Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 02:02 PM

196 posts, read 158,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Don't tell people to move out and support themselves if they want to set their own rules and then call it throwing a tempter tantrum when they do.
It doesn't work like that.
If she wants to work so she can move out her parents house that's an adult decision.
No ones just going to want their entire life dictated.
Actually, it does. Your stuff is on the porch, and you have 30 days to vacate the premises.

It's so simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Lol what?
My moms overreactions and controlling did not suddenly seem reasonable just because I became aware of how much it cost to live on your own.

She still seemed crazy and I just simply knew how much it would cost me.
I moved out and took the cost instead.

Having a curfew, bedtime and not allowed to be in a relationship or have sex at 20 will never be reasonable no matter what.

I had to sneak out and lie at 20/21.
It is reasonable. Again, you have 30 days to leave before the police force you to. Not that hard.

Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-07-2017 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: off topic and attacking

Old 03-07-2017, 04:53 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,139,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Me neither. I wouldn't feel comfortable at all having sex with my parents in the same house. So, even if there was a rule about me not having sex while I live in their house, I'd gladly follow it, lol.
Heck, hubby and I used to visit his parents for one to two weeks almost every year for Christmas and as a married couple we still did not feel comfortable having sex when they were home, as the walls were so thin. We either abstained the entire vacation or waited until they were both out of house (that rarely happened).

And, several of my girl friends have shared the same thing (that they refrained from sex with their husband when visiting either set of parents).

Old 03-07-2017, 05:13 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,404,501 times
Quote:
Why would they even know?
Lock the door and bite a pillow if you have to.

I once had to stay out in Denver for like a month while dealing with a family emergency years ago and my boyfriend and I shared and room and everything. We had no idea how long we'd be there.

What are you supposed to do in that situation? Abstain for a whole month?
I rather shove my own foot up my ass.
Lol, you really think they wouldn't know, or at least heavily suspect?

I'd either wait till the parents were out of the house, or just probably abstain. For me, it's hard to have sex when I know there are others in the house (or any sort of area) in general.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:37 PM

Quote:

I'd either wait till the parents were out of the house, or just probably abstain. For me, it's hard to have sex when I know there are others in the house (or any sort of area) in general.
I'd just move out and stop depending on mommy and daddy for support.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:34 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,568,287 times
Quote:
Why would they even know?
Lock the door and bite a pillow if you have to.

I once had to stay out in Denver for like a month while dealing with a family emergency years ago and my boyfriend and I shared and room and everything. We had no idea how long we'd be there.

What are you supposed to do in that situation? Abstain for a whole month?
I rather shove my own foot up my ass.
hotel ?

Old 03-07-2017, 09:19 PM

884 posts, read 1,171,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Heck, hubby and I used to visit his parents for one to two weeks almost every year for Christmas and as a married couple we still did not feel comfortable having sex when they were home, as the walls were so thin. We either abstained the entire vacation or waited until they were both out of house (that rarely happened).

And, several of my girl friends have shared the same thing (that they refrained from sex with their husband when visiting either set of parents).
That's why we stay in a hotel or if we're back in our hometown visiting family and friends. Totally get it.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:05 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,970,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereitwent View Post
Actually, it does. Your stuff is on the porch, and you have 30 days to vacate the premises.

It's so simple.
Why don't you reread what I said...

If you tell a person to move out and pay for their own stuff if they'd like to make the rules...and then they go on and move out and find elsewhere to do the activities they're not allowed to do at home....don't whine when they do.

The OP was whining about how the daughter started spending the night at her boyfriends.
Like what did she expect? She said no under her roof.
Her daughter found another roof to do it under.
So why was mom still crying like a little whiney baby?

Old 03-09-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind spot View Post
That's why we stay in a hotel or if we're back in our hometown visiting family and friends. Totally get it.
Well my brothers girlfriend had commited suicide and he wasn't sleeping in his room anyways because he'd wake up and think she was still there and roll over and she'd be gone.
With how long we stayed at not like we could just sit there and throw out money everyday for a hotel. It wasn't a two day weekend trip.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:

My boyfriend and I stay at his parents when we visit and we don't abstain.
We have our own room and it's not like we sneak off in the middle of the day. First thing in he morning or before bed so people think you've just gone to bed or haven't gotten up yet.

It's not hard to be quiet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting