Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 11:07 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,142,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
They are either too lazy, too cracked out, or just don't care. It has nothing to do with human rights.
You left out 'mentally ill'. Which a very large percentage of homeless suffer from. Do we simply just fine/arrest them for peeing in a CVS parking which will do nothing to help them long term or do we try and get them the actual help they need?

Old 12-17-2019, 11:13 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,732,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
You left out 'mentally ill'. Which a very large percentage of homeless suffer from. Do we simply just fine/arrest them for peeing in a CVS parking which will do nothing to help them long term or do we try and get them the actual help they need?

Who is doing it correctly right now, it would be interesting to see a scaled up version of success (serious question, not my usual snarky self).

Old 12-17-2019, 11:21 AM

4,073 posts, read 5,158,194 times
Well...here you go...we have long been saying AZ is getting less and less affordable.

https://ktar.com/story/2884729/phoen...yACbmsH72X3S8c

I like the part where the tenant tried to withhold her rent payment and got evicted.

Old 12-17-2019, 11:25 AM

154 posts, read 74,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
If you think it's bad here, take a look at this stunning visual story in today's NY Times after reporters spent 3 months visiting homeless camps in the Oakland, CA area. The story is much the same in other cities. The reporters then compared what they saw in CA with shanty towns in Mexico City.

Sobering stuff.

I know how bad the homeless problem is in California cities but I hope Phoenix doesn't become like that.

Old 12-17-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
Defecating and upchucking in public is horrible. I've lived here for 25 years and the only times I've witnessed it are by drunk college kids out on Mill Ave. Where are you living where the homeless are constantly vomiting and crapping? They might need to check the water.

And your comment that you only compare them with trash if they behave like trash is false...you clearly lumped all homeless into this with your first post.

We live in the north part of Phoenix and the homeless problem isn't as bad around here but it is in the downtown area, Tempe, and old Scottsdale.
I didn't lump all homeless people in the trash category but the ones who defecate in public are behaving trashy. What would you call it?

Old 12-17-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
This is such an ignorant comment. Of course bodily functions are not optional, but where you decide to do them is an option. Of course a homeless person needs to pee and poop, but do they need to do it in the middle of the sidewalk? I was in line at CVS last week waiting to get a prescription. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a lady just straight up peeing in the parking lot. Kids walking by. Is that ok with you? They are either too lazy, too cracked out, or just don't care. It has nothing to do with human rights.

Spot on.
Liberals call us deplorable but they defend deplorable acts like defecating in public. Oh the irony.

Old 12-17-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Downtown Phoenix. They poop in my parking lot. The reality falls between the overexaggerated claims of the OP and your blind eye.

Overexaggerated?
You said homeless people poop in your parking lot and that proves my comments about seeing them defecate in public are truthful.

Old 12-17-2019, 11:38 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,020,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mags61 View Post
Defecating and upchucking in public isn't disgusting and dehumanizing?
I only compare them with trash if they behave like trash.
THEY HAVE NO WHERE TO GO and yes I am yelling .
How some people view the homeless is just shocking to me . I am not even going to answer this person , it just really angers me seeing others who have more or who were luckier or had a better support system just trash people who are by all accounts having a very hard time in life .

Old 12-17-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
THEY HAVE NO WHERE TO GO and yes I am yelling .
How some people view the homeless is just shocking to me . I am not even going to answer this person , it just really angers me seeing others who have more or who were luckier or had a better support system just trash people who are by all accounts having a very hard time in life .

They can use public restrooms, and there are a lot of them where they usually like to congregate.
Please, enough with the class envy stuff. I realize some homeless people had hard knocks in life but many other people did too.
That's why I want to see them in shelters where they can get the beds, toilets, food, water, and help they need. We need to consider the health and safety hazards of them being out on the streets.

Old 12-17-2019, 11:53 AM

4,073 posts, read 5,158,194 times
Honestly, this goes back to another post from this Summer...with these malls dying off it would be interesting to see if the properties could be sold to a non-profit, retrofitted for clinics, housing, etc. and set them up as shelters.

Just a thought one of my son's friends came up with. Probably not plausible considering the expenses that would go along with something like that since the State is trying to shore up the Education funding before tackling anything on this scale for the homeless...and the property that the defunct malls are sitting on are typically prime real estate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area