Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 04:34 PM

1,538 posts, read 2,306,102 times

Advertisements

It is so tempting to sit here and argue with you. But I'm going to go hug the hell out of my mixed race daughter; it sickens me that there are people who would look at her and judge her as you do. I'll pray for you.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:35 PM

66 posts, read 130,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Yes you are. And yes...anyone else that can't get past a person's skin color or religion is as well. It's not 'old school' it's being racist. The is nothing 'pc' about calling you what you proudly say ypu are.

Go back to watching The Vikings and saying how handsome Germans are. (Very telling comments.)

How odd that you are disappointed thst your daughter seems more willing to look at a person's charecter and not just how much melain one has or doesn't have.
So saying people of Germanic descent are attractive and watching "Vikings" is now racist? Dear God.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmeck View Post
It is so tempting to sit here and argue with you. But I'm going to go hug the hell out of my mixed race daughter; it sickens me that there are people who would look at her and judge her as you do. I'll pray for you.
Okay - can I ask a genuine question? Did you and your partner face cultural and social issues because of your relationship?

Old 03-27-2015, 04:40 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,708,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kachere View Post
So saying people of Germanic descent are attractive and watching "Vikings" is now racist? Dear God.
It shows a pattern when combined with this thread.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:40 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,574,120 times
Quote:
You don't see anything racist about not liking a person just because of their skin color? Hate to break it to you ..but that is racism.

The OP never said he didn't like the Boy. He said he did not approve of him dating his Daughter. Read that again. HIS DAUGHTER, not yours or anyone else's. And if the Truth was known 99% of the ones yelling "Racist" are glad its not their Daughter.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:42 PM

208 posts, read 604,246 times
Really? These days I'd be much more worried about my children dating bullies, criminals, abusive people, etc. who come in all colors, cultures, and sizes. Who cares if he's purple if he's a good person who treats her right?

Old 03-27-2015, 04:43 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,708,502 times
Quote:
I didn't say you specifically. And just because you're okay with your daughter being with a black man doesn't mean everyone else should share your opinion.
You have not stated any negative about this young man besides his skin color. have you even met him?

Old 03-27-2015, 04:46 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,574,120 times
Quote:
My daughter at college current dates sometimes a young man whose an exchange student from the UK....he's black.. . So your point is?

Is your Daughter over 17 years old, a Minor? I am sure his Daughter, after she is 18 can make her own decisions.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:46 PM

722 posts, read 1,109,505 times
Quote:
You defined me as a racist because I don't want my daughter dating a black guy. 9/10 Arab parents would agree with me - most likely not just with blacks, but whites, Asians, Hispanics; any man or woman who wasn't an Arab Muslim. So I ask again . . . do you think Arab Muslims are racist?
If that was their stance...maybe racist but I suspect it has more to do with religious prejudice. So unless you are against him because of your religious beliefs I don't see this as comparable. How about we just go with you are bigoted? Does that make you feel better?

Old 03-27-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
You have not stated any negative about this young man besides his skin color. have you even met him?
No, I haven't. Admittedly I don't know much about him. My daughter lives with her mother. We're divorced. However it's no secret that African-Americans commit a disproportionate amount of crime. Is it unreasonable for me to be concerned when I contemplate it from that aspect? This is my child we're talking about. Even if I'm being over-protective, I'd rather be that than sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting