Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 03:00 PM

34 posts, read 53,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Yes, as I suspected you are the poster who comes here under different usernames to work out your "bad dad" pathology with stories about defenseless mothers and children.

Carry on.
Sorry???

Old 11-02-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So it would make things uncomfortable for you? Well, then that's a totally reasonable explanation of why you would spend the rest of your life lying to her and denying your child a relationship with his grandmother.
I'll have to think better about this. I want to make a decision as soon as possible.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:05 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMOS99 View Post
My mother would never accept my decision of not having contact with my son. She wouldn't stop nagging me about it.
Well that's a horse of another color. I don't think I could accept similar behavior from my own sons, so man up. You can stay out of your child's life, except for support, but your parents shouldn't be the secondary victims here. Tell them.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:15 PM

708 posts, read 823,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Idiot .

Way to go in making young woman pregnant and stunt her forward progress . Quick, apply for abortion NOW (if she doesn't want a kid), or man up and learn how to be a good dad. The child would suffer coming into this world without a father to protect and nurture.

There were 2 involved in this pregnancy. A man has the condom and a vasectomy for contraception, a woman has
  1. caps
  2. combined pill
  3. contraceptive implant
  4. contraceptive injection
  5. contraceptive patch
  6. diaphragms
  7. intrauterine device (IUD)
  8. intrauterine system (IUS)
  9. natural family planning
  10. progestogen-only pill
  11. vaginal ring

There are probably more I don't know about, yet you only cast blame on the man? The both of them are responsible but I believe the woman has more power and more options to prevent a pregnancy. If you are going to have sex and you do not want preganancies, make use of the avaliable options or make sure the woman does. I see this thread as a stark reminder and a warning.

There are far too many single parent families already so let this be a reminder to others. I also believe the OP does not see the bigger picture concerning this either.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:16 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,191,620 times
RMOS99 -- Hello. I just want to add that while that little baby is taking 9 months to grow, you [Dad] and Mom also have some time to grow into your new roles. My suggestion - Open up that ultrasound picture she sent you, take a look at the tiny baby growing inside. Then, put on a sweater, and go outside and take a walk. Have your route go by a neighborhood park. Pause a couple of minutes as you watch the children playing. Look at the moms and dads and grandparents. Then, RMOS99, continue your walk. And while you are walking, try praying. And thinking. I am guessing everything will work out for you. Be thankful that the little baby is healthy. Smile at the guy you see in the mirror! This will work.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:21 PM

577 posts, read 900,372 times
I will probably be the voice of dissent here--if you don't want to be involved (beyond your legal and financial obligations), then don't. As long as you know the child will be well cared for and loved by the people who will be in his life.

However, DO NOT MAKE A DECISION NOW. Wait until you meet the baby and hold him. Even if you don't want to meet him as a newborn, force yourself to do it at least once before making this decision. Take it from me, you may feel very, very different once you see the living breathing child that is part of you.

Also, have an attorney represent you because even people with the best of intentions can devolve into a terrible situation as support and custody issues go on.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:27 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
This is never going to be the ideal situation but I would feel a lot worse if I stayed around and ended up making him unhappy.
the only way you can make him unhappy is to ignore him while he grows up! get with it, you may just find you have a great buddy in life. it doesn't take a lot to be a good dad, especially if you are non custodial. a little effort will go a long way.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:39 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
?..... I've got the job I want (engineering), I have a nice house, the car I wanted, I enjoy travelling to exotic places and not having to answer to anything or anyone besides my job.

Stay away. Kids got enough **** to **** him or her up than a selfish father who doesn't want to be there.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:42 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Yes, as I suspected you are the poster who comes here under different usernames to work out your "bad dad" pathology with stories about defenseless mothers and children.

Carry on.
This.

Is your father a physician yet you've never seen a doctor?

Old 11-02-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Well that's a horse of another color. I don't think I could accept similar behavior from my own sons, so man up. You can stay out of your child's life, except for support, but your parents shouldn't be the secondary victims here. Tell them.
My relationship with her would never be the same. I don't expect her to understand my reasons because she loves children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting