Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2020, 01:42 PM

39,107 posts, read 51,321,770 times

Advertisements

An example of just how hard it is to control this virus:

Hickman egg ranch west of town uses women prisoners from Perryville to do ranch work. The women have been living at the farm since the end of March to keep the risk of covid down and avoid shutting down production. 5 of them just tested positive. The civilians who work there are tested each day for covid before they go to work. But the testing apparently missed it/false negative. It seems we can't even rely on testing to protect the workplaces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 02:05 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,284,249 times
Now for a break in the constant stream of negativity.

Went to Fry's and Lowe's in South Gilbert today (both off Higley) and I witnessed 100% compliance in mask wearing. That is an absolute first for me. Maybe some of these people are starting to catch on. Time will tell.

Old 07-01-2020, 02:10 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,735,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
But Florida has a considerable Hispanic population too
True, but make up may be a little different. Plus, I was just showing where the rise is in AZ (and parts of SoCal), the why is up for CD debate/keyboard death match.

Old 07-01-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Now for a break in the constant stream of negativity.

Went to Fry's and Lowe's in South Gilbert today (both off Higley) and I witnessed 100% compliance in mask wearing. That is an absolute first for me. Maybe some of these people are starting to catch on. Time will tell.
I saw the same at Bashas' today with the exception of one guy shopping and a few others using the prepared food area.

Old 07-01-2020, 02:16 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,241,227 times
You guys do too much running around. I'm laying low...I'm forced to go to work every day but other than that I'm staying home.

Old 07-01-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
You guys do too much running around. I'm laying low...I'm forced to go to work every day but other than that I'm staying home.
I shop once a week mostly for fresh produce. I use the cup holder on the cart for Lysol (I carry a lighter too in case someone invades my space).

Old 07-01-2020, 02:32 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,284,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
I don't go out to restaurants or hang out with a bunch of people. I don't shop for clothes or anything else. Usually grocery store or hardware store...that's about it. I'm fairly contained to a small area. But I refuse to become a recluse. If I need to go somewhere - I go. We all can't "lay low" for another year (or longer). Mental health is a thing too, and people need to get out and do something. I'm going camping next week.

Old 07-01-2020, 03:18 PM

639 posts, read 973,744 times
Our Fry's has been almost 100% too for the past few weeks. (Signal Butte and Guadalupe). It was probably 60-70% wearing masks before the mandate since the CDC recommended it a few months back, so overall people over here have been pretty decent about it.

Old 07-01-2020, 04:42 PM

42,868 posts, read 26,375,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post

Hickman egg ranch west of town uses women prisoners from Perryville to do ranch work. The women have been living at the farm since the end of March to keep the risk of covid down and avoid shutting down production. 5 of them just tested positive. The civilians who work there are tested each day for covid before they go to work. But the testing apparently missed it/false negative. It seems we can't even rely on testing to protect the workplaces.
Especially when it's in the interest of a business for everyone to test negative

Old 07-01-2020, 05:36 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,241,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post

Are you sure they are tested each day and not screened? Testing each employee every day would be enormously expensive and time consuming. I'm screened everyday when I get to work and that is how most employers do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area