Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 11:02 AM

3,137 posts, read 2,710,004 times

Advertisements

Destiny, that is just very strange that the mom expected you to reciprocate an invite that she did not extend to your own child.

It seems like in K through 3rd grade, kids can't make up their minds who their friends are. One week they are best friends with a kid, the next week it's someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 11:33 AM

10 posts, read 11,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
So rather than be happy for your friend, you made it about you.

Quote:
It wasn't that hard to get. Instead of being happy for her friend's fortune, she's still brooding about being excluded. Not everyone can be included in everything, people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You're one of those, I see. You assume that you know the entire conversation that I had with her based on what I wrote on this forum. It's really stupid to assume. What I said here I did not say to her. Not everyone is as classless as those who jump to conclusions based on their own personal problems.
To Bitey- Like Three Wolves In Snow said, its "stupid to assume." she never said she wasn't "happy for her friend's fortune." Her friend was rude by continuously calling her to talk about it when she chose 8 others before her. Clearly she had 8 other friends to talk about the experience with.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Ol' Bitey seems to think that I railed in to my "friend" for not inviting me...clearly missing the entire point of the post. So that ol' Bitey can calm her knickers, I'll share that what I did was listen to my "friend" talk about her exciting win, talk about all of the friends that are going with her, talk about where it was, what they were going to do, how fabulous it all was going to be. Then, when she realized, ON HER OWN, ol' Bitey, that she was being extremely rude, she quickly threw in that a friend of hers may not go, if that happened, she would be picking me up to go. Not once did I "make it about me". Even when the "friend" called the next day to talk about all of the fun she had, not once did I "make it about me". I once again listened to her carry on about what a fabulous time they all had. What I shared here is how it made me feel, but ol' Bitey, unless your name is Amanda and you live in Miami, she doesn't have a clue how it made me feel because I never told her.

Now go on with your little life ol' Bitey, assuming and insulting as you go. Feel free to take a good long look in the mirror and see about polishing up that class.
Your original post was clear. Some people like Bitey need to take a step back and practice reading comprehension.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny74 View Post
When my daughter was in first grade, a girl she was friends with had a birthday party. She invited every girl in the class except my daughter and another girl. Then, to top it off, the mom picked up all the kids after school that day so my daughter was the only girl left behind (the other non-invited girl wasn't there that day). This broke my heart. My daughter had been to this girl's house before as she had also been to ours. My daughter thought they were best friends. I actually called the mom to see if something had happened that I wasn't aware of. She just got all defensive and said she had a small house (bigger than ours) and didn't have room for everyone.
I agree that some moms are just incredibly rude and inconsiderate.
Ironically, the girl that had the party fully expected to be invited to MY daughter's b'day party two weeks later......?
Some adults are unbelievable. I clearly understand how and why you felt that way.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:06 PM

509 posts, read 555,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
Destiny, that is just very strange that the mom expected you to reciprocate an invite that she did not extend to your own child.

It seems like in K through 12th grade, kids can't make up their minds who their friends are. One week they are best friends with a kid, the next week it's someone else.

Fixed it for ya

Op, didn't read the whole thread but 2 things:
1) is it possible only boys were invited
2) did you ask the other mother

Old 10-27-2016, 12:28 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
"I'll never forget the day a 'friend'" . . . If she wasn't so good a friend that the word "friend" has to be qualified in quotes, why is it a that she'll never forget how she was excluded and continues to retell the story today?

If you want me to let it go, then don't respond to my posts. "I get to stir it up but you should let it go." That's not how it works.
JFC, if you have any memories you think that means you're "brooding" on it? Get a grip on reality. Might I suggest that you take up a) seeking mental help and b) a fricken hobby.

Are you a bored housewife with nothing to do? You're acting just like one.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:41 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
A 5 year old boy might only want to invite 5 year old boys to his party. If the girl was 6, she might have been disqualified on 2 counts. Being a girl and being 6. Maybe the mother thought that was obvious, and didn't see anything to apologize for. Maybe she wasn't aware the girl was disappointed.
Maybe she wasn't aware? She's an adult, how could you not be aware unless you're a complete dolt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Well, maybe this boy's Mom doesn't know you yet. I would think you could make this a less traumatic experience for your daughter, instead of making her think it was a personal attack. Just seems as a parent you could have said something to help her understand rather than feed this entitlement reaction and melt down she had.

And the little boy sitting on your lawn chair probably had no idea which kids were invited, a 5 year old is not processing this event the same way as you were.

If you allow your child to think everything that doesn't go her way is a personal attack, she will develop that negative attitude. Pick your battle grounds wisely....it is shaping her whole attitude for the rest of her life. So, even if you feel one way, you need to help your child feel the right way.

Now, imo....What I would do is make sure that for your daughter's next birthday, you invite all the neighbor kids....Then that will set precedent and I'll bet she will be invited in return., and if not....that will be ok too.
Than don't let your kid on someone else's property if you don't know them, that doesn't seem to be the case anyway.

The OP clearly stated that she didn't think the 5 year old boy had any bad intentions when he mentioned the party. She gets that a 5 year old doesn't understand how it hurt her daughter's feelings.

And the OP isn't letting her child think that everything that doesn't go her way is a personal attack, this wasn't the daughter throwing a fit because her softball team didn't win.

This was incredibly rude behavior by an adult.

It's also rude to do this to adults, but to a child? Very, very thoughtless.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:56 PM

9,985 posts, read 5,689,285 times
Quote:
JFC, if you have any memories you think that means you're "brooding" on it? Get a grip on reality. Might I suggest that you take up a) seeking mental help and b) a fricken hobby.

Are you a bored housewife with nothing to do? You're acting just like one.
It still bothers you enough to this day that you refer to the person as a "friend" in quotes because such a relatively inconsequential sleight bothers you that much and you specifically made a point you'll never forget it. Sounds like it made a lot more of an impact on you than you're willing to admit and you get flustered and swear at people who point out how much it still upsets you, so maybe I'm not the one who needs mental help. If you get it, then maybe you won't concern yourself with the hobbies and occupation strangers on the internet.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:22 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
It still bothers you enough to this day that you refer to the person as a "friend" in quotes because such a relatively inconsequential sleight bothers you that much and you specifically made a point you'll never forget it. Sounds like it made a lot more of an impact on you than you're willing to admit and you get flustered and swear at people who point out how much it still upsets you, so maybe I'm not the one who needs mental help. If you get it, then maybe you won't concern yourself with the hobbies and occupation strangers on the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04

//www.city-data.com/forum/45766891-post154.html

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Its a question on a forum.... so its fair game to give our opinions.
Not when your opinion tries to make someone else's business your business when it doesn't concern you in any way.
Eat your own words.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 10-27-2016 at 09:30 PM..

Old 10-27-2016, 10:05 PM

9,985 posts, read 5,689,285 times
Quote:
Eat your own words.
Says the woman who tries to belittle someone by mocking my supposed occupation and hobbies. You've made my business your business now, so your high horse looks a little more like a basset hound. If I took a page from your book I could get all stroppy and defensive about it and swear at you, but I'd rather not. Not my style.

You seem to make an awfully big deal out of insisting it's no big deal. If it's no big deal, then move along already. Otherwise, I'd be happy to humor you some more and go another few rounds. After all, I'm just a bored housewife with no other hobbies. That's who you're dancing with now. What does that make you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting