Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 02:02 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ATX View Post
No, I'm getting you women trying to speak for the Men. that's what.

where are the SAHD's at? chime in please. I know you're out there. these women said so.

So the fact that they don't choose to visit this particular forum (or they choose to abstain from this particular conversation) means that they don't exist? Back to Logic 101 for you.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:07 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
Quote:
it's not about "exclusive" jobs, it's about jobs we can do that woman cannot. simple math. think about the most dangerous jobs out there and I bet you my house it's 99.5% Men. and you can't argue with that.
That 99.5% rate has to do with discrimination, not inability. Men like you holding women back from jobs that are oh too dangerous for the faint little woman.

Quote:
and stop trying to change the subject. this thread wasn't created for you in the first place. but you're still trying to derail and take it over..
You mess with Zimbo, you mess with all of us!

Quote:
women
Chauvinist!

Old 09-28-2011, 02:08 PM

I think it's important for us to let you know that you're not upsetting us. We think this is hillarious. You're good entertainment!

Old 09-28-2011, 02:09 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,965,387 times
If you are swayed by the court of public opinion, you would not make it as a SAHD. Blaze your own path, make it work for you and yours, then blog about it. Start your own movement.

DH was about an equal parent when eldest was born. We worked alternate schedules to make it work. He excelled at the cleaning, cooking and child care. I do believe dads can do as well as moms at child rearing.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:11 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,853,029 times
Ladies, There is no reason to respond. He wants to hear from SAHDs. Why he came to a forum that is dominated by women when there are web sites and forums dedicated to SAHDs, I don't think I will ever know. The point is he wants to hear from SAHDs so there is no point in responding.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:12 PM

616 posts, read 854,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
If you are swayed by the court of public opinion, you would not make it as a SAHD. Blaze your own path, make it work for you and yours, then blog about it. Start your own movement.
Who blazed the path for women to be SAHM's? or did they do it as a collective whole?

Quote:
DH was about an equal parent when eldest was born. We worked alternate schedules to make it work. He excelled at the cleaning, cooking and child care. I do believe dads can do as well as moms at child rearing.
this comment belongs in the SAHM's thread. not here.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:14 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
it's not about "exclusive" jobs, it's about jobs we can do that woman cannot. simple math. think about the most dangerous jobs out there and I bet you my house it's 99.5% Men. and you can't argue with that.
I don't know about 99.5%, but for the sake of non-argument I will agree. I bet you that these men work those jobs because of money, not because of altruism or "but honey, somebody's GOT TO mine the coal!" I know a trash collector. He's a guy, and I would agree that there aren't many female trash collectors out there. He also makes like $70K a year. He does it for the money, not because he loves the work or because somebody has to clean up the trash, by golly. Women don't choose that line of work because it's not financially worth it to them. Sure, if my friend quit work maybe a woman would take his place. But I don't think he wants to quit his job. He likes the money.

Quote:
now I need to see some SAHD's...one of you said 2 of them lived on your street. then tell them log on and chime in then.
Why not ask your 15 friends to create accounts and sign in?

Keep in mind that I can see a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff. One of your buddies better not try to create 15 accounts or I'll be on him like black on coal.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Ladies, There is no reason to respond. He wants to hear from SAHDs. Why he came to a forum that is dominated by women when there are web sites and forums dedicated to SAHDs, I don't think I will ever know. The point is he wants to hear from SAHDs so there is no point in responding.
um...you guys said that there are scores of SAHD's out there. are you implying that this thread is invalid? because I don't think so. if the SAHD's are out there. then you and the rest know where they are and can get them on the phone...so to speak..lol

don't try to degenerate the thread with vague assumptions and undercover insults. I'm trying to find answers. you have offer nothigng but borderline trollisms. now stop it and go fetch me some SAHD's that can speak on this here topic, ma'am. pleas.e

or else, Mods close it.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:18 PM

[quote=JustJulia;21072016]I

Quote:
Why not ask your 15 friends to create accounts and sign in?
for what, their not SAHD's...YOU guys claim their out there, the ball is in your court.

why are you thread jacking with all this nonsense. can't you women fall back for a minute and let the thread pick up some SAHD's???

are they too scare to sign on because of you?

Old 09-28-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Who blazed the path for women to be SAHM's? or did they do it as a collective whole?
That path was created by men to suppress women. Interesting that you now see it as a cushy lifestyle.

Quote:
this comment belongs in the SAHM's thread. not here.
Honey, you don't get to dictate what we post. You're not in charge here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting