Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 02:39 PM

837 posts, read 2,335,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman85 View Post
what would you really recommend then? im 23, can afford maybe upto 900/mo on rent, looking to live with a roommate, want to live downtown, in a high rise with some decent views, and be right on a light rail stop.

i think 44 monroe would be sick, but i donno if that is doable. does anyone know policies these places have? what if i got a 2br + den, would a condo kick us out if we were sleeping 3 in the place? do they come in and check on you, because what if only 2 names were on the lease?

what are peoples opinions on these towers:
century plaza
executive towers
landmark on central
orpheum lofts
44 monroe
summit at copper square

ideally i would live at one of the last 3 as they are actually downtown and not in midtown or uptown as the first 3 are.

i am moving down in june and i would want to live in a 2br.
Than Landmark, is overpriced, small and sorta shabby looking from the outside, century plaza will COST you, most of the owners bought at the height of the market you may find someone leasing for a decent amount,
executive towers is great, you may find something in that range but not high up, lots of gays and elderly folks though, Orpheum lofts were small as the previous poster put it, lot of evictions went on recently, there still may be investers renting, but haven't seen any lately, would get with a realtor first and foremost and check the MLS, craigslist is just like putting your finger to the wind. 44 Monroe (if you find something let ME know, cuz I haven't seen ANYTHING, or anyone leasing. And like I and others have said, the summit was craptastic, and over-priced in my opinion, but you're young and wont' really care about some of things I cared about (possibly)
You left out the Regency! They're nice, and you may find something affordable. They like the E.T. have all the utilities paid, so 12-1500 a month is quite reasonable when you're not paying electricity, gas, water, and even cable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 04:29 PM

20 posts, read 38,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg View Post
Than Landmark, is overpriced, small and sorta shabby looking from the outside, century plaza will COST you, most of the owners bought at the height of the market you may find someone leasing for a decent amount,
executive towers is great, you may find something in that range but not high up, lots of gays and elderly folks though, Orpheum lofts were small as the previous poster put it, lot of evictions went on recently, there still may be investers renting, but haven't seen any lately, would get with a realtor first and foremost and check the MLS, craigslist is just like putting your finger to the wind. 44 Monroe (if you find something let ME know, cuz I haven't seen ANYTHING, or anyone leasing. And like I and others have said, the summit was craptastic, and over-priced in my opinion, but you're young and wont' really care about some of things I cared about (possibly)
You left out the Regency! They're nice, and you may find something affordable. They like the E.T. have all the utilities paid, so 12-1500 a month is quite reasonable when you're not paying electricity, gas, water, and even cable
THANK YOU trudawg and ipsedixit! i am gonna get in touch with a realtor. i am hoping because i am looking into it 6 mos in advance some good options will come up. i also appreciate letting me know about regency.

looks like orpheum, regency, and exec towers are all decent options. im form WI and i am coming down march 13 - 18 to check out phoenix and what the different places are like.

good stuff!

also, if anyone else has opinions on high rises downtown, or can shed any light on policies and if it would work to sleep 3 in a 2br + den def let me know!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:39 PM

173 posts, read 465,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Yes, it is a home downtown, in the Roosevelt neighborhood. No acreage, just a historic home. Oh, good news for a persepective buyer, the house is now selling for $945,000 instead of $1,000,999. The 2005 price was 1.1 million, I was thinking and looking at the house on the other block when I stated it was 1.2 million in 2005. Here is the link and a photo of the house:
LuxuryRealEstate - Phoenix, AZ United States - Kenilworth Blks 1-6 - Residential (http://www.luxuryrealestate.com/857033 - broken link)
I remember that house - it's been on the market for 2 years now. Surprised it hasn't sold yet; it's a beautiful house!

Old 12-05-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg View Post
. 44 Monroe (if you find something let ME know, cuz I haven't seen ANYTHING, or anyone leasing.
There sure have a lot of pricey units for sale, but none for lease. Looks like a really nice place, though!

I had been looking in the Willo historic district, but what's in my price range needs LOTS of work.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:47 PM

1,170 posts, read 3,436,878 times
Quote:

also, if anyone else has opinions on high rises downtown, or can shed any light on policies and if it would work to sleep 3 in a 2br + den def let me know!
Rainman, you are starting to act like a real rainman now....bro, don't worry about the policies, etc....they're not gonna kick you out, etc. just don't tell the world or your neighbors about it, just do it. have whoever you want sign the lease then have whoever you need to have moved in, moved in. they're not gonna kick you out...i belive each city has their own ordinances, like for "2bed 2bath", max occupancy is 6 people, etc...but some condo associations do have their own max but in the end, who cares....have 2 peeps sign the lease and 2month later, just tell the landlord that you need extra key because your sister is visiting you and staying with you for a month or something like that, capeche? don't sweat it broski, just do it and you'll be fine...

Old 12-06-2008, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1225 View Post
Rainman, you are starting to act like a real rainman now....bro, don't worry about the policies, etc....they're not gonna kick you out, etc. don't sweat it broski, just do it and you'll be fine...
hahha...word. trudawg and dc1225 do you guys live downtown/where? either of you looking to live in downtown high rise?

hahaha... lets convince someone to rent a penthouse at 44 monroe for a grand a month.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:26 AM

1,170 posts, read 3,436,878 times
Quote:
hahha...word. trudawg and dc1225 do you guys live downtown/where? either of you looking to live in downtown high rise?

hahaha... lets convince someone to rent a penthouse at 44 monroe for a grand a month.
im in chi babe...but I probably would if I was in phx, we'd have some great ASU **** poundin all nighters, I can guarandamtee you that sooooon!

but dude, $1000/mo. rent in phx is alotta rent, no? what do you do? why aren't you going to another bigger better city?

Old 12-06-2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1225 View Post
im in chi babe...but I probably would if I was in phx, we'd have some great ASU **** poundin all nighters, I can guarandamtee you that sooooon!

but dude, $1000/mo. rent in phx is alotta rent, no? what do you do? why aren't you going to another bigger better city?
bro, i'd love to go to chi. i grew up outside the city and i got a bunch of friends in lincoln park and wriglyville. i ****in love that city. my girl is gonna be moving there to work at pwc, but i got the job in phx and i gotta go where the works at.

i was foolin saying like a grand for a 2br in 44 monroe. basically i dont know if people will be renting at all in 44 monroe, but that would def be my #1 place if i could make it happen.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
i was foolin saying like a grand for a 2br in 44 monroe. basically i dont know if people will be renting at all in 44 monroe, but that would def be my #1 place if i could make it happen.
I doubt anytime soon. That's a new construction and the building is not even 50% sold (they start at almost half a million for a 2 bdrm). IIRC, something in the HOA that says you cannot rent your unit out until xx amount of time. And if and when they do, I'm sure they will be well over $2K/month for rentals.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:00 PM

94 posts, read 395,027 times
Now that I've been living here for over 6 months (how time flies!), I've decided that I'm going to be moving when my lease is up in April. I actually really like where I live (S. Scottsdale along the greenbelt), but I want to be closer to downtown.

Last year I only had a week to look around for an apartment, with no feel for the city or sense of what my life would be like here. Now I have the luxury of time and a better understanding of the city's own particular vibe--which took some getting used to. I think I would very much enjoy living in the Coronado district, Garfield (not too far east), or the area just west of Central downtown. I'm also looking at the Encanto area and a couple of other spots farther north, particularly those within walking distance of the light rail. There seem to be some excellent deals available these days if one has the time and patience to look around; I've seen some adorable cottages and duplexes for rent at extremely reasonable rates (around $850 or even less). I just hope they're still around when it comes time for me to move.

I do love jogging along the greenbelt here in Scottsdale, with the duck ponds and views of the mountains. It's a beautiful start to the day. So I'm hoping to find a place near a park, and preferably with some sort of pool access or community center nearby. Any suggestions welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area