the idiot that chose to pass me on the freeway a few weeks ago?

I was doing about 75mph and this jerk passes me on the right. Problem with that, I was driving in the far right lane when he did. Where are all the State Troopers when you need one?

Ever wish you could just "bump" somebody off the road?
Yep, they all must come from the same (A'word) gene, and did this one have tinted windows too? only cowards do that (let me rephrase, not everybody w/tinted windows, just the ones that drive horrible)....
well hope the saying goes true, "they get whats coming".....

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Where are all the State Troopers when you need one?
(a) The donut shop, (b) Running radar on an adjacent road or highway, (c) Counting their daily ticket tally.

If you really need a Trooper, just toss a cup out the window, drive without your seat belt fastened, do some texting, or increase your own speed, and bingo they will find you. And that crazy driver, oh they didn't see him at all. Amazing how that works.
I see bunches of them at Donut shops, the 7-11 Eleven's, and most eateries....

Old 02-09-2011, 03:25 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
Some people need to realize that they are NOT good at giving advice.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:35 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Getting sick.

It seems like that last few months, every and any bug that shows up, I've been getting....getting tired of blowing my nose all the time.
Your profile address says SoCal. Good Grief! Hop on I-5 and take to the last stop south, cross the border, get your ampicilin, and hightail it back!

I did that last Fall, and as my coworkers fall victim to the flu, I'm laughing in their faces! I do it every year, proactively thru the winter months!

Old 02-09-2011, 11:39 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,983,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
In our area of the state, there are a total of 138 HP officers (as of 2008). Divide that by 3 shifts a day and you have about 46 officers on duty at any one time (If you don't count "weekend" time off for any of them). They have nearly 5,500 miles of highway to patrol in our district.

As much as I have had situations where I have wished there was a patrolman there to "nail" someone for something, I understand that they obviously can't be everywhere at once. As for the long-standing joke about the donuts, I can see that when an officer needs a break (and they DO deserve a break during their shift), a donut is something that is quick, and not much of a waste if you get called out during your break and have to leave it set.

I have found there are more important things to get upset about than an officer not being right there when I see someone acting stupid. If it is a hazard, get the info and report it. They will track it down.

By the way, I am not a police officer and have no relatives who are police officers.
My post was suppose to be some what humorous. Sure they deserve breaks and they get them. I was a police officer, I realize the constraints some departments have. In my opinion, troopers are akin to ticket writing machines, its to much about producing revenue for the state. A firm warning to someone with a clean record can be just as effective as a ticket, but its all about revenue, rather than safety. I also don't believe in profiling and as much as that's not suppose to happen, it does.

Sure there are more important things to get upset about, I don't think anyone will argue with that.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:43 AM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Your profile address says SoCal. Good Grief! Hop on I-5 and take to the last stop south, cross the border, get your ampicilin, and hightail it back!

I did that last Fall, and as my coworkers fall victim to the flu, I'm laughing in their faces! I do it every year, proactively thru the winter months!
Antibiotics lose their affect if taken too often. How do you use that?

Old 02-10-2011, 12:29 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,983,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Getting sick.

Have you seen a Doc, and has he done any tests regarding your immune system, or adrenal glands? You might do some research on natural herbs that can improve your immune system health. I agree that long term use of antibiotics can decrease their effectiveness. I would concentrate on improving my immune system rather than taking antibiotics to ward off a possible bout of the flu. That's just my opinion. Here is an article on herbs to help improve ones immune system.
herbs for health and healing the immune system

About half way down the page this article discusses short and long term immune system remedies. It might be interesting for you to read. Best of luck.

http://www.holistic.com/holistic/lea...e!OpenDocument

Old 02-10-2011, 04:26 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Antibiotics lose their affect if taken too often. How do you use that?
I take them, roughly, once a week, or every other week, thru winter, or anytime I get the feeling something is amiss, like the beginning of a sore throat.

Once I get the flu, then it's too late, from my own experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics