Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2020, 12:50 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,306,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
They are acting like idiots. Restaurants and bars are full.

A gal that works for me is going to get us all sick in the office. She spends all weekend partying at the bars at Westgate and says they are packed. She regularly goes camping with a group of 30 - 40 people and they have a drunk fest and are all over each other. She goes out on dates with guys she meets online and wakes up at their house.

I've told her over and over that she is putting us all in danger since we work so close together but she continues to do the stupid crap. I constantly have to remind her to keep her distance at work.

There are a ton of idiots just like here that are contributing to the problem we have now.
Yep, exactly. Tons of this going on. It'd be great if those that did this would get it and no one else and a few would get it "badly" if you know what I mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 01:42 PM

6,775 posts, read 5,082,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belgirl View Post
I think our response to protect nursing homes and the older population have been abysmal. But comparing us to countries that are the size of Montana is quite frankly, ridiculous.
Montana has 1 million people. Germany has over 80 million. Enough said...

Old 06-16-2020, 01:57 PM

39,101 posts, read 51,306,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
With the bump on cases here in AZ and all of the national and local press discussing AZ, I'd like to know and anyone has the pulse on store and restaurant traffic. In other words, are people going back in the cave because of the press or are people going out and ignoring the warnings?
The staggering numbers are coming from the 20-29 age group. They have totally abandoned social distancing. The info I get is that the bars and clubs in Westgate, Scottsdale, etc look just like they did before covid. And no one is wearing a mask. In spite of the massive increase in cases, new hospitalizations in Maricopa County really haven't moved much. This may change in a week or so, but it is unlikely that many of the 20-somethings will end up in the hospital. They will make older people they live and work with sick though.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:01 PM

720 posts, read 736,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The staggering numbers are coming from the 20-29 age group. They have totally abandoned social distancing. The info I get is that the bars and clubs in Westgate, Scottsdale, etc look just like they did before covid. And no one is wearing a mask. In spite of the massive increase in cases, new hospitalizations in Maricopa County really haven't moved much. This may change in a week or so, but it is unlikely that many of the 20-somethings will end up in the hospital. They will make older people they live and work with sick though.
Yep I just got scottsdaleaz govt newsletter>>>

June 16, 2020

COVID-19 UPDATE

What the data shows. Maricopa County Public Health continues to see an increase in cases. Public health experts expected a rise in cases with more people interacting in the community, but say that the rate at which cases are increasing is concerning.

It’s important for everyone to remember that this is a disease that anyone can get.

9% of cases are 19 years old or younger
47% of cases are people ages 20-44
29% of cases are people ages 45-64
15% of cases are people over the age of 65
We know the risk of serious illness is greater for adults over 65 and those with chronic medical conditions, but anyone can spread the disease and a positive case typically spreads the virus to two to three others. That’s why each of us needs to take protective measures to help slow the spread. Get more data.

What you can do to help stop the spread. [cut]

Last edited by smoochaz; 06-16-2020 at 02:09 PM..

Old 06-16-2020, 04:28 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,367,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoochaz View Post
Yep I just got scottsdaleaz govt newsletter>>>

June 16, 2020

COVID-19 UPDATE

What the data shows. Maricopa County Public Health continues to see an increase in cases. Public health experts expected a rise in cases with more people interacting in the community, but say that the rate at which cases are increasing is concerning.

It’s important for everyone to remember that this is a disease that anyone can get.

9% of cases are 19 years old or younger
47% of cases are people ages 20-44
29% of cases are people ages 45-64
15% of cases are people over the age of 65
We know the risk of serious illness is greater for adults over 65 and those with chronic medical conditions, but anyone can spread the disease and a positive case typically spreads the virus to two to three others. That’s why each of us needs to take protective measures to help slow the spread. Get more data.

What you can do to help stop the spread. [cut]
My wife had an uncle who died here in the Chicago area. Family from around the country gathered in a large church spaced and following the church number limits; Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and North Carolina all had masks on during the service. Arizona, no masks and no distancing. He said that all you had to do is wash your hands and there would be no danger, and that very few in AZ wore masks. I was shocked; IL has has a steep downhill trend in the number of infections because it is the law to wear a mask indoors in public spaces, AZ a spike. I fear for my brother and his family in Scottsdale because of all the carefree attitude about masks, and this is so irresponsible. Please, get with it and stop endangering yourselves! Wear a mask around others for God's sake!

Old 06-16-2020, 05:31 PM

567 posts, read 432,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
My wife had an uncle who died here in the Chicago area. Family from around the country gathered in a large church spaced and following the church number limits; Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and North Carolina all had masks on during the service. Arizona, no masks and no distancing. He said that all you had to do is wash your hands and there would be no danger, and that very few in AZ wore masks. I was shocked; IL has has a steep downhill trend in the number of infections because it is the law to wear a mask indoors in public spaces, AZ a spike. I fear for my brother and his family in Scottsdale because of all the carefree attitude about masks, and this is so irresponsible. Please, get with it and stop endangering yourselves! Wear a mask around others for God's sake!
My niece just visited us in L.A. where wearing masks is mandatory. She was fearful of going home to Phoenix because very few people are wearing masks while out in public settings. In L.A. hospitalizations for covid have been declining for a few weeks, while in Arizona they're spiking. I must admit it's not always easy to social distance, especially at the supermarket. But when everyone's wearing masks, you feel a bit safer.

Old 06-16-2020, 06:01 PM

6,775 posts, read 5,082,416 times
Deleted

(Getting kind of grumpy and upset at how AZ people are behaving)

Old 06-16-2020, 07:15 PM

9,801 posts, read 11,196,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
Deleted

(Getting kind of grumpy and upset at how AZ people are behaving)
you said it right the 1st time. It seems the healthcare professions are also getting fed-up. https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/he...afety-measures

I will chip in to pay for elective surgery for Ducey. More specifically, I'd like for him to have a seed transplant. If we wait for him to grow a pair, this is going to get out of control. How hard would it be to tell the selfish IDIOTS running around without a mask to grow up and wear one. For people's health, common sense, common decency and the economy. People's livelihoods are on the line. I wish people who don't wear it would go to the end of the line for healthcare when they don't wear one.

"This is a letter given to the governor to ask him respectfully to mandate the mask-wearing in public and is signed by hundreds of physicians from all specialties....."

Old 06-16-2020, 09:37 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,997,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
And that's what chaps my hide.

They will sicken, perhaps even kill, people who didn't see it coming. Collateral damage.

There needs to be a new, stronger message: "Wear a mask. Keep your family, friends and co-workers safe, even if you feel fine." If Ducey won't say it, how about someone the 20-somethings will listen to?

Old 06-16-2020, 09:44 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,973,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
And that's what chaps my hide.

They will sicken, perhaps even kill, people who didn't see it coming. Collateral damage.

There needs to be a new, stronger message: "Wear a mask. Keep your family, friends and co-workers safe, even if you feel fine." If Ducey won't say it, how about someone the 20-somethings will listen to?
Let’s not just blame the yungins

Dear leaders base is predominately older and dear leader is trying to tell us not to do anything about it and ignore it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area