Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 08:28 AM

44 posts, read 127,753 times

Advertisements

1 more thing...one of the main reasons that Starbucks is also building a store (along with having one in Target) is because they did receive emails from people all around the area asking they consider building - so it does work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 09:47 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,820 times
I had emailed Target quite a few times before they announced they were building in the area. I'd always get an email back stating they had no plans of coming ot the area but appreciated the messages. I guess the email thing does help though as they are in the area now I wonder if many others had contacted them too or they just finally realized our region is growing and not a bad idea to place a store here. I haven't emailed Red Lobster but will probably start doing it now.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:42 PM

11 posts, read 42,730 times
Just for anyone who hasn't heard yet, Best Buy opens tomorrow evening (October 2nd) and will offer the first 100 customers Best Buy gift cards.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:03 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,694,300 times
I've never been to a Logan's, so hopefully it's good.

My pastor shops at Giant and she said the shelves at the old store are almost bare now. Where there used to be ten of an item, now there are two. She said they're trying to keep the customers happy but I imagine the transition must be tough. Another friend works for Middleswarth and they were to begin stocking the new Giant today. Watch for great sales and specials on groceries - and Weis will most likely lower prices and offer specials to compete too!

The money from RR goes to Hummels Wharf FD because they cover Monroe Township, which is where MM and RR are. Shamokin Dam FD just goes to things that they're not dispatched to, which is a source of annoyance to many volunteer FDs in the area. But HWFD also gets tax money that other FDs don't, so it would be nice if they would "share the wealth".

Old 10-01-2008, 03:04 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,820 times
I really wanted to go to Best Buy tomorrow at 6 p.m. but the Phillies second playoff game starts at that time. Not sure I can miss the important game! I'd imagine the crowd may be huge so maybe good to hold off anyways. Wouldn't mind one of those free gift cards though I'll probably hit the store Friday as there are a couple cds I wouldn't mind picking up and can't wait to check out the store.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:09 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
So in other words if I get enough people from the NEPA sub-forum to petition for a Hard Rock Cafe in Downtown Scranton it just might become a reality?! WOW!

Old 10-02-2008, 07:03 AM

Well, I look at this way.....with over 10K posts....you must have the time - so I say GO FOR IT!

Old 10-02-2008, 07:23 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,694,300 times
We went to Red Robin for supper last night and took our kids. It was great! The kids loved it and are anxious to return. Dinner for the five of us (two kids' menus) was $46.46. Not great but not super expensive either. The three adults got bacon cheeseburgers.

RR also has a neat feature - a digital display above the front door showing how long the wait is for a table. You can see it from the northbound lanes of the highway! It said "00" when we went, but because there are five of us we had to wait about ten minutes for a larger table to become available. They gave us menus to look at while waiting, and there are games and activities right inside the door.

I misspoke yesterday, too. My husband says Shamokin Dam FD also gets tax money. I had said they didn't.

RJ - you could go to Best Buy anyway. I'll bet they have the Phillies playoff game on their TVs in the store. RR had the game on last night.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:57 AM

Default I was in rr last evening too!

I was there too and the time clock had 00 when we went in - we may have been there at the same time! Our bill (2 adults, 2 kids, but they are not child menu kids - 15 years old) was $58. With tip it ended up being $66 - so we won't be going there with kids alot!

The food was ok - it really was not the best veggie burger I have ever had and in fact, I did care at all for their "relish spread" that they put on the burgers, nor the pickles. We will go back, but it will not be my priority.

Heard yesterday that Lone Star Steakhouse has bought the Ruby Tuesday building and are coming in....

Old 10-03-2008, 02:30 PM

393 posts, read 1,530,796 times
Quote:
in these tough economic times I think people in this area.....
How long have you lived in the area? Anyway, thanks for making my point.

There are too many stores. This area is not affluent enough to support them all, especially the higher priced ones. I've already talked to several people who will not be going back to Red Robin. Personally, I like it and can easily afford it, but many can't. This area has replaced too many good paying jobs with part-time low wage service jobs.

I heard yesterday that Value City is closing. Who will get their former shoppers? It won't be Target and Kohls. It will be Wal-Mart.

I wish and hope this area could support all the retailers but the realist in me says "No way."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania