Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2008, 05:38 PM

786 posts, read 1,593,852 times

Advertisements

I've been waiting for Best Buy to open so I can get my satellite-ready Prius equipped with Sirius radio. Does anybody have any experiences with the new Best Buy electronics folks? Does anybody know if they sell the TOYSC1 at Best Buy? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 06:09 PM

372 posts, read 1,228,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by judd2401 View Post
I've been waiting for Best Buy to open so I can get my satellite-ready Prius equipped with Sirius radio. Does anybody have any experiences with the new Best Buy electronics folks? Does anybody know if they sell the TOYSC1 at Best Buy? Thanks.
I recently got Sirius radio and the guys from Best Buy (Wilkes-Barre store) installed it. Took about an hour. They were very pleasant, and did the work promptly. They asked me where I wanted the radio installed, and showed me the various spots in the car where I could put it. Ran the antenna wire very cleanly on the windshield (can't even see it!). After the install, the guy showed me how to set up my presets and some of the good channels.

Overall, a very good experience. Hope this helps you.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:50 PM

786 posts, read 1,593,852 times
Smile Best Buy it is

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:29 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,693,746 times
So - Lone Star going in where Ruby Tuesday was and Value City closing? I hadn't heard those rumors yet. Are they in the newpaper? I'm about two weeks behind on my newspaper reading! The Value City in the Lycoming Mall in Muncy became a Burlington outlet, but the latest I heard was that ours would remain a Value City. Hopefully if it does close something else will come along and we won't have yet one more empty building sitting along the strip.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:20 PM

11 posts, read 42,725 times
To the best of my knowledge, the Value City in Shamokin Dam is becoming a Burlington Coat Factory like the one in Lyco. Here is an article on Value City from Wikipedia. I know that Wikipedia isn't always 100% accurate, but this is what it says.

Retail Ventures has been seeking to sell the Value City operation to focus on its more profitable brands. The chain announced its intention in 2007 to close up to twenty-four stores, and to sell the remainder to Burlington Coat Factory. However, the plans have since changed. On January 23, 2008, Retail Ventures announced it was selling an ownership stake in Value City to newly-formed VCHI Acquisition Company.

So it's possible that those already sold to Burlington Coat Factory will be remade as such, and any others will be in the care of a new company who will develop them as they see fit. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:37 PM

56 posts, read 182,921 times
I have gone to RR twice in four days and I do indeed plan to return soon. The buffalo(bison) burger was simply scrumptious.

As for the economy, I remember back in the eighties when I would go to department stores, I would see middle-agers as the employees. In the mid to late nineties I would see teens and young adults working at those venues. Now it is once again (Kohls for example) it is back to middle-agers. That being said, I still think most of these stores will do just fine because of the universities in the area. Not sure about Bed Bath and beyond though.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:49 PM

Default Giant

Has anyone been in the new Giant yet?

Old 10-08-2008, 01:11 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YesWeCan View Post
Has anyone been in the new Giant yet?
Going there later tonight. Will let you know how it goes. From what I've read from their advertising it sounds like the store is huge.

I did check out the Best Buy a few days ago and can't believe how small it is inside. I won't complain just as long as they have the items listed in their weekly circulars and can get most new cd releases.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:52 AM

Default MM Website

Please Vote!!!! I voted for Olive Garden. I thought about Old Navy, but had heard sometime ago that might be already in the works.

http://www.monroe-marketplace.com/

Old 10-09-2008, 08:30 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,693,746 times
I voted for:

Olive Garden, CiCi's Pizza, Five Guys Burgers, Sam's Club, Barnes & Noble
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania