Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 07:54 PM

66 posts, read 129,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
Maybe you think it's healthy and positive for those who created Western civilization to mix with those who created African civilization. I fail to see how that could result in any benefit to Western people. To date, the cumulative results have proven to be overwhelmingly negative for them. Nonetheless, we're getting off topic. I think the OP is having a very normal reaction and yes, a natural, instinctual one. One that he need not feel ashamed of or apologize for.
With all due respect, I'm not one of those "superior genes" people. And I don't want to be associated with that kind of stuff. I agreed with what you said about whites being demonized for things non-whites aren't, but your line of think isn't the same as mine.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Crime and other social statistics being what they are, no you aren't being unreasonable. Your number one job as a parent is to protect your child. If that means other people call you names, so be it.
I agree.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:01 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,848,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Crime and other social statistics being what they are, no you aren't being unreasonable. Your number one job as a parent is to protect your child. If that means other people call you names, so be it.
Yea all of us are blacks are bad apples.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:07 PM

140 posts, read 189,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
Maybe you think it's healthy and positive for those who created Western civilization to mix with those who created African civilization. I fail to see how that could result in any benefit to Western people. To date, the cumulative results have proven to be overwhelmingly negative for them. Nonetheless, we're getting off topic. I think the OP is having a very normal reaction and yes, a natural, instinctual one. One that he need not feel ashamed of or apologize for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kachere View Post
With all due respect, I'm not one of those "superior genes" people. And I don't want to be associated with that kind of stuff. I agreed with what you said about whites being demonized for things non-whites aren't, but your line of think isn't the same as mine.
I admire the fact that as the "my white daughter shouldn't date a black guy" person, the "superior genes" person is just going to far and you want none of that. The NAACP just called and wants to know if you'd like to accept your award along with Donald Sterling.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Mountain View Post
I admire the fact that as the "my white daughter shouldn't date a black guy" person, the "superior genes" person is just going to far and you want none of that.
When the notion of racism was conceived, it meant someone who thought their race is superior - not the petered down liberal version that is so rampant today. I'm not one of those people, as I have reiterated time and time again. I may be prejudiced in certain light, but name me a single person on this planet who doesn't harbor any kind of prejudices? And sometimes it's actually good to be prejudiced.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:18 PM

811 posts, read 550,856 times
It's a racist stance you have but we don't know you well enough to know if you are completely racist as a person.

I'm a black man and if I had children I wouldn't want either of them dating a white man/woman. It'd be more painful to see the pair of BW/WM though. Am I racist, I don't think so but I admit my answer to this one stance is a prejudiced one.

She's your daughter, as long as she lives under your roof she has to obey your orders. Just know though, you may have a case where she rebels and goes for the brothas which will be your nightmare lol.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:19 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,913,732 times
Quote:
My daughter is 17 and she's dating a young black man who is also 17. They go to the same school. Now I know in this PC- orientated world, people will immediately claim I'm a racist. Personally, I don't think I am. Racism has somewhat lost its meaning due to the rise of liberalism... it used to mean someone who believes in racial superiority and discriminates against people of a different race. I do neither. I'm just not comfortable with the idea of her being with the guys she's with. Call me old school if you like. And before people shout "racist" down my throat - Arab Muslims only want their children to date/marry other Arab Muslims. Is that racist?
What is it about about the kid that bothers you?

Old 03-27-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
It's a racist stance you have but we don't know you well enough to know if you are completely racist as a person.

I'm a black man and if I had children I wouldn't want either of them dating a white man/woman. It'd be more painful to see the pair of BW/WM though. Am I racist, I don't think so but I admit my answer to this one stance is a prejudiced one.

She's your daughter, as long as she lives under your roof she has to obey your orders. Just know though, you may have a case where she rebels and goes for the brothas which will be your nightmare lol.
I don't think you are racist at all.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:21 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,492,364 times
Quote:
I didn't mention "superior genes". I would however say different, unique, and most certainly worth preserving. And this isn't simply "a line of thinking", it's established scientific fact. Even the most casual observer will notice a stark difference between white societies and black ones. Whether one is "superior" I suppose would largely be a matter of opinion. If you honestly think we're "all the same" so to speak, then I have to question what possible objection you have with your daughter's choice. Why shouldn't she date him? Why do you think she should stay with her own kind?

Old 03-27-2015, 08:24 PM

811 posts, read 550,856 times
Lol what I thought when I read OP

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting