Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2008, 07:59 AM

44 posts, read 127,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by liketoblog View Post
I am curious if people from this area would find the above post to be negative or a positive statement when one talks about knowing someone about their dialect and their "behavior"....The behavior comment really was entertaining.....There's a big difference in knowing and assuming that one knows where someone is from. I think most would wonder why one would try to figure this out...Why does it matter where someone is from? How does knowing affect you ? I know I have children and I bring them up that everyone in this world is the same...That no one is any better than another...So trying to depict where someone is from just seems silly and a waste of time. I know me personally my focus is my family and how maybe these stores can make it easier on our everyday lives. I am not sitting here trying to figure out who is from here from who isn't. I spend my time more wisely like taking my kids to see the Seal's football game or supporting town events.
But everyone in the world is not the same and that is the point I am trying to make. What a boring place it would be if we were! You are being niave if you believe there is not a social class ladder. And again while you may not agree it exists, it does - it is called cultural diversity. And if surrounds each and every one of us every day regardless of whether you gave it permission to or not, you believe in or not, or you agree with it or not. It is there....look at the hitching posts in the parking lot of the Walmart in E-ville? Do you really think they put hitching posts in ALL parking lots???? (Target has some too but they are commonly mistaken as "bike racks", but I asked and they were put there to act as hitching posts!). That is cultural diversity. It is unfortunate that several have twisted my posts to something negative when it is merely fact - doesn't matter which part of the country you travel to - it exists everywhere, but you have to go out of your comfort zone to experience it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 08:10 AM

I can't see a Hard Rock Cafe coming into the area although it would be awesome. I'd love to see a quality sports oriented establishment come into MM. I love Damon's over in Lewisburg for sports viewing but don't get over there often. Would love something a little closer to home. [/quote]

Hard Rock Cafes are built and supported by celeb's. I doubt they would find a client base here to financially support them - other than SU or BU kiddos (who I might add, are imports . I would welcome a Hard Rock - I have been in about 10 of them nationwide (I used to travel quite frequently) altho they do have a tendency to be noisy and draw a different type of crowd. Also, I am certain the Monroe township has pretty much exhausted their liquor licenses so that is going to hinder anyone who serves alcohol from coming in/even thinking about building here, i.e., Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc. Not sure if the steakhouse coming is serves booze or not....

I have heard thru my grapevine that Old Navy is already slated to open in MM. Dicks in a few weeks -Famous Footwear, Michaels , Dress Barn/ Ross' and Petsmart in the Spring. Staples soon....in time for tax season I bet! Giant is not giving out gas reward points right now either - thankfully I used my over 800 points last week and got .80 a gallon off!

Old 10-22-2008, 09:33 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M AND M MORE THAN WELCOME View Post
I have heard thru my grapevine that Old Navy is already slated to open in MM. Dicks in a few weeks -Famous Footwear, Michaels , Dress Barn/ Ross' and Petsmart in the Spring. Staples soon....in time for tax season I bet!
Yes, this has been reported numerous times in the thread (except Old Navy which so far is only a rumor).

Monroe Redevelopement || Schedule

Old 10-22-2008, 10:07 AM

59 posts, read 154,396 times
wow is all I can say to that post..There are always going to be people who twist words and I think most would agree what I was saying about everyone being the same and not one person is better than another ....Sadly, there are people who think they're better because of social class, color and other factors and that's the sad reality but it's exactly those people who think that ...most know it's ignorant to think one is better based on social class or ethnic background or any other reasons. I find it sad that a thread about the Market place has taken such direction...

I agree everyone is different in regards to personality...that's what makes us all unique and special in our own right...The "social ladder" your talking about is something you have manivested in your own mind to make it ok to think your better than someone else.

There is no social class, racial class or any other classification that is exempt of people making wrong decisions these people do not make the norm but rather the minority.

Culural diveristy is what makes the USA so wonderful...it's not the reason for walmart needing hitching posts..that's the most ignorant statement I've seen in a while.

Calling people "imports" is just another negative label and we wonder why our school age children use labels to bully other children.

I am happy that I bring my children up not to believe they are better than anyone else.....There is a big difference in teaching your children to know and understand equality and also explaining that their is racism and hate in the world. Unfortunately both need to be taught.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:10 AM

The Hard Rock comment I know we all mentioned in fun I don't think any of us really believed it would come.

What kind of crowd is different..I'm curious?

Old 10-22-2008, 10:32 AM

nevermind I would prefer you not to answer that question..I think we pretty much know the answer...I would rather talk about the Marketplace and what great stores are going there....

Don't forget to use ur Giant coupons....this week is free peanut butter, coffee and 5.00 coupon...I wish we would get a super walmart although Lewisburgs isn't that far away so not a big deal if we do not.

Has anyone been to Bed Bath and Beyond yet?

Dicks is ok but I think they are kind of overpriced on a lot of sports stuff so becareful.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:34 AM

I too have heard a lot of rumors about Old Navy...but I've heard those the past 2 years so who knows ...but I hope it does come either to the Marketplace or in Lewisburg...they have some great bargins.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:42 AM

I never mentioned race. Not once. But if there is no social class, then what the heck is upper middle class? And lower middle class? I know where I stand - and worked damn hard to get there - class wise - as most people do. Those who do not recognize their class are probably somewhere they don't want to be.

And why do we have "imported" beer and "domestic" beer yet we pay 3 times are much for the "import" beer (priced a case of Guiness lately??)

We have these things because they have distinguishable differences.

MM is here because the middle and upper middle class wanted more variety and selection with quality to boot - it gives us options! I will happily admit it - if I had the money I would be buying all my clothes at Kleinbauers! At this point, if I walked into Kleinbauers, they would know, automatically, just from my behavior, my dialect, in fact, the perfume I wear, that my "class" will not support their prices. And I am ok with that.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:48 AM

You are comparing people to beer? that's funny
The economic class our governmment uses is for stasticis and many other reasons..it doesn't define who we are...
and the ones who are humble do not shout what class they are....
The ones who shout it normally are the one who have the least it may not be money they are missing
but typically it something...or why the need to shout it ?
Humility is a wonderful thing.

Like I said I have said my peace....I think it's clear what your saying..You're a pretty easy read.

Ignorance is bliss.

I think that all has been said on this topic.

Let's try to keep the thread on focus and it's the Marketplace

Last edited by liketoblog; 10-22-2008 at 11:00 AM..

Old 10-22-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liketoblog View Post
nevermind I would prefer you not to answer that question..I think we pretty much know the answer...I would rather talk about the Marketplace and what great stores are going there....

Don't forget to use ur Giant coupons....this week is free peanut butter, coffee and 5.00 coupon...I wish we would get a super walmart although Lewisburgs isn't that far away so not a big deal if we do not.

Has anyone been to Bed Bath and Beyond yet?

Dicks is ok but I think they are kind of overpriced on a lot of sports stuff so becareful.
And I am ok with that too. As with everything in this great country to each his own. Agree to disagree, bla bla bla.

But I did redeem my coupons and donated both to a local food bank because I do not drink coffee and only use organic pnut butter and JIF does not have organic! But I used my $5.00 off $40.00 buying cat food! I love Giant...no doubt about that!

Not in BB and Beyond....plan on going this weekend if it rains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania