Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2020, 11:08 AM

39,125 posts, read 51,388,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
I am using https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng...state-by-state

if you have a more up to date source please share it with the rest of us otherwise please quit throwing stones
The state health department web site. Look it up for yourself. The numbers are up by about 10% from yesterday but deaths are now 24. Caveat here: if you look at testing numbers it appears that they have done less than 100 tests in the past day, which lines up with the heath department direction to stop testing because we still do not have the promised testing supplies. In other words, we have no idea what is going on in Arizona. We certainly appear to be the worst managed state in the country with this right now. If you need more proof, look at Ducey's stay at home, which was pretty much "stay at home (if you want, but otherwise just go out and have fun in the nice weather - and get your nails done while you are out there too.")
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 11:09 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,302,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The state health department web site. Look it up for yourself. The numbers are up by about 10% from yesterday but deaths are now 24. Caveat here: if you look at testing numbers it appears that they have done less than 100 tests in the past day, which lines up with the heath department direction to stop testing because we still do not have the promised testing supplies. In other words, we have no idea what is going on in Arizona. We certainly appear to be the worst managed state in the country with this right now. If you need more proof, look at Ducey's stay at home, which was pretty much "stay at home (if you want, but otherwise just go out and have fun in the nice weather - and get your nails done while you are out there too.")
There's private testing going on as well, which that number doesn't reflect.

Old 03-31-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
There's private testing going on as well, which that number doesn't reflect.
Yes it does. Private testers must report to the state per Ducey's order and those are included in the count on the DHS page. There are a total of around 19000 tests, only a few hundred by the state lab. That number has only gone up about 100 or so this week from last week. The number of tests on the DHS site may not be up to date for today though as it has the same number of positives as the case count from yesterday. The small increase today however could just be from pending tests with no new tests completed.

Old 03-31-2020, 11:26 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,302,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Yes it does. Private testers must report to the state per Ducey's order and those are included in the count on the DHS page. There are a total of around 19000 tests, only a few hundred by the state lab. That number has only gone up about 100 or so this week from last week. The number of tests on the DHS site may not be up to date for today though as it has the same number of positives as the case count from yesterday. The small increase today however could just be from pending tests with no new tests completed.
That's not what I read online, it said the numbers were not updated with private tests. I saw that only 5-10% of the tests are positive thus far

Old 03-31-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
That's not what I read online, it said the numbers were not updated with private tests. I saw that only 5-10% of the tests are positive thus far
That may have been true at one time, but it is not the case now. You can go to azdhs.gov and look at the corona page. Just above the graphs are two boxes. Clicking the right side one gets the testing totals. It clearly states: "COVID-19 testing at private laboratories and Arizona State Public Health Laboratory". The current (posted) total is 19,310 or which 6% are positive.

Old 03-31-2020, 11:42 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,742,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
I am using https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng...state-by-state

if you have a more up to date source please share it with the rest of us otherwise please quit throwing stones

Here it is, it updated at 9AM today (I think that's what they are trying to do daily):
https://www.azfamily.com/news/latest...a98abbfcc.html

Old 03-31-2020, 12:08 PM

586 posts, read 544,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
I understand who and what your were directing it at. But US CV?
No, just covid 19. But if someone insists on naming it after a Country it would be just as silly to use the most as the original. Both are just silly.

Old 03-31-2020, 12:48 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,955,199 times
Quote:
I'm not throwing stones, settle down. I corrected your numbers yesterday with the numbers you just posted today. Go to AZ family.com and click on the Coronavirus updates article. It usually updates numbers between 9-9:30 am every day
You are now in charge of posting the daily Chinese corona virus numbers going forward, I will post yesterdays numbers if I am up to it

Old 03-31-2020, 12:55 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,955,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Here it is, it updated at 9AM today (I think that's what they are trying to do daily):
https://www.azfamily.com/news/latest...a98abbfcc.html
Thank you that is helpful for those who care about facts

Old 03-31-2020, 01:57 PM

2,296 posts, read 3,103,507 times
FYI for everyone's use, I find this site to be one of the most up to date and it has totals updated regularly (hourly?) for each state (and country).

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area