Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2020, 10:06 AM

586 posts, read 542,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
The esteemed Dr fauci is on record saying Covid is not as bad as the seasonal flu.

Dr. Fauci in New England Journal of Medicine: Coronavirus less severe than the flu

https://gellerreport.com/wp-content/...NEJM_COVID.pdf
This guy:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...he-coronavirus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2020, 10:16 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,736,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates419 View Post

Fauci might be the most misquoted guy in history (obvious exaggeration).
He says he could see 100 to 200k possible and the headline on Reuters (and rags like the Daily Mail) lock onto 200k and ignore this little gem from him: “I just don’t think that we really need to make a projection when it’s such a moving target, that you could so easily be wrong,” That's a huge statement but gets almost completely lost in the shuffle.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:19 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,929,435 times
people on the Internet forums only want to focus on shock values; never mind the details of ANY story when it comes to this thing..
I dont watch the news any more, only look at it on line for few minutes a day, and urge all my paranoid friends to do the same.

If something earth shattering happens, you will know soon enough, but to continue to obsess about this is the worst thing most people can do, especially those who have OCD, which many on this and most Internet forums suffer from..

Old 03-30-2020, 10:22 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,671,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Fauci might be the most misquoted guy in history (obvious exaggeration).
He says he could see 100 to 200k possible and the headline on Reuters (and rags like the Daily Mail) lock onto 200k and ignore this little gem from him: “I just don’t think that we really need to make a projection when it’s such a moving target, that you could so easily be wrong,” That's a huge statement but gets almost completely lost in the shuffle.
Nothing was ignored nor lost. It's been stated everywhere as an estimate. It would be moronic to assert that he can predict the future with certainty. No one is suggesting that. Not sure what you're complaining about.

Old 03-30-2020, 11:21 AM

39,107 posts, read 51,328,001 times
California is spiraling out of control, especially LA. Az should be taking steps now to stop Californians from coming here to escape the virus, because many of them will have it, they will infect us and fill out hospitals. We should stop all VRBOs, Airbnb's, close the resort hotels. Air passengers from CA should be quarantined for 14 days. The time to act is NOW.

Old 03-30-2020, 11:26 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,291,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
California is spiraling out of control, especially LA. Az should be taking steps now to stop Californians from coming here to escape the virus, because many of them will have it, they will infect us and fill out hospitals. We should stop all VRBOs, Airbnb's, close the resort hotels. Air passengers from CA should be quarantined for 14 days. The time to act is NOW.
I have lots of friends and family in the LA area and what I'm hearing is that it's similar to here and the real problems are in Northern CA.

Old 03-30-2020, 11:35 AM

15,253 posts, read 13,004,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
I have lots of friends and family in the LA area and what I'm hearing is that it's similar to here and the real problems are in Northern CA.
If you're talking about the Bay Area, Stanford had more cases than their 80 ED physicians could handle 10 days ago. I can only imagine it's much worse now.

Old 03-30-2020, 11:36 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,981,716 times
More deaths in Arizona than Thailand, with a tenth the population. Might be worth looking at. It is much more humid in Thailand. Bangkok is the most visited city in the world, according to MasterCard. About 20 million Chinese visited last year, Bangkok has the largest Chinatown in the world, and half the Thais have Chinese ancestry....and while the two countries don't share a border..they are only 200 miles apart. Go figure....Making plans for my stimulus check..I am thinking booze, girls, and gambling..the rest I will simply squander.

Old 03-30-2020, 11:39 AM

30,540 posts, read 19,288,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
More deaths in Arizona than Thailand, with a tenth the population. Might be worth looking at. It is much more humid in Thailand. Bangkok is the most visited city in the world, according to MasterCard. About 20 million Chinese visited last year, Bangkok has the largest Chinatown in the world, and half the Thais have Chinese ancestry....and while the two countries don't share a border..they are only 200 miles apart. Go figure....
Keep in mind that winter even in Phoenix and most of Arizona has temps most favorable to the virus (38F-62F) and Thailand has very little areas that see temps like that even in winter.

Old 03-30-2020, 11:55 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,981,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Keep in mind that winter even in Phoenix and most of Arizona has temps most favorable to the virus (38F-62F) and Thailand has very little areas that see temps like that even in winter.
That is a valid point, and I think the heat thing has been discounted too much. In my 18 years of Substitute Teacher licensure in Arizona, it did seem like flu season was often bad...and I was right in the middle of it, and never did the school districts insure me against it. No school simply meant no pay. Didn't receive a penny of compensation for being poisoned by four year old, frozen cubed turkey in the school Thanksgiving lunch, that sickened hundreds. I wonder how MN will feel about illegals getting preference on ventilators over blue hairs..which is exactly what is happening in Sweden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area