Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2018, 11:08 AM

6,985 posts, read 7,051,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
In some cases the men change as time goes on.

That is true. But some women change too as time goes on. It's not a gender issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
True. Also, unless you've lived together for years and years prior to marriage, people can "put on an act" for quite some time prior to tying the knot.
That is true too. But again, it is something done by both genders. (since you said "people", it sounds like you agree with me that it's both genders who do that).

Old 01-29-2018, 12:04 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,729,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I didn’t read this thread. I didnt want to touch it

I am a full time SAHM by need, not choice. But I was when my kid were very little. I loved my choice to be a SAHM and my freedom to do so. But it wasn’t always easy.

Tonight I was looking at social media videos and a Mom one came up about going to the bathroom. Mom is on the toilet. Kids come in and ask for mundane things, or just to say hi or check on her.

Tell me one job on earth that is 24/7 where you can’t even poop, sleep, pee, eat, etc without your”employer” coming in and chatting with you, face to face, while you are pooping (or other bodily needs). And ask for things that require you to put off your bodily functions. And you do it because the outcome is worse if you don’t.

Would you complain? Go to HR? Quit? Call a lawyer?

Well none of those are options as aSAHM

Done
This happens to all mothers, not just those who stay at home. Though I will say that even though I stayed home with my children, I rarely had a child in the bathroom with me. I waited until they were occupied and would be fast about it!

Old 01-29-2018, 12:50 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,867,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post

That is true too. But again, it is something done by both genders. (since you said "people", it sounds like you agree with me that it's both genders who do that).
Absolutely. It goes for anyone.

Old 01-29-2018, 03:19 PM

3,570 posts, read 3,759,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
This happens to all mothers, not just those who stay at home. Though I will say that even though I stayed home with my children, I rarely had a child in the bathroom with me. I waited until they were occupied and would be fast about it!
My 12 year old still comes in on me... but I am not allowed to walk in, even if she's only combing her hair.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:19 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
My 12 year old still comes in on me... but I am not allowed to walk in, even if she's only combing her hair.
lock the door and teach her some manners?

Old 01-29-2018, 05:22 PM

3,570 posts, read 3,759,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
lock the door and teach her some manners?
We only have one bathroom. Worst part is the cat scratches and cries if I don't let him in too.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:27 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
We only have one bathroom. Worst part is the cat scratches and cries if I don't let him in too.
My cats stick their paws under the door when I close it.

Still, you should be able to pee in peace. A lot of families only have 1 bathroom. Lock the door when you need privacy, leave it cracked when you're doing you hair or whatever. The kids should be taught to respect your privacy, especially if they expect you to respect theirs.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:42 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
That is true. But some women change too as time goes on. It's not a gender issue.
You are the one who was talking about men specifically.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:53 PM

99 posts, read 82,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
SAHM or working mom-both need to vent sometimes. I hated being a SAHM. I felt like a doormat, got sick of people asking me to do this or that because I didn't work, hated mom groups with a passion, not making my own money, etc.

Some SAHM's really are superwoman they cook (Real food not frozen), keep the house clean, take the kids here and there but a lot arent so good.

I make an awful SAHM. I'm much better juggling work and home IMO.
I was like you; I was stepped on and demeaned so much, I said screw it. I was a wife, not mom, but we were trying and we had moved to a new state for his career which was a great move for him, but nearly suicidal for me (we are no longer married, btw).

But there are those expectations you mentioned; it's like, excuse me, I have to do for me and mine, not for your noisy, bad kids. And the mom groups!! Gaahhh!! I was a nanny long ago and that mom paid me to go to those groups for her. Half the group were nannies of these rich moms, who were all thrilled to escape to work. So now, I can't see not working and managing my money, not having adult conversations and me time. I don't know how you did it for any time at all.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:56 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,219,292 times
Hmmm, haven’t read the whole thread but one could just as easily ask “why do working moms complain so much?” Silly thread. Being a mom is hard work whether you work out of the home or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting