Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2021, 01:58 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,928,788 times

Advertisements

I know its not a universal figure, and there is no way to know how many people in Tempe,goodyear, mesa, chandler, Glendale, whatever, are wearing masks at any given time..my ONLY point is there isnt and better OR worse compliance in the east valley, or the west valley; I wear mine, stay at least 6 feet from people, whether they are wearing one or not, and go about my business the same way I have for the last 6 months..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2021, 02:19 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,950,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
NEWS FLASH...

There are AHOLES EVERYWHERE, NOT just the "west valley"..

I was in Tempe and Mesa today, and I saw the same exact thing, masks down, taken off if no one in the store was checking, and others not even wearing one, so spare us the "west valley isnt great for mask compliance" non sense...there are morons everywhere in the valley..
I have only been to north Phoenix once since the pandemic started and haven't been to the east valley at all. I can just speak of the west valley.

Old 01-16-2021, 05:27 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,976,131 times
For the third time, we lead the world

https://www.abc15.com/news/state/ari...HASCXz3aHGPYcA

Disgraceful and bad for business Douggie

Old 01-16-2021, 06:24 PM

39,107 posts, read 51,328,001 times
Doug says we are doing everything right. Lay low people. With these numbers you might as well figure just about everyone out there is a potential source of infection.

Old 01-16-2021, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Doug says we are doing everything right. Lay low people. With these numbers you might as well figure just about everyone out there is a potential source of infection.
What i don't get is our new tests are fairly flat. I mean the week after Christmas had more positives, but since we got back we generally had 7, 8, 9, 10k days on normal test days.

Old 01-17-2021, 09:04 AM

39,107 posts, read 51,328,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
What i don't get is our new tests are fairly flat. I mean the week after Christmas had more positives, but since we got back we generally had 7, 8, 9, 10k days on normal test days.
Fewer tests so fewer cases. The percent positive is still around 30. Hospitalizations, always a better indicator, have declined a bit though, too.

Old 01-17-2021, 12:00 PM

13,355 posts, read 7,379,677 times
Quote:
Fewer tests so fewer cases. The percent positive is still around 30. Hospitalizations, always a better indicator, have declined a bit though, too.
People who are in the hospital were positive 2-4 weeks prior they spread it to others until they are too sick leave their home, or end up in the hospital. I had a co-worker he was coughing and fever he was still going about his business until he was too weak to leave his house. Most people I know don't bother with testing because they don't want to spend the money. The free testing is so clogged up can't really get an appointment. The cares act was suppose to make testing free insurance companies figured out ways around not paying, and most places like urgent cares charge up front cost tell you to figure out how to reimburse yourself. The Cares act mandated insurance pay, and any clinic that takes Medicare not suppose to charge yet all these clinics do charge and take Medicare. Testing is a huge failure in this country just like the vaccine distribution has been.

Old 01-17-2021, 12:40 PM

13,888 posts, read 8,086,228 times
I had a vendor over the other day and after he finished the drywall he mentioned he caught the virus shortly after Thanksgiving. He told his boss he wasn't feeling well wanted to get tested. The test was on a Wed and he was told the results would be in Sat. His boss said it was up to him if he wanted to keep working which he did.

On Sat. he got the results and he tested positive. He said by Saturday he was feeling worse. It felt like the flu. He stayed home for a couple of days and went back to work the following Wednesday.

This fellow is maybe 55 and about 30 pounds overweight.

Old 01-17-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Of course. I think New Years was an outlier but out per capita and percent positivity are still high. It is good that cases are holding steady so it looks like we hit our peak. At least, we can hope.

FYI, AZDHS sent those that already got their first vaccines at State Farm Stadium their second dose. I just hope that either A the doses are the same so they can continue first shots and not have problems with directing traffic, B they use another parking lot for second dose or C just do second dose vaccinations.

Old 01-17-2021, 02:48 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,083,160 times
Well, we, up here in Yavapai County, are waiting for just ONE place to offer the shots. Apparently, you all in Maricopa have dibs on all the vaccine up until now. This is a decision made by Dr. Cara Christ, and I am not fond of her at all.

Supposedly on Tuesday, Jan. 19, Yavapai County Health will list on line at 9AM some places we can get our shots up here. Some of us have even tried to go to the Cards stadium and it didn't work (unless you wanted to get there at 3 AM) Now that is not even an option.

Who is running this vaccine program? I hope Biden can figure it out and help us. We want shots too !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area