Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2011, 08:30 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
...that txt is capable of doing things, it's what WANTS to be done versuses what NEEDS to be done...

But I think it just goes in one ear & out the other.
I have no doubt that she is capable of doing something. I think she just doesn't care to do what she's capable of and wants to see herself in a more "glamourous" and "exciting" life than the one she has. She hasn't matured enough to get that most people's everyday lives aren't glamourous and exciting. Or that glamourous and exciting aren't all they are cracked up to be. She doesn't want to take responsibility for failure so she doesn't try "risky" things that she can't blame on someone else if they don't work out (can't be rejected from the police academy if you don't ever get around to applying...if you get on TRW and it's horrible, you CAN blame that on MTV though)....

Old 02-26-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
MM- Did you know Fabio from Top Chef is divorced?

Read the irony between the question & his answer

What's the key to your success?
FV: I can't fail. I left Italy because there was nothing left to do. The economy is bad; my mom and dad are not working. If something is wrong here, I cannot crash on their house. I'm going through a divorce right now. Unfortunately, I did love my wife very much, but we realized we were growing in separate directions. Nothing to do with the show or anything, but [I had a lot going on], and she figured she couldn't deal with it.

The red headed guy w/ the beard also got divorced. I believe she asked him for a divorce right before he went into the finals.

I can't stand public bathrooms. I could never imagine being videotaped for 4 months w/ the editors just waiting for the worst moment to put on the show.
I did read somewhere (very recently) that Fabio got divorced but I hadn't heard the rest. And I had forgotten that Kevin ended up getting divorced....

I don't see how living your life in a goldfish bowl can be good for anyone's relationships.

And did you read...no doors anywhere except for bathrooms. And hidden microphones. Lovely. Sounds fun!

Old 02-26-2011, 08:36 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,516,029 times
We got our tax refund. There is some left over to do some remodeling/landscaping. We bought an older home & every yr, do a minor project to bring it up to date & just maintain it.

I have to figure out what needs to be done versuses what I want done. I don't like that part ):

At least we are in the position to even do some work on the house.

It is going to come down to getting the trim around the floors, doors & windows done or some trees taken down. As the trees are effecting our sewer line, I know what my dh is going to say....

That's the excitement in my life today!

Bundling up the kids & sending them outside. We got 11" yesterday & I think #2 may be able to get through some of it. Fresh air will do all of us some good.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
We got our tax refund. There is some left over to do some remodeling/landscaping. We bought an older home & every yr, do a minor project to bring it up to date & just maintain it.

I have to figure out what needs to be done versuses what I want done. I don't like that part ):

At least we are in the position to even do some work on the house.

It is going to come down to getting the trim around the floors & windows done or some trees taken down. As the trees are effecting our sewer line, I know what my dh is going to say....

That's the excitement in my life today!

Bundling up the kids & sending them outside. We got 11" yesterday & I think #2 may be able to get through some of it. Fresh air will do all of us some good.
Good for you! I still haven't done taxes....I need to clean today, do laundry and go grocery shopping! Woo-hoo! Need to work some tomorrow but not until afternoon...but want to be done before the Oscars. Need to go to work on Monday (usually my day off but we're busy...got a proposal to work on as well as a few other things due)...Things have been pretty slow at work and my paycheck is really showing it...(I'm part time so paid hourly)...yikes...it's been a tight couple of months....

Old 02-26-2011, 08:46 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,205 times
Most of the drama is suggested. There was an article that I can't find about how the Jersey Shore follows a preconceived plot and the only things that happen by chance are things involving people in public settings. Do you think they really want to yell and scream all the time? The article said without the plot there wouldn't be enough conflict to make a show, it would mostly be sitting around and talking, swiming, tanning ect ect. A girlfriend of mine has her summer house at Sea Side and when the cameras are off Ronnie and Sammie where still together even though the show claimed they weren't.

Oh wait here is the article

“JERSEY SHORE” CALLED OUT FOR BEING FAKE AND SCRIPTED SHOW?? | MissTilaOMG! (http://misstilaomg.com/2010/09/01/jersey-shore-called-out-for-being-fake-and-scripted-show/ - broken link)

Old 02-26-2011, 09:17 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times
Quote:
Have you seen the parody on Miley Cyrus? It is too funny. They nail her voice.
Yes! Hilarious.

Are you a regular watcher of SNL? My favorite, favorite character that makes me laugh just thinking about it - Stephan when he's on Weekend Update. The fact that he can't help laugh, is just too funny.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:43 PM

707 posts, read 1,467,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Most of the drama is suggested. There was an article that I can't find about how the Jersey Shore follows a preconceived plot and the only things that happen by chance are things involving people in public settings. Do you think they really want to yell and scream all the time? The article said without the plot there wouldn't be enough conflict to make a show, it would mostly be sitting around and talking, swiming, tanning ect ect. A girlfriend of mine has her summer house at Sea Side and when the cameras are off Ronnie and Sammie where still together even though the show claimed they weren't.

Oh wait here is the article

“JERSEY SHORE” CALLED OUT FOR BEING FAKE AND SCRIPTED SHOW?? | MissTilaOMG! (http://misstilaomg.com/2010/09/01/jersey-shore-called-out-for-being-fake-and-scripted-show/ - broken link)

I personally know Nicole (Snooki) as most would call her. I was invited to go to jersey shore this summer to visit her. I did not want to. 1. Because I have children and she didnt know I was pregnant again. 2. I didnt want to be on National TV. The drama is not suggested its just there. You cant expect that many people to live in a house and not have drama. Sammie and Ronnie were together at the time the footage aired. At the time it was filmed. They werent.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:09 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
"If" you make it...what happens to your job? And your healthcare?
This thought occurred to me while I was driving to class this morning.

txqueen, this reality show idea idea will set you back. It won't help you become independent.

When it's over, you'll be back at your mother's house, broke, without health insurance, and no job.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:39 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
How do we find out if txt was accepted into MTV??

I have never watched MTV, except 15 years ago, but it will be one of those "I knew txt before MTV" moments

Old 02-26-2011, 03:43 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
How do we find out if txt was accepted into MTV??

I have never watched MTV, except 15 years ago, but it will be one of those "I knew txt before MTV" moments
I assure you that she will post here right away to tell us if she gets accepted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting