Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 07:04 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
Did you mean Allenwood? That's what I had heard, but then there was some concern with the possibility of I-80 being made a toll road. I hope it still goes through!
Yep Allenwood I think it's all set as there was a short article about it being built in the Daily Item yesterday. Let's hope so as it will bring some nice high paying jobs into the area which we can always use

Talked to the guy working on Kohl's roof and didn't get much out of him. Seemed unhappy to be back and something wasn't correct with the roof I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 11:57 AM

I drove by yesterday and things are looking like they are going much more fast now. They have the second big sign up out front, the poles up for stoplights, and the front portion of the road paved. They also have a nice fence up on the one side and some of the buildings look like they are making some nice progress. I keep saying I'm going to go on the back roads and look at the site but keep forgetting. Anybody know if a few of the stores are still planning on opening in late July with the rest in October? If they keep up the nice pace I could see some things opening in six or seven weeks which would totally rock!

I'm out of the loop for hiring now that I'm at a new job. Haven't looked at the classifieds in a couple weeks. Anybody have any info on hiring? I know there was an interest by some on the thread.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:45 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,694,300 times
I saw an ad in the paper for Red Robin hiring now for July opening. I called Career Link and they said these stores are taking applications:

Best Buy - July 3
Target - July
Red Robin - August (but obviously that's wrong since they've started advertising)
Bed Bath and Beyond - August

The woman I talked to wasn't sure about Dick's, PetSmart, Kohl's or the others. I guess someone could apply to Giant any time.

Tell me, are we getting a Michael's Crafts? I heard that rumor but haven't heard any more about it. I know there's one by the new Target at the Lycoming Mall, but I'm hoping we get one too. We really need a craft store in this area since the Rag Shop closed.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:03 PM

2 posts, read 12,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
I saw an ad in the paper for Red Robin hiring now for July opening. I called Career Link and they said these stores are taking applications:

Best Buy - July 3
Target - July
Red Robin - August (but obviously that's wrong since they've started advertising)
Bed Bath and Beyond - August

The woman I talked to wasn't sure about Dick's, PetSmart, Kohl's or the others. I guess someone could apply to Giant any time.

Tell me, are we getting a Michael's Crafts? I heard that rumor but haven't heard any more about it. I know there's one by the new Target at the Lycoming Mall, but I'm hoping we get one too. We really need a craft store in this area since the Rag Shop closed.
Is those dates the dates they will start hiring or when they will open and when and where will we be able to apply for jobs with those stores (Monster, Career Builders, etc.)? Also just so you know Dress Barn is coming to the Monroe Marketplace and they have already started hiring through several popular sites. Oh and for those of you wondering about Home Depot. coming, their sales have been down, way down, forcing some under preforming stores to close and so they've pulled out and PREIT (who owns the Monroe Marketplace) announced that due to that now they're only building half of the purposed site but with that they've also just picked up Staples and Famous Footwear.

Last edited by actionjc; 06-20-2008 at 01:22 PM..

Old 06-20-2008, 04:38 PM

Those are the dates the stores will be taking applications, but I don't know if it's onsite at the store itself, or at Career Link in Selinsgrove. So far the entrances to the marketplace has been barricaded and there's a "road closed" sign so no one can drive in to see if there are "now hiring" signs anywhere. If they're smart, they'll put signs and banners out along the road when they're ready to hire.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:27 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
Don't get your hopes up about the accuracy of dates posted on roadside signs though. Here in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area along Highway 315 there is a sign for the very large Pittston Crossings project that STILL says "Coming Spring 2007!" What an embarrassment for the developer! LOL!

Old 06-21-2008, 10:26 AM

I think there was a sign up forever for the Cinema Center at the susquehanna valley mall before it was built. I think it also took close to five-seven years for it to happen from the time they said it was going to happen (if I recall correctly). Driving by again things don't look as close as I thought.....guess I was just hoping too much it would be done soon I'd say the October date mentioned at one time seems most realistic.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:57 AM

Did you see the ad in the paper yesterday for Kohl's now hiring? I think it said to go to their corporate website to apply.

R.J., I had forgotten about the movie theater fiasco, but you're right. The signs that stated when it would open were still there a year or two later and they still weren't open. I've heard that when things take longer than expected, that's referred to as the "x factor". They had a big X factor for those movie theaters.

Monroe Marketplace does seem to be moving along nicely, but I don't know if they'll make their target opening date. Time will tell.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:56 PM

The Daily Item had an article on the front page today that states the Marketplace will open October 8 (Target grand opening October 12th). Figured it might get bumped back to October. I guess three more months isn't too bad. Good things sometimes have a wait

Old 07-03-2008, 06:38 PM

Did you see they also mentioned a Logan's Roadhouse as a possible new restaurant in addition to Red Robin? I hope!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania