Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2023, 08:32 AM

386 posts, read 265,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Are there any reliable polling sources that show a general lineup?

The names I see the most are Domb, Brown, and Gym and to a lesser extent Rhynhart and Parker. I feel like Derek Green has fallen off a bit.
Unfortunately there’s been no independent polling I’m aware of so people have to go off of finances and vibes to determine who is doing well. I would agree that it seems like Green has fallen off from the pack.

Old 04-12-2023, 10:53 AM

1,697 posts, read 969,207 times
Gym scares the bejesus out of me.

Old 04-12-2023, 11:15 AM

1,385 posts, read 909,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
The whole ''company recently announced plans to move into a new building, consolidate, and add jobs in Center City'' was simply a response to my post, in part, that had the temerity to state " Philly doesn't have Chicago-level corporate presence, yet is at risk of losing some of its existing corporate/business presence.''

So a certain poster had to drop old news disguised as new news to make a some sort of response i guess, setting off somewhat of a ''who is it?" and guessing games about nothing in the end.

It's CHUBB, old news. It would be nice to hear good news as described and not misleading as stated upthread.
Old news from earlier this year? So Philly has been hemorraging corporate jobs since then? LMAO. Your understanding of Philadelphia is pretty pathetic.

Old 04-12-2023, 12:22 PM

1,027 posts, read 445,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
Old news from earlier this year? So Philly has been hemorraging corporate jobs since then? LMAO. Your understanding of Philadelphia is pretty pathetic.
Who stated Philly is hemorrhaging jobs? Not me, that's what you needed to read in ''Philly is at risk of losing businesses'' etc in the context of Chicago's situation and its new mayor, ''Lets Go Brandon'' Johnson in the context of our next new mayor. Either you're basic reading skills are lacking or you reacted based on ''emotion'' and being ''triggered''....kinda like your follow-up response above.

Earlier this year was groundbreaking, late last year was the official announcement, plans to consolidate in new building at 20/Arch Street are pre-Wuhan Virus pandemic from May 2019. The initial drawings are from May 2019 are the same, the red tape, logan square opposition and approvals etc were done, all to land CHUBB. Anyone who has a basic understanding of Philadelphia knew this was for CHUBB the whole ride. The CHUBB announcement wasn't out of the blue, lightning strike news.

Could have just pointed to CHUBB doing this instead of ''my company just announced..'' sparking false hopes of another company doing what everyone already knows CHUBB is doing. Regardless it's another parking lot gone and a new medium sized building going up in CC consolidating and expanding its local job base.

Btw, your company's new office building construction is well underway.

Last edited by MPK21; 04-12-2023 at 12:43 PM..

Old 04-12-2023, 01:02 PM

471 posts, read 272,281 times
I am seeing lots of pro-Gym sentiment on Twitter getting a ton of likes/retweets. i guess most people are perfectly happy with the way things are now. I honestly would've thought her expression of support for Krasner as well as stating that the DA's office should get increased funding wouldn't be well-received. Especially when she couldn't explain why she recently met with the Sixers owner and didn't answer one way or another when asked if Outlaw would be fired. How can people get away with refusing to answer yes/no questions?! SMH I am getting worried.

Old 04-12-2023, 02:32 PM

386 posts, read 265,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesJay64 View Post
I am seeing lots of pro-Gym sentiment on Twitter getting a ton of likes/retweets. i guess most people are perfectly happy with the way things are now. I honestly would've thought her expression of support for Krasner as well as stating that the DA's office should get increased funding wouldn't be well-received. Especially when she couldn't explain why she recently met with the Sixers owner and didn't answer one way or another when asked if Outlaw would be fired. How can people get away with refusing to answer yes/no questions?! SMH I am getting worried.
I understand the concern but Twitter isn’t real life. It’s much more left wing than the general public. If twitter popularity mattered we’d have President Sanders

Old 04-12-2023, 02:57 PM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
^ Related to the above, Derek Green should drop out at this point and endorse Domb or Rhynhart. He lost momentum and his following likely aligns with Domb or Rhynhart.

Who knows, maybe Jeff Brown will win and surprise everyone. But if Helen Gym wins, then wow... maybe I will be a pessimist at that point.

Old 04-12-2023, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
^ Related to the above, Derek Green should drop out at this point and endorse Domb or Rhynhart. He lost momentum and his following likely aligns with Domb or Rhynhart.

Who knows, maybe Jeff Brown will win and surprise everyone. But if Helen Gym wins, then wow... maybe I will be a pessimist at that point.
I won't be leaving the city or anything, but I would go from optimistic about the future to concerned. I even went to her website today hoping to console myself by finding things I agreed with.... man is it vague.

Old 04-12-2023, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphilly View Post
I understand the concern but Twitter isn’t real life. It’s much more left wing than the general public. If twitter popularity mattered we’d have President Sanders
Good point!!

Old 04-12-2023, 03:26 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,447,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Fox posted the debate on youtube.
My personal takeaway on performance:

Jeff Brown got crushed. He really flubbed his response about Chester.

Amen Brown looked weak. His response about his finances didn't make any sense.

Parker had a strong night. I am not personally interested in her candidacy, but I think the confidence she exuded and her readiness to answer questions will help her appeal to some.

Green was kind of forgettable for me.

Domb had nice responses, but I think his relatively soft tone and presence made it such that he stuck out less in the debate.

Gym and Rhynhart were as expected for me. I was glad to see other candidates call out Gym. Even Parker came for her. Rhynhart seemed competent and prepared as I expected.

I wish there were reliable polls to gauge who is a serious contender. I am still leaning toward voting Rhynhart, but at this rate, I won't finalize my decision until day-of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia