Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2008, 12:54 PM

44 posts, read 127,753 times

Advertisements

I can tell you that one of the "main" anchor stores is opening on 10-8. This is not the grand opening tho, but it is opening to the public - just not highly advertised. I asked in Giant and then told me October 8th, as well, but most likely will also post pone their ribbon cutting ceremony to 10-12. The cars in the lots that you saw Dawne were the worker bees, like me - we are stocking shelves, etc. - as is Kohls and I am guessing Giant also. There should also be an exit at the Giant gas pump road - that is the road where you will be able to go directly across the hiway and connect to the Old Trail, via a dirt road next to Bailey's. I read on a earlier post on this forum that the area next to Kohls was supposed to be for Home Depot but because of decreasing profits, they pulled out. I am sure you will see this "strip mall" increase in size over the next few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 02:29 PM

393 posts, read 1,530,796 times
Today was the first day the traffic lights were turned on and there was already an accident.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:34 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,694,300 times
My whole family drove into the marketplace today and as were coming out our light was green and a tractor-trailer whizzed by on 11/15 - obviously his light was red! It's not like the lights aren't noticeable.

I heard about the accident when my husband got home from work. He's a volunteer firefighter and has a pager for Snyder County. He didn't have details, though, and I haven't had a chance to see if it's in today's paper.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:51 AM

Not a surprise....I am certain the FD and PD will be busy. I did CONFIRM that next to Red Robin, there is a Starbucks being built. They will have a drive thru and they should be up and running soon. Giant is scheduled to open very soon, and the ribbon cutting for MM as a whole is 10-8. Petsmart and Michaels will not be ready quite yet, but they are well on their way.
Again, there are back ways around - you just have to know how to naviagate those "countr roads".

Old 09-24-2008, 01:14 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M AND M MORE THAN WELCOME View Post
Not a surprise....I am certain the FD and PD will be busy. I did CONFIRM that next to Red Robin, there is a Starbucks being built. They will have a drive thru and they should be up and running soon. Giant is scheduled to open very soon, and the ribbon cutting for MM as a whole is 10-8. Petsmart and Michaels will not be ready quite yet, but they are well on their way.
Again, there are back ways around - you just have to know how to naviagate those "countr roads".
This is pretty much what has been reported a few pages back and glad they are on route for it to happen on schedule. Friends have the free Red Robin lunch tomorrow and will have to check back to see how it goes. Hard to believe October is almost here.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
Friends have the free Red Robin lunch tomorrow and will have to check back to see how it goes.
Me too! I'll let you know how it goes. I was checking out their website this morning to get an idea of what to expect. It's well done, with pictures of most of the dishes and drinks, and some humor in the captions. I don't think we'll get to choose from the menu, though, because the invitation says:

"Our team members in training look forward to serving you a specially selected complimetary meal..." which leads me to believe there's no choice, or maybe a very minimal choice. But then they mention that they feature "over 22 gourmet burgers and much, much more" so we'll see.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:04 PM

Oops, posted the same thing twice.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:12 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
Me too! I'll let you know how it goes. I was checking out their website this morning to get an idea of what to expect. It's well done, with pictures of most of the dishes and drinks, and some humor in the captions. I don't think we'll get to choose from the menu, though, because the invitation says:

"Our team members in training look forward to serving you a specially selected complimetary meal..." which leads me to believe there's no choice, or maybe a very minimal choice. But then they mention that they feature "over 22 gourmet burgers and much, much more" so we'll see.
I'm still sad I didn't receive an invite Hope it goes well and should be a fun experience. I think my friend said something in line that the invitation said there would be four or five selections to choose from. Alcoholic and fake alcoholic drinks (they had a different name I can't recall) will be extra but think she stated it would go towards a local organization (fire department comes to mind but I was half asleep when I chatted with her). I may have some things off as I was a zombie this morning

Old 09-26-2008, 11:18 AM

So, how was the Lunch at RR? Yummy???? Unfortunately, I had to quit at the "large anchor store" which I was working part time- BUT (!!) I did get a job with another anchor store - one of the smaller versions of their store, but I think/know I am going to like this better. I was doing grunt work at the larger store and that was not what I expected, nor what I was hired for - they also refuse to accomodate me and several others in scheduling. Additionally, some of their $9.00 per hour supervisory staff they have hired have very condescending attitudes towards $7.50 per hour line staff and I was always under the impression we were all in this thing together. I emphathize with those folks who are forced to remain there (this was a part time supplemental job for me) - perhaps the upper management will wise up after the smoke clears. I believe they are just so focused and stressed on their opening on 10-12, that they are not seeing the big picture. Unfortunately, that may hurt them in the long run as they will continue to lose dependable, reliable, mature, employees such as me.

I am looking forward to the opening of the store I have now been temporarily employed - which is this Sunday. Again, they are not an overwhelming large/huge store, but I find that less intimidating and I am more apt to purchase there because the decisions I have to make are less. Still waiting for Petsmart to start hiring as again, I really want to work there - even 1 day a week will work for me. I am an huge animal advocate (vegetarian also!) and could think of no better job in the whole world than working in and around animals and animal products that make their lives more fun and happy!

Giant scheduled to open 10-8, but I am betting they are opening soon also (what they call a "soft opening" vs their grand opening). I still plan on shopping at the store I quit from - they still have a wide variety of product lines to choose from (and not all of their supervisors are disrespectful - a few are actually pretty cool!).

So, lets get out there and spend some money people! The more money you spend in Shamokin Dam area, the more I may end up reaping the bennies of it as I live there! Again, tho, please do remember your local law enforcement and the fact even tho their work load will double from these businesses going in, their pay rate won't. (no, I am not related to or even one of them....). Try to remain alert when driving the strip and if possible, avoid 11/15 and use back roads.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:45 AM

2 posts, read 5,947 times
I just joined the forum here, being interested in the openings of a few certain stores and such, I'm from Coal Township, but cant wait to get shopping in Michaels' Kohls and a few others, however, I cant seem to find much info on any of the store openings except for here...anyone have input on the what is opening when?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania