Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you flee if you were unencumbered?
Yes, get me the hell out of this hell hole 41 58.57%
No, I relish mediocrity 29 41.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 01:01 PM

104 posts, read 130,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Wow.

You are aware that people in Pennsylvania get skin cancer as well?
Exactly, my ex husband is one of them and has never lived anywhere except PA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
Global warming has apparently improved the winter weather, so that we don't suffer the miserable winters of decades past. That said this state has nothing going for it and I would move in a heartbeat if it weren't for Family obligations.
I'd say that sure has changed since your original posting,LOL. Climate change is making for warmer summers, but also worse storms and more of them. And if I never hear he words Polar Vortex again, I'll be perfectly happy

Old 03-20-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Family - relatives - do not enter into where I live either. If the OP does not like PA, he should move.

When I here this "family obligations" it sounds like an excuse. Don't stay some place that you hate and put it down. Leave and visit you relatives on holidays.
It seems to be a pretty common thing in PA, at least in Philly, that many natives move close to or live with their families. I think I'm one of two people in my entire family who has ever moved out of the hometown neighborhood to another state. I've noticed it with a lot of people, where they either live on the same block ir a few blocks away from their family. That's fine, if that makes you happy. For me, where my family is doesn't really enter into where I chose to live. Just the fact that I'm in another neighborhood, makes me different than most of my family and no matter where I live, I can always come home to visit.

Old 03-20-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenWood View Post
Actually, since you saw fit to support the claim that PA is filled to the brim with hate groups, it makes complete sense to rebut that oft-told misnomer with comprehensive statistics from a non-biased third party.
Hate Groups Drop Nationally, Rise in Pennsylvania | NBC 10 Philadelphia

Old 03-20-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancat100 View Post
Many self-described "real Pennsylvanians" out in the hills would dispute this.
and a lot of people from Philadelphia, feel separate from the rest of the state

Old 03-20-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
Yea, but I am referring to the typical "lets give Philly to New Jersey" crap you sometimes hear from the middle of PA. Not to say everyone feels that way.
That's something I've never heard, and we (in Philly) wouldn't want to be part of NJ either

Old 03-20-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Are those the Boston Pennsylvanians?...
Seriously! Have never heard anyone in PA pronounce it that way.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:21 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
What's funny is, Pennsylvania still has fewer hate groups than New Jersey.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:29 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,430,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
What's funny is, Pennsylvania still has fewer hate groups than New Jersey.
Ok I'm going to require proof of this...since there's way fewer people in NJ than PA and having lived in NJ most of my life never ran across one;

Old 03-20-2014, 03:34 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,823,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxercrew4 View Post
It seems to be a pretty common thing in PA, at least in Philly, that many natives move close to or live with their families. I think I'm one of two people in my entire family who has ever moved out of the hometown neighborhood to another state. I've noticed it with a lot of people, where they either live on the same block ir a few blocks away from their family. That's fine, if that makes you happy. For me, where my family is doesn't really enter into where I chose to live. Just the fact that I'm in another neighborhood, makes me different than most of my family and no matter where I live, I can always come home to visit.
it is a huge relief to have family nearby when youre raising children but its not just about family, the reality is a lot of pennsylvanians are content. in the philadelphia area people are happy being near the beach , the poconos , and a short hop from other cities. flights are plentiful , train service is better than most place, and its fairly pleasant ...state stores notwithstanding

Last edited by pman; 03-20-2014 at 04:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania