Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2021, 07:20 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,981,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlurryCat View Post
Went to WinCo at 7th Ave & Bell tonight. Went late to avoid crowds. Cashiers all had masks up. Every other employee had their mask either below the nose or down on the chin. Approximately 3 dozen adult shoppers - 50% nose exposers, 10% no mask, everyone else properly masked.

Half the shoppers were couples that brought the kids, so in addition to the adults there were around 20 kids ranging in age from around 5 to 12. Not one single kid was masked and a lot of them were running around the store playing tag and whatnot.

I think I'm done with WinCo.

Off-topic question - Is it normal to see that many little kids in a grocery store at 11PM on a Monday?
I've seen similar at WinCo on Bell over by the 303 with customers, not staff. The have a sign, sure. But that's it. Gas stations don't enforce it either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2021, 08:07 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,293,262 times
[quote=FlurryCat;60136576]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
[mod cut- deleted post]/quote]

Went to WinCo at 7th Ave & Bell tonight. Went late to avoid crowds. Cashiers all had masks up. Every other employee had their mask either below the nose or down on the chin. Approximately 3 dozen adult shoppers - 50% nose exposers, 10% no mask, everyone else properly masked.

Half the shoppers were couples that brought the kids, so in addition to the adults there were around 20 kids ranging in age from around 5 to 12. Not one single kid was masked and a lot of them were running around the store playing tag and whatnot.

I think I'm done with WinCo.

Off-topic question - Is it normal to see that many little kids in a grocery store at 11PM on a Monday?
In that area? Yes it is.

Old 01-12-2021, 01:20 PM

26,270 posts, read 49,193,517 times
Today, HHS Secretary Azar announced changes to speed the vaccine to more people. My wife and I are in Group 1C (currently not eligible) but the revised HHS guidance means Group 1C can now get the vaccine along with Group 1B. But as I read the article, HHS is "urging" states to do this, i.e., by using the word "should" I'm not sure it's required and thus it sounds like each state has to make its own choice to adopt the new guidance.

Story here: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...cid=uxbndlbing

Excerpt of article:

"The Trump administration will start releasing more doses of the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines to states immediate instead of holding back the second dose, as Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar says states should expand vaccinations to everyone age 65 and older in an effort to get the vaccine to more people immediately."
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-12-2021, 01:59 PM

15,253 posts, read 13,029,735 times
I learned something today: State Farm Stadium is a 24/7 vaccination POD. That seems like some progress, anyway.

We are in the 1C group as well.

Old 01-12-2021, 02:13 PM

39,125 posts, read 51,388,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I learned something today: State Farm Stadium is a 24/7 vaccination POD. That seems like some progress, anyway.

Hope is on the way. CDC is changing recommendations to vax 65+ and those with conditions, ASAP. They are also going to change the allocation to states to make it based on elderly population which will likely mean more for AZ. It's like they have been reading my posts, haha. We need to get the shots to the ones who are filling the ICUs and the morgues. Who knows if Ducey will go along though. He is totally out to lunch on all of this.

Old 01-12-2021, 02:39 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,689,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockTyphoon View Post
Out of boredom I just read through this entire thread. Y'all are some miserable folk. Nothing but negative doom and gloom. If I didn't know any better, I'd think the sky was falling and their were bodies lying in the streets of Phoenix.
You thought a thread on a viral pandemic was going to be positive and uplifting?

Old 01-12-2021, 06:18 PM

8,048 posts, read 12,311,825 times
Quote:

Sounds good for those who live in the west Valley, but the majority live more centrally & in the east Valley. With the high demand for this vaccine, it needs to be more widely available like the influenza shots are. Also, there have been technical issues with the DHS website ... largely downtime due to being overwhelmed with the influx. Not too surprising because this is what usually happens when the government is in control of these things.

Old 01-12-2021, 07:43 PM

15,253 posts, read 13,029,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Sounds good for those who live in the west Valley, but the majority live more centrally & in the east Valley.
I live in the East Valley, obviously.

I don't mind the drive. I've already been to the Stadium once for a Covid test. We don't know yet how many vaccination lanes they'll have set up.

Quote:
With the high demand for this vaccine, it needs to be more widely available like the influenza shots are. Also, there have been technical issues with the DHS website ... largely downtime due to being overwhelmed with the influx. Not too surprising because this is what usually happens when the government is in control of these things.
Things are progressing, though, even as we bemoan the slowness of it all.

Old 01-12-2021, 10:12 PM

566 posts, read 576,952 times
I'm going to the stadium on Friday for mine, but when I logged in I had an option in Chandler and also in Goodyear at Banner Estrella I believe. So there are 3 large locations pretty spread out.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:40 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,981,965 times
Quote:

I went and while the experience in getting the vaccine was fine, the problem i had honestly got lost. Despite having a radio network, there were no signs on the 101 overpass of where you had to go. The radio network said to follow the signs which there were none. Real bang up job DHS. FYI, it is in the Orange Lot by Gate 1.

As for the vaccine, all I felt was tired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area