Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2020, 01:52 PM

1,694 posts, read 1,274,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
The politicization of the virus will vanish. We went from virus to riots back to to the virus without skipping a beat. It's 100% political and to keep it the economy destabilized until the election
I think I have to agree with this statement. It's been one thing after another with Trump. This is no different. I think Covid is a very serious issue, but it's been turned into something that it's not. It's sad, really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 01:56 PM

770 posts, read 837,813 times
Shutting was never able giving until a cure was found. It was to slow the flood of people into hospitals at once and to create a stockpile of ppe. If it wasn't an orange man bad election year there wouldn't be been this mass politicization of the virus. There is zero reason to shut down as there isn't going to be a cure. Protect yourself and stop bring hysterical.

Old 06-30-2020, 01:56 PM

Case in point. Hot off the press. https://www.cleveland.com/coronaviru...-activity.html

Old 06-30-2020, 01:58 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,647,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
I think I have to agree with this statement. It's been one thing after another with Trump. This is no different. I think Covid is a very serious issue, but it's been turned into something that it's not. It's sad, really.
Don't be sad. It's only something that it's not if you make it that way. It's a highly contagious, sometimes deadly virus, with long-lasting health and economic impacts. Nothing more, nothing less. People that want to turn it into some giant statement on freedoms, etc. have gone off the deep end.

The president and those that care what he thinks seem to be the only ones that don't want to handle it at face value. If he could lead without the divisiveness, it wouldn't trickle down to the rest of us. Fortunately, it seems that more and more are realizing this.

Old 06-30-2020, 01:58 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,270,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Given that Banner (for one) brought in more than 200 traveling nurses to help with labor shortages, it seems reasonable to me that staffing St. Luke's wouldn't be an overnight endeavor.
All this means is 200 more nurses will be crammed into already overcrowded hospitals. Here we have a medical facility sitting vacant since last year which could easily be reopened and used as backup or overflow. There were plans to reopen St. Luke's, which have recently been scrapped for whatever reason. This makes absolutely ZERO sense, especially with the speculation that hospital beds could be at full capacity if the trend continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Oh no, different...we have a lot more than two stupid people. Unfortunately the stupid people are not limited to my place of employment and are all over. That is why the numbers are increasing so quickly.
Agreed, but unfortunately, it goes back to the type of mentality this place seems to attract: the ones who move here primarily for silly reasons like the sun, hiking, sitting by the pool, etc. No desire to improve themselves, and it reflects in their actions. This is why we have a poor national reputation on quite a few levels. Even though a lot of it is media hype, there's still a lot of truth to it.

Old 06-30-2020, 02:00 PM

6,761 posts, read 5,058,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Unfortunately, I'm afraid we're doomed.
The numbers certainly are not inspiring, and I am not seeing the changes that would make me believe we are going to turn it around. There are some small gilmmers of hope, with more people in power suggesting masks. And just today I heard the airlines are putting mask refusers on a blacklist which will prevent them from buying a ticket in the future. But there are still way too many people who don't believe this is a problem. Anything short of seeing their entire family stacked up in a cooler like cordwood will not change their mind, and there are some who still would not be convinced.

Old 06-30-2020, 02:02 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,647,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Nice try.

"Addressing a City Council committee, Gordon said the onset of cases that are part of the current spike was about June 3 and 4, about the same time the city lifted its daytime travel restrictions in downtown and Ohio City.

Gordon did not tie the onset directly to the protest, a rally organized by Black Lives Matter that Cuyahoga County’s sheriff estimates involved 3,000 to 4,000 people and later devolved into rioting downtown."

Old 06-30-2020, 02:18 PM

6,761 posts, read 5,058,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
Shutting was never able giving until a cure was found. It was to slow the flood of people into hospitals at once and to create a stockpile of ppe. If it wasn't an orange man bad election year there wouldn't be been this mass politicization of the virus. There is zero reason to shut down as there isn't going to be a cure. Protect yourself and stop bring hysterical.
Orange man had the chance to be a hero, but instead has been behaving like a nefarious Dr Evil. It makes no logical sense, encouraging behavior that helps a deadly virus spread is only causing more chaos and devastation.

Old 06-30-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Nice try.

"Addressing a City Council committee, Gordon said the onset of cases that are part of the current spike was about June 3 and 4, about the same time the city lifted its daytime travel restrictions in downtown and Ohio City.

Gordon did not tie the onset directly to the protest, a rally organized by Black Lives Matter that Cuyahoga County’s sheriff estimates involved 3,000 to 4,000 people and later devolved into rioting downtown."
Again, she would never directly come out and say that. But do the math.

And first paragraph: "Cleveland’s spike in COVID-19 coronavirus cases that has set daily records twice since Thursday has its roots in the days immediately after the Black Lives Matter protest on May 30 in downtown, Public Health Director Merle Gordon said Monday."

Old 06-30-2020, 02:50 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,744,599 times
I lack the time to read all of the novels that are typed in here, but I come back here every once in a while to see if the increasing illness and death in our state has caused any form of common sense to prevail. It boggles the mind how people put so much effort into denying that this is happening and affirming their "rights" to make the rest of us sick. Many thanks to a few people such as hikernut and DetroitN8V (as well as people with whom I have disagreed on other issues such as Ponderosa and asufan) for being the voices of reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area