Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 02:30 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
On a MUCH happier note: Did you catch Amazing Race on Sunday by any chance? They were in Sydney. Lots of shots from the top of the bridge.
We love that show. We keep saying someday we are going to send in an audition tape......

Old 02-23-2011, 02:46 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
That's why I'm always saying "tomorrow isn't promised". Hug someone you love today.

Another amazing version of "OTR" is by Ray Stevens. He did an album where he wasn't all funny and funky and it's really lovely.

I get weepy (still) over Elton's tribute. With a lot of English friends (and we'd just been there) we were burning up the phone lines after she was killed. That country was in the kind of shock we were in when JFK was shot. I can still remember my DH telling me what had happened and I thought, she'll be all right. So we watched a video. Afterwards turned on the TV and she was gone. We debated about calling GB because of the time difference and we knew we'd be waking them up with the news. DH and I got up in the middle of the night to watch her funeral. I cried buckets because I knew our friends were camping out on the streets in London to watch the procession and THEY were crying buckets.

---

On a MUCH happier note: Did you catch Amazing Race on Sunday by any chance? They were in Sydney. Lots of shots from the top of the bridge.
Ooooh! Yes I did. I love Amazing Race. DH was watching too, and he went - "wow it's really beautiful" coz those were some amazing shots. I could see his mind ticking over for a minute there, but we'd just break the grandparents' hearts if we went back and took the only grandchild. So I guess y'all are stuck with the FinsterRufuses.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
If you had to eat eat one food everyday for the rest of your life (calories and health aside) what would it be:

For me. It would be Kraft Mac and Cheese. I just got the new one that comes with breadcrumbs to put on top. Can't wait to try it. When I was little it was the only thing I would eat. Literally. She took me to teh doctor and the doctor it's better I eat that than not eating at all. Still love it today.
No brainer for me - Thai red chicken curry (Thai hot) and Chinese broccoli with pork from The Palms in Hollywood.

Good grief, you guys are triggers today. First I was sad, now I'm bleedin' starving.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:50 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
We love that show. We keep saying someday we are going to send in an audition tape......
You should totally do it.

I have friends who work on the crews of various reality shows. They always have stories about the participants that are MUCH worse than actual actors and actresses. Big Brother seems to be the worst. (I think because the crew is trapped with them on set.)

Who are you cheering for this season? I think I'm going with the deaf man and his mother.

And.... Ice cream. Hands down.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
No brainer for me - Thai red chicken curry (Thai hot) and Chinese broccoli with pork from The Palms in Hollywood.

Good grief, you guys are triggers today. First I was sad, now I'm bleedin' starving.
Well, thank you very much for mentioning that place! lol.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Who are you cheering for this season? I think I'm going with the deaf man and his mother.
Hmmmm.... well, we really liked the cowboys the first time but they seem to be complete ding dongs this time.

I'm not sure yet. There really is no one super annoying which is good.

How do people get that much time off from work is what I want to know!

Old 02-23-2011, 02:54 PM

Oh, and I could live on nachos for the rest of my life.....

Old 02-23-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Well, thank you very much for mentioning that place! lol.
Maybe we can get psr13 to drive down there and get some for us, and we can eat vicariously.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Maybe we can get psr13 to drive down there and get some for us, and we can eat vicariously.
I want psr to pick me up some L.A. donuts! Have you seen that thread on the L.A. board? We're all going nuts talking about all the great Cambodian-owned donut shops in that town.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:09 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,795,182 times
I went to Jalapeno Heaven for lunch today. It's a family-owned mexican restaurant (not a taqueria), that makes its own pico de gallo AND their own sangria (drool). Had my usual, served by the owner and head chef Hector himself, with a kiss on the cheek and a reminder that the plate is hot.

1 fresh-fried corn tortilla taco with shredded seasoned brisket, chopped tomatos, lettuce and shredded jack cheese. With home-made refries and fluffy mexian rice. All covered in cheese and a dollop of pico on each item. And a glass of sangria, of course.

If I had room left, I would have had their "sundae nachos" - a plate of fresh fried flour tortilla chips, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar as a base. On top of that, bite-sized cubes of vanilla ice cream dotting the plate. Plus miniature chocolate morsels, a variety of nuts, whipped-cream "kisses," and drizzled generously with strawberry sauce, chocolate sauce, and kahlua.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting