Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 06:51 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,338,602 times

Advertisements

Didn't they announce in the previews that someone was expecting again?Anyone know who? Is it the DIL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 07:43 PM

993 posts, read 2,292,725 times
It was one of the cameramen. This will be his first child.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:55 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_Princess View Post
I don't think anyone is telling them that they can only be wives and mothers. Although it's a pathetic sign of the times when people act like thats a waste of a life. We were better off as a nation when a bunch of paid strangers weren't raising our children. It's no different than parents who put Harvard onesies or cowboys diapers on their infants. ALL parents have expectations no matter how open they claim to be. It is your JOB as a parent to instill YOUR values and beliefs into your children whether you do it or not. Would a muslim raise their child to practice catholicism ? Sounds retarded yes ? Because it is. If you believe in the bible then it makes sense that you will raise your children the same way. Otherwise you are a hypocrite. I think many people are jealous deep down bcause no one taught them to have high standards and respect themselves on this level. Or they don't have the guts to set the bar high for their own children. Its easier to pawn them off on nannies, daycare, public schools and the internet to raise. I feel so sorry for these girls. No excess makeup and slutty clothes, no spending hours texting while they ignore their family. When will they have the chance to be run through by a few guys and get an abortion or two before settling down ? Man they are missing out. They could have gotten herpes or had a cell phone pic of their boobs on the internet forever. These parents should be shot. This wholesome, traditional family unit crap is what ruined this country in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
*rolls eyes*
I second the

Old 10-01-2010, 11:06 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
http://globalshift.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/vagina-its-not-a-clown-car.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-01-2010, 11:18 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,348 times
*snorts*

Old 10-01-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
*snorts*
Its more like a slip n slide now..
Or like a stargate portal...the kids just morph right out..

Old 10-01-2010, 11:57 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
its more like a slip n slide now..
Or like a stargate portal...the kids just morph right out..
ha!

Old 10-02-2010, 07:14 AM

422 posts, read 649,850 times
Wow how lame. Green is NOT an attractive color. If they were a brood of athiest skanks no one would be so hateful towards them. Truly sad.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:11 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,283,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_Princess View Post
Wow how lame. Green is NOT an attractive color. If they were a brood of athiest skanks no one would be so hateful towards them. Truly sad.
Isn't this the truth. It has truly become very sad to see people's reactions to this family.

The replies I have seen on this thread truly baffle me, we have numerous threads were posters complain about bullying, wanting to teach kids to accept others no matter their skin color, religion, sexual preference, yet so many posters on here have nothing but disgusting, hateful things to say about the Duggar family. Seems alittle two faced to me, just because you don't care for this family, you think they are not allowing their girls to be anything but wives and mothers, comments about vaginas and any other nastiness, reeks of the very things you say are so important to you, your kids accepting others no matter what, being kind and compassionate. We all know teaching our kids to be accepting of others starts at home, I am amazed at how much intense dislike I see directed towards this family. Truly disgusting.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:01 AM

My posting the picture doesn't reflect what I think about the family.
But I felt the need to expose you all to the picture that circulates the internet.

I'll give my opinion so you know.
I like the duggars and I don't.
At least in life I know if I ever have to deal with anyone from the duggar family that I will be dealing with someone kind and compassionate and that won't try to wrong me.

The part of me that doesn't like them is the jean wearing, textaholic, clothes obsessed, crime fighting part of me.

I have been around religious families, who only listened to what I call "jesus music" in the car and at home and nothing else, who had their kids do the who polos and pants look.

I don't agree with women not being able to wear pants. That's so weird.
I don't agree with homeschooling, how in the world can you get a good enough education sitting at a kitchen table.
I don't agree with those weird swim suits. The point of swimming is to be wearing less, to cool down and swim, plus have you ever saw in clothes before? I felt like the t-shirt I had on was going to eat me and pull me down to the bottom of the pool and then devour my soul....and maybe thats a smidge over kill but you get the point..

Mostly I couldn't fathom living that life.
I LOVE jeans.
I love getting my hair cut.
I love two piece swim suits.
I love my blackberry.
I love my college education.
I love being a little wild child.

Why you would live so sheltered and closed up and limit yourself like that is beyond me.
Always covering up, censoring, abstaining from a lot, doesn't seem like a fun life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting