Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2016, 07:05 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,386,549 times

Advertisements

I would like to know how the hell the kid missed that many days of school.

And also, about the spanking...The kid kinda deserved one, but not that way. It took two women two minutes to paddle him one time. Just quickly do it. And then it's over with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 09:07 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,251 times
I didn't think kindergarten was even mandatory in most places? Everyone I know sends their kids but I didn't think you could charged with truancy of the kid missed school.

Obviously a lot of issues going on here, but I think corporal punishment in school is barbaric. I refuse to watch the video, but maybe it will bring about change in places where this is still legal.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:56 AM

3,649 posts, read 4,496,311 times
This thread is hilarious.

Sexual abuse? Barbaric? Disturbing? Injuring? Violently attacking? Oh brother. Get a grip. It was a swift paddle on the ass. They didn't punch him in the face, body's lam him, take him, pepper spray him, slam him against the wall, they swatted his ass for being a brat who doesn't listen to warnings and spits on ither kids. If the brat didn't want a spanking maybe he should have listened to his teacher's warnings. And yes, 5 years old is old enough to listen to rules set by an adult authority figure. "Injure him" lmao really? Come on. You people are way too soft for this world. I fully support corporal punishment. if they just swatted him and got it over with, bet you $100 the kid would remember that next time he felt the need to spit on someone. Wouldn't do it. Now he's going to remember how his mom tried to let him get away with it, and will likely do it again. Yall are so dramatic.

If you want truly disturbing videos I can sure give you some. Stories, too. this is nothing more than a brat throwing a tantrum.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:58 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
This poor kid is already screwed bc of the mom he has.

I don't think he'll be beaten into a better future.

Old 04-16-2016, 10:06 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,902,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I think one thing that can be agreed on no matter what else is this: 20 something truancies and physically attacking other kids is a sure sign that mom and dad are full of fail when it comes to their kid.

I just couldn't stand that video. I swear it's like the two women trying to spank him were just enjoying mentally screwing with that kid. If they were so determined to spank him, then hold him down, give him the swat, and at least get it over with. The clip in the OP shows they even let him go to run back to his mother, which couldn't have helped the situation any. (Note--that does not mean I approve of them doing this. Only that if they were insistent upon doing so, then at least get it over and done with quickly instead of mentally torturing the kid as well.)
According to one article:

Quote:
Unfortunately for Perez, she was previously arrested for truancy after Thomas missed 18 days of school due to doctors appointments, and she was fearful she would be arrested again if he was suspended. Reportedly, the principal in question threatened her with more jail time if she didn’t comply with her wishes. Talk about sadistic.
If he had doctors notes, it would seem the absences would have been excused and she would not have been charged with truancy although states differ. In Texas, they sometimes pursue truancy even when a child is being treated by a doctor for serious illnesses.

Someone above said he had a knife in school at some point - where did you find that information as I have not seen that.

Old 04-16-2016, 10:23 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,878,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
According to one article:

If he had doctors notes, it would seem the absences would have been excused and she would not have been charged with truancy although states differ. In Texas, they sometimes pursue truancy even when a child is being treated by a doctor for serious illnesses.

Someone above said he had a knife in school at some point - where did you find that information as I have not seen that.
Yeah, Where my kids went to public school, it was up to the school to accept the excuse or not (even with a docs note) and some still had limits on how many "excused days" they could miss. And only of my kids missed several days in testing time due to a real illness (they witnessed) with doctors note and they still threatened me (I think to bully me, I don't think they could follow through)

Old 04-16-2016, 10:36 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I didn't think kindergarten was even mandatory in most places? Everyone I know sends their kids but I didn't think you could charged with truancy of the kid missed school.

Obviously a lot of issues going on here, but I think corporal punishment in school is barbaric. I refuse to watch the video, but maybe it will bring about change in places where this is still legal.
Yes, you can. If you send your child to kindergarten then you have to follow the rules that the county sets regarding missed days of school.

In our county, if you miss more than 10 days and don't have doctor's notes then you will get a visit.

Old 04-16-2016, 10:44 AM

389 posts, read 330,049 times
May well have been the first discipline the kid's ever had. More of the same may keep him out of prison at 19.

Old 04-16-2016, 10:51 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,902,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
Yes, you can. If you send your child to kindergarten then you have to follow the rules that the county sets regarding missed days of school.

In our county, if you miss more than 10 days and don't have doctor's notes then you will get a visit.
While this is true, I think you can withdraw a child from kindergarten without much penalty.

https://www.gadoe.org/External-Affai...uirements.aspx

Quote:
Compulsory Attendance

Georgia law requires that students attend a public or private school or a home study program from their sixth to their 16th birthdays. Public Kindergarten is available in every school system, but it is not mandatory.
https://mamaofletters.files.wordpres...ling-laws1.pdf

Quote:
Homeschoolers do not need to fill out a declaration of intent to homeschool for Kindergarten.
However, if your child is already enrolled in Kindergarten and you want to withdraw them, you will need to fill out a declaration of intent within 30 days.
Her mistake was enrolling him in kindergarten in the first place, I guess.

Old 04-16-2016, 10:56 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
While this is true, I think you can withdraw a child from kindergarten without much penalty.

https://www.gadoe.org/External-Affai...uirements.aspx

https://mamaofletters.files.wordpres...ling-laws1.pdf

Her mistake was enrolling him in kindergarten in the first place, I guess.

Yes you can withdraw them but that wasn't the question the poster asked. They didn't think the child could get in trouble if they missed days if they were enrolled in K. The answer is yes they can get into trouble for missing to many days. Perhaps she should have withdrew him if he missed all those days for doctor appts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting