Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2020, 12:05 PM

13,905 posts, read 8,092,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
That is a valid point, and I think the heat thing has been discounted too much. In my 18 years of Substitute Teacher licensure in Arizona, it did seem like flu season was often bad...and I was right in the middle of it, and never did the school districts insure me against it. No school simply meant no pay. Didn't receive a penny of compensation for being poisoned by four year old, frozen cubed turkey in the school Thanksgiving lunch, that sickened hundreds. I wonder how MN will feel about illegals getting preference on ventilators over blue hairs..which is exactly what is happening in Sweden.

I agree and think we'll see an improvement in AZ ahead of many other areas of the country.

Or at least I hope so!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2020, 12:16 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,286,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
You have a right to believe what you want as far as religion is concerned ... however, put this into perspective: one of the countries which has been absolutely devastated by this virus is Italy, a nation full of devout Catholics. Over 10,000 deaths have been reported there. Why hasn't your Jesus saved them? The U.S. is said to be a Christian nation, and I'm pretty sure many of the ones who have been severely afflicted and/or met their demise had religious beliefs. Apparently, this wonderful Jesus hasn't been able to save people from this, nor other serious health issues.

He's the same person who started the other thread & suggested that because the Phoenix area is spread out, we have a lower risk than the more dense eastern metros. If that's true, then there should be very few or no cases at all in Maricopa Country.
This made me chuckle. That's not how it works, pal.

Old 03-30-2020, 12:18 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,674,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
This made me chuckle. That's not how it works, pal.
Hilarious. Patronizing chuckling as if "it" is an actual thing. We should really leave the mythology out of the discussion.

Old 03-30-2020, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Hilarious. Patronizing chuckling as if "it" is an actual thing. We should really leave the mythology out of the discussion.
You're right, let's go back to reading your intellectual musings. We all need to be educated.

Old 03-30-2020, 12:25 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,674,693 times
Quote:
You're right, let's go back to reading your intellectual musings. We all need to be educated.
Thanks. Facts and science over doctrine and fairy tales.

Old 03-30-2020, 12:42 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,737,256 times
Not sure if this link has been posted but info from Maricopa County:
https://www.maricopa.gov/5460/Coronavirus-Disease-2019

Also, this high school kid seems to be keeping busy:
https://ncov2019.live/data

Old 03-30-2020, 01:09 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,952,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Are you suggesting that as experts learn from the data, they are not allowed to change their minds? Am I missing your point?
Anyone that develops a history of changing their opinions runs the risk of losing credibility and when you are dealing with Science you cannot be seen constantly shifting positions or people will lose faith in you. This clown came out and said 2 million would die in the USA now he is saying 100-200,000 will die but he does not want to held to that number.Throw into the equation this guy is very political and I think he cannot be trusted since his record has been historically inaccurate on other viruses as well and you have an idiot who is causing a panic with no scientific evidence to back up what he is saying. Where is the science?This clown is dangerous he just loves the limelight.

Old 03-30-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Thanks. Facts and science over doctrine and fairy tales.
It's possible to have both in your life. It doesn't have to be one or the other. If you actually took the time to read and study the Bible, you'd know that science and Christianity go hand in hand. But we are way off topic, so I'll just stop there.

Old 03-30-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Anyone that develops a history of changing their opinions runs the risk of losing credibility and when you are dealing with Science you cannot be seen constantly shifting positions or people will lose faith in you. This clown came out and said 2 million would die in the USA now he is saying 100-200,000 will die but he does not want to held to that number.Throw into the equation this guy is very political and I think he cannot be trusted since his record has been historically inaccurate and you have an idiot who is causing a panic with no scientific evidence to back up what he says. This clown is dangerous he just loves the limelight.
Thanks for your insight, Mr Internet Forum Guy. I now believe your opinions as opposed to the scientific predictions of the nation's leading expert on infectious diseases.

Old 03-30-2020, 01:13 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,952,472 times
Quote:
It's possible to have both in your life. It doesn't have to be one or the other. If you actually took the time to read and study the Bible, you'd know that science and Christianity go hand in hand. But we are way off topic, so I'll just stop there.
True Science and the Bible can never disagree because God made both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area