Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 07:07 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,820 times

Advertisements

Think Dawne is correct in that Careerlink will handle some of the hiring. I know Kohl's is looking around for a hotel to do hiring sometime in July. If I hear where they land I'll post the info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 09:14 PM

3 posts, read 24,019 times
Thank you Dawne and RJ for the info, I am going to check with careerlink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
Think Dawne is correct in that Careerlink will handle some of the hiring. I know Kohl's is looking around for a hotel to do hiring sometime in July. If I hear where they land I'll post the info

Old 04-25-2008, 07:02 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,694,300 times
Let us know what you find out, please!

Old 05-01-2008, 02:24 AM

The Daily Item has an air view photo of the construction on the main page of today's paper. Looks like three buildings are up (one looks like it may be a few little stores?). Is the yellow one Best Buy? I know they use yellow in their signs but that's also the one that looks like it may be a couple little stores.

On a good/bad note......I may be leaving my current job that gives me some info on things. Good news, old job may want me back at 2.5 times the pay I'm making now. Keeping my fingers crossed it works out (have an interview on Monday!).

Old 05-01-2008, 04:37 PM

3 posts, read 24,019 times
Good luck with new job RJ.
checked with careerlink, target will be hiring in July, no info about others.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonial_Selinsgrove View Post
Good luck with new job RJ.
checked with careerlink, target will be hiring in July, no info about others.
Thanks CS....I was thinking of applying to Target and a few other of the new stores before this week. I actually had calls from two previous jobs I worked about coming back which was totally unexpected. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment so we'll see how things turn out. I've been unhappy at my current retail type job for a while so wouldn't mind escaping. If the two old job things don't work out I'll be checking out the new stores at MM. I've heard Target treat their employees pretty decent so should be a good place to check out.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:48 AM

I see they added PetSmart to the sign now, so there are now four stores on the sign, and three buildings. Hmmm, maybe Dick's and PetSmart are sharing the third building?

Old 05-04-2008, 06:25 PM

Red Robin is now hiring managers and a few other management positions. The ad was in the Daily Item today.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:49 PM

Saw that the Daily Item listed a few days ago that approx. 1100-1300 new jobs (can't recall exact number but somewhere in there) will be created by the new MM shops. Something like 300 full time jobs and 800 part time jobs I think. This is a welcome thing for our area! They are also building a Target distribution center near Allentown that will bring in 800 new jobs. Think it's slated to open in 2009 sometime. Very good news.

I'll be seeing one of the guys working on Kohl's roof tomorrow I think. He told me last time that his workers weren't coming back but see they are in the area again. Will try to get a scoop on how things are looking out there at MM.

This will be my last four days of working my current job which did allow me to mingle with people working on the site. Only two more months till July when maybe a few of the stores will open? I know they were talking like maybe 2 or 3 might open in late July and the rest in October. I can't wait to have a Target and Best Buy!!!!!

Old 05-15-2008, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
They are also building a Target distribution center near Allentown that will bring in 800 new jobs. Think it's slated to open in 2009 sometime.
Did you mean Allenwood? That's what I had heard, but then there was some concern with the possibility of I-80 being made a toll road. I hope it still goes through!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania