Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2010, 07:32 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,338,602 times

Advertisements

I honestly think they are going for 20 kids and after the 20th they will stop. Mark my words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 07:49 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
I honestly think they are going for 20 kids and after the 20th they will stop. Mark my words.
I think they'll keep going as long as "God keeps giving them blessings." But, I think her age (menopause) is going to become a factor soon, so they may be almost done for that reason.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:04 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
A Dozen Duggars Sick with the Chickenpox - Yahoo! TV Blog (http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/a-dozen-duggars-sick-with-the-chickenpox--1485 - broken link)

Old 08-21-2010, 08:45 AM

1,230 posts, read 3,177,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabe09 View Post
Sherrenee, will we be seeing you on TV with the Duggars?

I hope not, I tried my best to avoid the camera guy but it's possible he could have caught me. They warned us prior to getting to the house that they were filming (they are very good about that) so I knew to avoid him.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:46 AM

1,230 posts, read 3,177,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
A Dozen Duggars Sick with the Chickenpox - Yahoo! TV Blog (http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/a-dozen-duggars-sick-with-the-chickenpox--1485 - broken link)

I know this story is just now making its rounds but this actually happened about a month or two ago.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:27 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post

GreenScoutII, the Duggars have always been a financially stable family. They own business, investment properties, and are completely self-sufficient--even before they started with TLC.

So they tell you, but you don't know how much help churches or people really give them. I mean when woman have multiples various groups around the world give them things. I'm not saying they don't support themselves somewhat, just not as much as they are saying.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:32 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,348 times
I think people here are also missing the fact that before....but even more so now with the rise of fame, the parents don't do the raising by themselves. They rely on their children putting a burden on them to become the parents while they themselves cannot fufill the duty. Mainly the girls as i have read the older ones giving frustration over the fact they don't have time to pursue their own dreams. Funny how they set their boy up in a business but not the older girls. As far as i'm concerned what they do is a form of child abuse.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:46 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Mainly the girls as i have read the older ones giving frustration over the fact they don't have time to pursue their own dreams. Funny how they set their boy up in a business but not the older girls. As far as i'm concerned what they do is a form of child abuse.

They are teaching their daughters to be "housewives" while the sons will most likely end up getting an education and having a career.

Unfortunately a lot of religious people believe that is how it should be: the woman stays home and breeds until her body cannot take it anymore and the man works outside the home and is treated like a king.

I saw a TV on ABC a while ago ( I believe ) about the so called "quiverfull movement" and by the time it was over I wanted to puke.

One of the families had 6 or 7 children. The father said the boys were going to college but the girls were not because they came into this world to be mothers and that's it. "Because the bible says so".

I don't get these people.

The Duggars need to stop having children. Please don't tell me God wants you to pop out as many kids as possible. Her body clearly cannot take it anymore ( judging by how complicated her last pregnancy was. )

I think this whole thing is ridiculous. ( Just MY opinion )

Old 09-05-2010, 06:16 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,412,214 times
Little Josie, from what I understand, is the first Duggar child to have had any major complications. That's pretty impressive after all those kids.
If I were them, I would take that as a sign from nature that maybe it's time to stop...

Old 09-05-2010, 06:53 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel6604 View Post
Yes, but it is their culture ans religion. Who are we to say that's wrong? They look totally happy and content to be doing what they're doing.
Sure they look happy! They don't know any different. There is no such thing as having a choice in that house it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting