Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2020, 07:06 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,629,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
You are now in charge of posting the daily Chinese corona virus numbers going forward, I will post yesterdays numbers if I am up to it
FFS please call the virus by it's correct name. It is NOT the "Chinese" coronavirus. All that term is doing is getting Chinese Americans attacked. Show some decency please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 07:14 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,105,447 times
I'm a resident of Santa Clara County and we've been on lockdown for... 2-3 weeks now? It did wonders for the exponential growth we were seeing here as we haven't spiked the way it looked like we were going to. I believe it was instituted across all Bay Area counties when there were something like 400 total cases. My interest in Arizona is because I was scheduled to move to Pima County next month, but where I see the governor's bungling of this thing... 800+ confirmed in Maricopa and 200+ in Pima = you guys might be a little late to the party. Unfortunately, these next few months won't be a lot of fun unless there's significantly better, significantly more decisive leadership.

Old 03-31-2020, 07:17 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,674,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
I'm a resident of Santa Clara County and we've been on lockdown for... 2-3 weeks now? It did wonders for the exponential growth we were seeing here as we haven't spiked the way it looked like we were going to. I believe it was instituted across all Bay Area counties when there were something like 400 total cases. My interest in Arizona is because I was scheduled to move to Pima County next month, but where I see the governor's bungling of this thing... 800+ confirmed in Maricopa and 200+ in Pima = you guys might be a little late to the party. Unfortunately, these next few months won't be a lot of fun unless there's significantly better, significantly more decisive leadership.
Late to the party and it hasn’t even begun yet. Ducey will drag his feet for another couple weeks, continuing to allow everything to be classified as essential. I don’t see his long-game here. He’s going to do more harm to the economy by extending this mess, and will certainly have blood on his hands.

Old 03-31-2020, 08:17 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,105,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Late to the party and it hasn’t even begun yet. Ducey will drag his feet for another couple weeks, continuing to allow everything to be classified as essential. I don’t see his long-game here. He’s going to do more harm to the economy by extending this mess, and will certainly have blood on his hands.
Yeah, and in all honesty, that's my biggest concern. If I make the move, I'm going to need to get a job and it's looking a lot like the recovery there might take a lot longer than it should. I feel bad for everyone there with pre-existing conditions that will be affected by the carelessness. It's a beautiful state with some of the nicest people I've met (particularly in Pima County) but woof, they're in for it.

Even as much as we curtailed it in San Jose, nearly all of the hotel beds at Kaiser San Jose are filled with Covid patients, and the problem as we see elsewhere is, it's not an amazing problem until you run out of resources and hospital beds.

Last edited by llowllevellowll; 03-31-2020 at 08:26 PM..

Old 03-31-2020, 10:58 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,982,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
Yeah, and in all honesty, that's my biggest concern. If I make the move, I'm going to need to get a job and it's looking a lot like the recovery there might take a lot longer than it should. I feel bad for everyone there with pre-existing conditions that will be affected by the carelessness. It's a beautiful state with some of the nicest people I've met (particularly in Pima County) but woof, they're in for it.

Even as much as we curtailed it in San Jose, nearly all of the hotel beds at Kaiser San Jose are filled with Covid patients, and the problem as we see elsewhere is, it's not an amazing problem until you run out of resources and hospital beds.
Tucson never recovered from the last recession.

Old 04-01-2020, 06:41 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,213,093 times
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is having second thoughts about masks.

Duh! A while back, I reported the details mask measurements here https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/...ce-mask-virus/ .

In an earlier post, I called the Surgeon General (who is out of his league) and WHO liers. Read this https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...t-the-question

"Now, with the number of cases in the U.S. doubling every three or four days, it looks as though that may not have been the best advice." You would have to be a technical moron not to realize that a mask helps. A surgical mask blocks 97% of particles greater than a micron (one-millionth of a meter).

Never mind the scientists said that studied SAR's said that masks help. I posted that link before (but it was probably removed in several mass deletions). I knew they would change their mind in only a matter of time. They felt they had to lie to everybody because they were short on supplies. Now that DIY masks are out and they do help some (see linked article above), WHO and the puppet Surgeon General have changed their tune. In my mind, "FAKE news" (lies) all to often come from the politicians.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:10 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,674,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is having second thoughts about masks.

Duh! A while back, I reported the details mask measurements here https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/...ce-mask-virus/ .

In an earlier post, I called the Surgeon General (who is out of his league) and WHO liers. Read this https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...t-the-question

"Now, with the number of cases in the U.S. doubling every three or four days, it looks as though that may not have been the best advice." You would have to be a technical moron not to realize that a mask helps. A surgical mask blocks 97% of particles greater than a micron (one-millionth of a meter).

Never mind the scientists said that studied SAR's said that masks help. I posted that link before (but it was probably removed in several mass deletions). I knew they would change their mind in only a matter of time. They felt they had to lie to everybody because they were short on supplies. Now that DIY masks are out and they do help some (see linked article above), WHO and the puppet Surgeon General have changed their tune. In my mind, "FAKE news" (lies) all to often come from the politicians.
This has always been about trying to preserve the supply rather than the efficacy of masks. If we had the supply, they would have been recommending masks from the beginning and we would be a lot better off.

My question is how to sanitize masks that we are re-wearing. If we wear them out, the outside could be covered in bad stuff, we then take them off and put them back on multiple times. Given that most don't have UV disinfecting devices, I question if we may be infecting ourselves with improper mask sanitation.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:22 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,952,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShampooBanana View Post
FYI for everyone's use, I find this site to be one of the most up to date and it has totals updated regularly (hourly?) for each state (and country).

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
Thanks for the link I noticed that this site also reports on those recovered which is great to see

Old 04-01-2020, 09:32 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,952,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
FFS please call the virus by it's correct name. It is NOT the "Chinese" coronavirus. All that term is doing is getting Chinese Americans attacked. Show some decency please.
I would not get to upset about it If a Chinese person is attacked that is a criminal matter.
There is no disputing that this virus originated in China and historically the locality of origination is how viruses are typically named for example: 1910 China plague,the German measles ,Ebola, Spanish flu, Asian flu,Hong Kong flu,London flu,Japanese encephalitis outbreak, MERS aka Middle East respiratory syndrome

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_epidemics

Last edited by autism360; 04-01-2020 at 09:42 AM..

Old 04-01-2020, 09:32 AM

872 posts, read 1,002,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post

Austria is making masks mandatory in grocery stores and czech rep and Slovakia are making masks mandatory country-wide. Maybe we could do something for people going into work or the stores but that means we would have to get more masks made which our resources are going torward healthcare systems. Unless people make their own or sell them otherwise, it might be hard to come by. When you do something like that it also brings the question of what's the repercussions of NOT wearing a mask when you are supposed to??

Gone are the days when wearing a mask in the USA makes you look insane or a target of concern. I think we should AT LEAST highly recommend it, especially if at risk groups are going out to the store, etc. I think gloves are important as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area