Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 10:41 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,694,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjc View Post
Anybody know any information on this, I'd like to apply for a job within the Monroe Marketplace. Also when is Target and some of the other stores going to be opened, I hear the Marketplace is officially opening in October? Oh and please keep this site update with store hirings and whatnot.
Target is hiring tomorrow (17th) through Saturday at CareerLink in Selinsgrove. I'm not sure what days they'll be at the Country Hearth Inn.

I think the majority of the stores will open in October, including Target. I've also seen ads for hiring in the paper for Kohl's and Dick's. I think they've referred people to their web site.

I called CareerLink looking for something for my son (who's only 15) and they had good information on the Monroe Marketplace. Give them a call sometime at 374-5751.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 07:24 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,820 times
The Daily Item had an article a few weeks ago that said the Marketplace will open October 8 (Target grand opening October 12th). Not sure if those dates will hold but it was on the front page. October 8 is only about 11 weeks away....woohoo!

Old 07-17-2008, 04:56 PM

There's a Target article in today's Daily Item. I think they said October 21 for the opening here (but I could be having a dylexic moment and it may be October 12).

Old 07-19-2008, 09:43 AM

I had to look again as I get my numbers mixed up all the time The article has October 12.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:17 AM

56 posts, read 182,934 times
Hi I haven't added to this blog in a while, thought you guys might be interested in this article regarding MMP...

News | newsitem.com - The News-Item | Makings of a ‘Marketplace’ (http://www.newsitem.com/articles/2008/07/20/news/sh_newsitem.20080720.a.pg1.sh00monroe_s1.1822198_t op2.txt - broken link)

Old 07-21-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesWeCan View Post
Hi I haven't added to this blog in a while, thought you guys might be interested in this article regarding MMP...

News | newsitem.com - The News-Item | Makings of a ‘Marketplace’ (http://www.newsitem.com/articles/2008/07/20/news/sh_newsitem.20080720.a.pg1.sh00monroe_s1.1822198_t op2.txt - broken link)
Thanks for the article! I was bummed when I heard about the thruway although it's not surprising. We could really use it though. I'm glad to hear about the stoplights being ran by a computer on the strip now to help the flow of traffic. I'll take a little more traffic for these stores My excitement continues to grow!

Was it ever confirmed if they are building a back entrance to MM?

Old 07-21-2008, 06:24 PM

I don't think a back entrance was ever confirmed, but I sure hope they have one. I'll bet the people who live along that road are hoping not, though.

I saw in the paper that the recent Target hirings were for management and supervisory positions. The "grunt work" will be hired in August - I think the 6th through the 8th, but don't quote me on that.

The thruway thing is upsetting, but not surprising. We have friends who were bought out from their beautiful home and had to build another, and now it turns out they could have probably stayed indefinitely. I feel bad that they had to go through all that stress for no reason now.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:33 AM

11 posts, read 42,730 times
Hello. I was traveling on the road that runs behind the marketplace the other night, and while there is no paved section, there is a loooooong stretch of road with white curbs on either side that runs from the road behind the marketplace down along the side of one of the buildings. So...I don't think there will be an entrance like out front with one road being accessible to all stores, but there is a 95% chance of the back road going to the front lot of Target. So...there should at least be SOME way of getting out of there besides the two front entrances.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:07 PM

56 posts, read 182,934 times
I have been traveling as well to the back road of MMP and there definitely appears to be two entrance ways from the back. Oh yeah I now have heard rumor that October 7 is the open date for Giant. There also appears to be some buzz going around that Ollie's wants to expand and is eying what is now the current Giant. I heard this from a very reliable source however, I find it hard to believe that they would need a place that big. i hope it doesn't just become an empty shell like all of the Ames and old Kmart stores you see.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:04 PM

Good to hear that there looks to be a back entrance. I do feel bad for the folks who live by the back area but it will help alleviate some traffic out front. I gotta finally remember to drive out back there and check it out. I enjoy Giant and will go there more at the MM.

I've been curious what will happen to the current Giant store and interesting to hear about Ollies. I hate to admit it but I hardly ever go into Ollies. I think I hate that whole plaza because it's on the end of the strip and hate the turns there for some reason. I wish they had a back entrance of some sort for that plaza too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania