Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 09:52 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
Did you see they also mentioned a Logan's Roadhouse as a possible new restaurant in addition to Red Robin? I hope!!
I didn't see that and have never heard of Logan's Roadhouse. I'm off to seach for it What is the general consesus for Red Robin? I've only seen a few commercials, checked out their menus on the net, and heard mostly good things from people who have dined there. I'm happy to have a few new places for eating out. Still holding out for a Red Lobster at some point. I see they are building a Long John Silvers/A&W in Lewisburg soon.

EDIT: Logan's Roadhouse's menu sounds pretty good! Are their prices and portions decent? Is it comparable to an Applebee's or something similar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 06:41 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,692,770 times
I've never personally been to a Logan's Roadhouse, but in talking with people who have been they've said the food is good, portions are large, prices are comparable to Applebee's and similar restaurants. I'm hoping this (if it actually comes about) will help fill the hole left by the demise of our local Ruby Tuesday.

My family was discussing other restaurants that would be a good fit, considering Monroe Marketplace will be near two major universities. My husband voted for Hooters and my son wanted a Shoney's. I'd love to see a Chuck E. Cheese or somewhere that families can take their kids. Ah, it's nice to dream.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:06 PM

786 posts, read 1,593,524 times
Default What happened to Costco?

I originally had heard that Costco was going into the new Monroe Marketplace, anybody know what happened with that?

Old 07-08-2008, 06:58 AM

I hadn't heard about Costco but there had originally been a rumor of a Super Wal-Mart, and then the Wal-Mart that already exists near the mall would have been converted to a Sam's Club. I haven't heard anything more about that, so I assume it's fallen by the wayside.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:57 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Red Robin is great. You'll love it! We have two up here in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:42 PM

I see there are Target signs in front of Career Link and what used to be the Comfort Inn (can't remember the new name) where the Japanese restaurant is. I guess that means they're taking Target applications in those locations.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I see there are Target signs in front of Career Link and what used to be the Comfort Inn (can't remember the new name) where the Japanese restaurant is. I guess that means they're taking Target applications in those locations.
I think it's a Country Hearth hotel which I never heard of until I heard a few months back they were changing. I know the Comfort Inn was being considered with hiring for Target and Kohls but hadn't heard anything in a while. I'm glad these new jobs are coming into the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Red Robin is great. You'll love it! We have two up here in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area.
I can't wait to try it! The online menu looks good and love burgers. It will be a nice new option in the area.

Quote:
I've never personally been to a Logan's Roadhouse, but in talking with people who have been they've said the food is good, portions are large, prices are comparable to Applebee's and similar restaurants. I'm hoping this (if it actually comes about) will help fill the hole left by the demise of our local Ruby Tuesday.

My family was discussing other restaurants that would be a good fit, considering Monroe Marketplace will be near two major universities. My husband voted for Hooters and my son wanted a Shoney's. I'd love to see a Chuck E. Cheese or somewhere that families can take their kids. Ah, it's nice to dream.
I have to be honest in that I wasn't too impressed the two times I've been to a Ruby Tuesdays. It wasn't anything too bad but always went to Applebees over it. I gotta admit that I enjoyed the Hooters when living down by State College. I wouldn't go there often as there were many cool places but did enjoy the times I did go. I wouldn't be upset if one moved in but also would be happy with a Damons. I like watching sports and there's nothing really decent in Selinsgrove/Shamokin Dam in that area. I've always wanted to see a Red Lobster. I wouldn't mind a Country Buffet as I enjoyed the few times I've been to the one in Harrisburg. The Joe's crab shack commericials I see on tv look good as I love seafood. I think it's more of a NJ chain though. Never tried a Sonic but seems like that would be good to have too.

This is out of the blue but what is everybody's favorite picks for Chinese buffets in the area? I really liked the one in Shamokin Dam until about three years ago. I think I got spoiled by the College Buffet in State College which I ate at many times when living down there. That place rocks! I was to the one in Sunbury about two years ago and wasn't impressed. Don't think I've been the one in Lewisburg but heard negative things a couple years ago. Never went the one in Danville either.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:59 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
I enjoyed the Hooters
Really?!!!

Old 07-11-2008, 02:39 PM

2 posts, read 12,578 times
Quote:
Anybody know any information on this, I'd like to apply for a job within the Monroe Marketplace. Also when is Target and some of the other stores going to be opened, I hear the Marketplace is officially opening in October? Oh and please keep this site update with store hirings and whatnot.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Really?!!!
I'd go every once in a while because friends wanted to go. I didn't mind it and the food was good that I had. We'd go there sometimes for PPV events too. Usually went with a mix of friends but it was always interesting when it would be a group of us who were all gay because their whole concept of using hot girls to generate more sales/tips was in trouble (we always would tip well and usually had good service). The South Park episode where they did the parody on Hooters sums up how I feel about the whole place though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania