Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2011, 03:16 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times

Advertisements

You know I don't have to DO anything stupid once on the show....
And everyone always knows theres that one sweet naive girl on the show that doesn't indulge as much as the rest...

Who knows if I will actually get past this casting call...who knows.
But why not go and try and have fun. Plus, I highly doubt all that many people are going to be there, most the time no one hears about these casting calls in enough time, at least I never do....

But im going to go, have fun with it and see what happens.

And if I DO make it onto the show, I expect to gain some independence and life expereince from it, living in a new state perhaps, unless they do a Back To Denver for the 26th season. Just BEING on the show isn't going to hurt me but looking like a moron on the show would. I don't expect to act like a moron...

Old 02-26-2011, 03:39 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
Oh and there was a deputy marshal cast in season 2 of TRW...

Old 02-26-2011, 06:00 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Just BEING on the show isn't going to hurt me but looking like a moron on the show would. I don't expect to act like a moron...
This is what concerns most of us. You don't have to do anything for them to make you look like a moron. They edit the film to make people appear however they want. You have to go into it knowing that and accepting that. You have to have the mindset that you're going to let everything roll off. And you absolutely shouldn't go unless you get the prescription medication you need to manage your anxiety and depression.

If you do get accepted, let us know. I've never watched the show, but I'd watch it if you were on.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:32 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
txt...honestly, has anyone ever been portrayed in a positive light on that show? Disclaimer...never seen it but I have seen reality shows - even "good" ones rarely have anyone smelling like a rose by the end....it's kinda the point to some extent don'tcha think? Watching normal people, go about their normal life, behaving like adults isn't exactly compelling television. I doubt too many people "expect" to act like morons...any yet...

Quote:
I expect to gain some independence and life expereince from it
Not sure how living at someone else's expense and being followed by a camera allows you to "gain some independence"?

Life experience...well...ok..but is it the kind of life experience that you actually benefit from? Technically, pretty much anything counts as "life experience"...

Last edited by maciesmom; 02-26-2011 at 06:49 AM..

Old 02-26-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:

Yes...but the show was young and she was ALREADY a deputy marshall....The show now has a rep and you aren't one yet. Big difference. Wonder if she's been promoted?

Old 02-26-2011, 06:42 AM

"If" you make it...what happens to your job? And your healthcare?

Old 02-26-2011, 06:50 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,516,029 times
Quote:
You know I don't have to DO anything stupid once on the show....
And everyone always knows theres that one sweet naive girl on the show that doesn't indulge as much as the rest...

Who knows if I will actually get past this casting call...who knows.
But why not go and try and have fun. Plus, I highly doubt all that many people are going to be there, most the time no one hears about these casting calls in enough time, at least I never do....

But im going to go, have fun with it and see what happens.

And if I DO make it onto the show, I expect to gain some independence and life expereince from it, living in a new state perhaps, unless they do a Back To Denver for the 26th season. Just BEING on the show isn't going to hurt me but looking like a moron on the show would. I don't expect to act like a moron...
So why would they cast you?

The point is that you would be willing to do stupid stuff, look like a moron, be talked about by everyone, and not care at the end of the day. You would be exposed, mocked, & talked about. You can't even handle a simple conversation w/ your mother...can't imagine what would happen if a few thousand people were scrutinizing your every move & as everyone has said, basically laughing at you.

There is no payment. They get a stipend for food which is why you always see them eating out. The restaurants in the area set up a deal w/ MTV. I lived near Austin when it was being taped there. People would throw things at the cast members, bait them on, you name it.

They would walk into clubs & be called names & laughed at. There were the befrienders who wanted to be on tv themselves so pretended to be their friend. The city of Austin couldn't stand the show, the cast members & there were numerous fights & constant degradation on the radio.

This "sweet little naive" girl you speak of is never sweet & naive. Again, you've written to much on here for most everyone to understand this show would only increase whatever issues you have.

If you think MTV cares, you are wrong. They want to make a buck off of your problems.

You THINK you have issues now. Go on Real World & see what happens then.

Nope, you won't go anywhere.

Sorry, txt, but there will be a long line. Your life is in line w/ thousands of others. Maybe if you started to realize that, you'd be able to move ahead. Life is not easy. EVERYONE has bumps in the road. EVERYONE has issues. EVERYONE struggles. EVERYONE.

You focus so much on YOU that you can't even see that far ahead. It's quite dangerous. But as many have said; I have said, if the route you wish to continue to take is the one you are, go ahead.

After awhile, no one is going to be feel sorry for you & years later, you will look back & say, "Wow, did I sound like an idiot."

You make poor choices b/c you want to make poor choices. You want to be recognized for it & somehow made to feel special b/c you have issues. There is nothing special about it other than you don't do a thing to change.

If you expect a few number of people, why would they bother w/ a VIP line??

It's completely naive to think you'd get independence living somewhere where the bills are paid for you. What happens when taping stops? You'll have a record of being taped going to the bathroom & getting drunk. That's not independence.

Life doesn't have to be as hard as you are choosing to make it for yourself.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
txt...honestly, has anyone ever been portrayed in a positive light on that show? Disclaimer...never seen it but I have seen reality shows - even "good" ones rarely have anyone smelling like a rose by the end....it's kinda the point to some extent don'tcha think? Watching normal people, go about their normal life, behaving like adults isn't exactly compelling television. I doubt too many people "expect" to act like morons...any yet...

Not sure how living at someone else's expense and being followed by a camera allows you to "gain some independence"?

Life experience...well...ok..but is it the kind of life experience that you actually benefit from? Technically, pretty much anything counts as "life experience"...
This show came out when I was in college & had a huge following. They even did a casting at Ohio State. It was out of control & I knew one person who got a call back. To say he had issues was mild. He couldn't go further in the audition process b/c he had a suspended license & a warrant out for his arrest. I woulnd't be surprised if MTV know actually looks for those sort of cast members.

There have been a small handful who have made some paths in their life. One is now a senator though he was a lawyer when he went on the show. A former Dallas Cowboy cheerleader who can't figure out if she is a lesbian or bisexual...you know, the usual young adult fare

A lot of it is self-promotion. Most end up on this show MTV has on know where they do competitions against each other. They can't find jobs & I saw an interview a few months back..DO NOT WANT to find jobs b/c they want to be "actresses" & "actors".

Why would you want to get a job when MTV can give you an apt for free, food for free & you don't have to work? Hmmm, maybe there is something to it.

I mean for the majority of parents on this forum, we'd probably all allow our children to audition if that is what they truly felt they needed to do. But also, as parents, I'm sure we'd recognized WHY they were doing it & just hope. Can't hold your children down but I think most adults who are somewhat stable, come from ok homes, & are at least TRYING understand the point of these shows & stay far, far away.

I watch Teen Mom here & there & they are promoting the new RW season in Las Vegas....getting drunk, fighting, lots of sex w/ random strangers...it's not even original or entertaining. All it does is say to a person "Why would someone want to be taped doing this?" And most of us know the answer to that one...

Old 02-26-2011, 07:04 AM

Quote:
she left the show before it finished taping

where you even born when season 2 was on?

Old 02-26-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
They can't find jobs & I saw an interview a few months back..DO NOT WANT to find jobs b/c they want to be "actresses" & "actors".

I doubt they really want to be actors (assume that's why you ""'d)...they just want to be famous. They want to get paid to go to parties. They want to be Paris Hilton...famous for....hmmm...being rich and famous.

Honestly, if my child wanted to do this with her life (not that I could stop her, she'd have to be over 18), it would break my heart. I'd sure hope she expected more out of life than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting