Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 12:21 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,125,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Do I have a right to not constantly be harassed by homeless people every time I stop at a red light or walk into a Circle K?

And you're right. Cops bad. National Guard good. This line of thinking is genius.
It is because it cuts out peoples opinions like yours and is pure force. Either local law enforcement complies with the constitution or they can get shot up with military grade weapons and training. And then they are dead on the ground and the snide remarks cease.

Im sorry you have delicate sensibilities so want to create a police state but thats not what this country stands for. Maybe people in these communities should work WITH the homeless to fix the root causes instead of engaging in gross human rights and constitutional violations.

Sorry cant get on board with your side at all and I think this is a rare case where extreme force needs to be applied for non compliance with constitutional law which is the under pinning of our entire nation and what the military swears to defend.

Old 12-20-2019, 12:29 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,125,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
can you point out where in the constitution it says that you have the right to take a crap on the street in front of my kids?
Ah yes the haters like to add little caveats like "in front of my kids" of course not, but crapping outside NOT in front of you or your kids YES. Of course if its in an urban area that area gets more grey if sanitation (ie abundant public bathrooms) are not provided. What part of homeless dont you understand, they dont have a bathroom.

You already know this though and thats why the time for force is here. The supreme court ruled - https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...ep-on-sidewalk

You already knew it was not in front of your kids (for most areas) some locals can be less strict not more strict.

Thats why time for national guard enforcement of local law enforcement is coming, the hateful vitriol of people who know better means extreme force is needed and talk will be over.

If you dont like crap and people sleeping in tents maybe you should get involved in why its happening?

Old 12-20-2019, 04:26 AM

23,240 posts, read 29,090,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdahunt View Post
For the life of me I don't understand why anyone would give a homeless person any money at a street corner......you aren't helping anyone, if fact you are making the situation worse...if you want to help give a donation to salvation army or another charity group that will spend it to make a difference.
You haven't heard of he old Indian saying: Give $10 away and $40 will come back to you in some form or another.

Old 12-20-2019, 04:41 AM

23,240 posts, read 29,090,099 times
On a national average, it costs taxpayers $42,500 a year to have one homeless person on our streets. Most of those costs stem from Emergency Room visits, Hospital stays, Rehab, necessary medications. Utah, a Republican state, has done wonders to reduce their homeless population in Salt Lake City.

Back in 1972, when I was homeless, it was a piece of cake to go from Homelessness to employment. I sought out the lowest level job I could find, a nursing asst in a nursing home. Back then, compared to today, I didn't need to take a month long CNA class, I didn't need a CPR card ($50), no TB test, no background check, no drug test. I worked under someone for a week and after that I had my own row of patients. That would be impossible today! And, even if you do take your CNA class, many of these nursing homes want one year's experience.

I'm sure many of these homeless are capable of giving a fairly good rubdown/massage, but the Mafia-like Massage Board, in every state, insists that you go thru Massage school ($14k tuition) before you can even touch someone. That's got to go!

One of San Francisco's problem is the out-of-control Nimby's. The "kings" and "queens" of the Hills don't want any structure built higher than 3 stories, to the North, for fear it will mar their view of the San Francisco Bay. And yes, they are building high rises in the Mission District, but that's fine with the "kings" and "queens" of the Hills as it helps to block their view of the Shipyards in Oakland.

I actually enjoy talking to the homeless, whenever I run into them, as they're far more interesting to talk to than someone with a Ph'd.

Old 12-20-2019, 06:16 AM

3,206 posts, read 2,493,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
The situation is not that simple, millenisls know all jobs are temporary so some opt to do things like live in vans to expadite saving. A lot of poor are also educated and find themselves in McJobs

The pipe line to learning difficult skills is long and there no way to know what’s “hot” in 4-5 years, or heck even 2 years.

All I’m saying is that people have a fundamental human right to not be harrased by police for doing life critical things that homeless have to do outside and if local communities want to “get tough”, I think National gaurd should be used against local law enforcement and city hall / state hall.

I’m not talking about ubi or free stuff, that’s where republican arguments very quickly deteriorate.

And yes you do have to have a solution or otherwise just live with mass homelessness around you and military action against towns actively violating people’s constitutional rights.
No, they do NOT have the right to relieve themselves in public. This is a public health issue. Where do you get this mindset? Coming to your neighborhood.

Old 12-20-2019, 06:19 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,971,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
No, they do NOT have the right to relieve themselves in public. This is a public health issue. Where do you get this mindset? Coming to your neighborhood.
They have to do it somewhere

Old 12-20-2019, 06:43 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,926,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Ah yes the haters like to add little caveats like "in front of my kids" of course not, but crapping outside NOT in front of you or your kids YES. Of course if its in an urban area that area gets more grey if sanitation (ie abundant public bathrooms) are not provided. What part of homeless dont you understand, they dont have a bathroom.

You already know this though and thats why the time for force is here. The supreme court ruled - https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...ep-on-sidewalk

You already knew it was not in front of your kids (for most areas) some locals can be less strict not more strict.

Thats why time for national guard enforcement of local law enforcement is coming, the hateful vitriol of people who know better means extreme force is needed and talk will be over.

If you dont like crap and people sleeping in tents maybe you should get involved in why its happening?
How many homeless people have YOU opened your house up to?

you talk like you are an advocate for them; what have YOU SPECIFICALLY done to help the problem, or are you just another one of those people who preaches to everyone else and does nothing?

Old 12-20-2019, 07:00 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,589,213 times
They can actually sleep on the sidewalk and tent up in front of your home on a public sidewalk. They do this in areas of Venice Beach. Homeowners have a level of fear of coming out of their homes when homeless people just 30-40 feet from their front door get mad. This should only increase the value of homes in gated or guard-gated communities.

If they city can't provide shelter for them? In some cases there is a shelter but they choose to go their own way. the Supreme Court needs to be forced to change their opinion. Health concerns from bacteria & diseases for tax-paying residents comes first not the right for less fortunate or wanderers to sleep on any public street they please. Someone needs to steer the homeless to the residential block where these judges live.

Last edited by frankrj; 12-20-2019 at 07:45 AM..

Old 12-20-2019, 07:03 AM

3,206 posts, read 2,493,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
They have to do it somewhere
How about your front yard? This is a major health issue. I cannot believe that you actually think this is okay.

Old 12-20-2019, 07:09 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,971,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
How about your front yard? This is a major health issue. I cannot believe that you actually think this is okay.
Where should they go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area