Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 07:46 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,333,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Yet another astounding post. Gee, just because I'd rather not be around a bunch of people with guns strapped to their backs?
Allow me to make sure I understand you correctly: You are suggesting that I should not carry my firearm on my person because someone, such as yourself, MIGHT feel ... "uncomfortable" around those with firearms?

Did I portray your position correctly?

Old 09-01-2009, 07:48 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,040,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
I gotta ask why this is called a staged event or publicity stunt, while the ACORN and SEIU bused-in professional protesters from outside of Phoenix and even AZ are viewed as genuine grassroots support.

Ponderosa, I have no idea what you're talking about. The only mention I've heard of this on any radio talk show was the host saying Chris was an idiot for doing so. Anyway, in VA open carry is legal, but will get you harassed by the cops. AZ actually upholds its laws, which I love.

If anyone is going to the tea party on 9/12, expect to see a ton of openly carried guns there. I don't know that I can ride my motorcycle that far with one of my AR's across my back though.
I'll be there as an anti-tea partier, LOL! It doesn't bother me to see people on motorcycles or who own guns and I wouldn't want it to bother someone that I am hispanic or in a gay relationship. It's a two way street in my opinion. Actually, my "partner's" friends ride motorcycles and own guns and they don't mind that we "live" together, LOL! Can't we all just get along? As for the "staged" event, it is just a way to say that it was a planned and organized rally for a specific reaction, etc. The same can be said of whatever other group was there. It wasn't like these people just spontaneously showed up and normally carry their weapons in where ever they go, LOL! In that sense it was very much staged.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
The guy in New Hampshire and the one in Phoenix with the AR-15 and the Pastor who prays for Obama to die of Brain Cancer are members of "We The People" a Militant Group which is bent on provoking a violent incident with Federal Authorities. If you and your family want to be around when the shooting starts you are on your own and the POLICE OFFICER who dies because of your defense of these Domestic Terrorists is on you
I looked up this "militia" and there doesn't seem to be any evidence of its existence. I think it is just media hype and the men with the AR-15's are not bent on provoking anything. Someone is snorting the media cocaine. There were "alleged" ties but I feel it is much more a media hype tool. Innocent until proven guilty right??? boompa...oh wait that is an "old" American "proverb" and should be discarded too...

Old 09-01-2009, 07:55 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,368,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
It wasn't like these people just spontaneously showed up and normally carry their weapons in where ever they go, LOL! In that sense it was very much staged.
Well, I carry wherever I go, but usually concealed and never a rifle. But you're right; no one just stumbled upon this event and decided, "Hey, I don't mind standing around for a few hours outdoors in 100 deg. heat instead of going to work or getting home."

Old 09-01-2009, 07:59 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,368,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
I looked up this "militia" and there doesn't seem to be any evidence of its existence. I think it is just media hype and the men with the AR-15's are not bent on provoking anything. Someone is snorting the media cocaine. There were "alleged" ties but I feel it is much more a media hype tool. Innocent until proven guilty right??? boompa...oh wait that is an "old" American "proverb" and should be discarded too...
The AZ Rep. had a blurb two week ago about the guy at the NH event, saying he was from Scottsdale. Yup, that must mean AZ is a bad place. In their very far stretch of a connection between him and some "anti-gov't. group", they described this group as calling for resistance of gov't. overstepping its Constitutional authority. Hell, if that constitutes a militia, where do I register? I guess it's more politically correct and socially acceptable to quietly submit to gov't. overstepping its Constutitional authority. Yeah, that's the ticket. If you're against that, you're a wingnut!

Old 09-01-2009, 08:00 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,525,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Conservatiivism is associated with poor education
Since AZ is technically a blue state, what would you have to say about your dead last place finish in the school rankings last year?

Liberalism is associated with high crime, ridiculous taxes, drug problems, constitutional rights revocation, and last but not least, CORRUPTION.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
Well, I carry wherever I go, but usually concealed and never a rifle. But you're right; no one just stumbled upon this event and decided, "Hey, I don't mind standing around for a few hours outdoors in 100 deg. heat instead of going to work or getting home."
I'm not talking about your handgun or concealed weapon, my bf does that and is a cop, I'm talking about the AR-15's. I don't think you nor those with them at the protest go to work or Wal-Mart with one of those loaded and strapped to your back...but yes a handgun or concealed weapon is something I choose not to have on me but I don't feel it necessary to make everyone think like me, act like me, or to change my guys behavior to mirror mine. As long as someone is safe, prudent, and doesn't commit a crime then they should have their rights. However, once something changes then that sentiment changes as well and the reality is that the law accommodates these human conditions. I had a family member stripped of his gun rights after he was charged with a felony for DUI, hit and run, etc...I happily helped him removed the guns from his property!

Old 09-01-2009, 08:04 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,752,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Since AZ is technically a blue state, what would you have to say about your dead last place finish in the school rankings last year?

Liberalism is associated with high crime, ridiculous taxes, drug problems, constitutional rights revocation, and last but not least, CORRUPTION.

How is Arizona a Blue State
The Governor and Both Senators are Republican
The State Legislature, which is responsible for education, is Republican

Old 09-01-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post

Interesting sentiments. I'm actually "surprised" to see a Chicagoan with such a list BUT then that just shows my ignorance and I'm glad to be proven wrong. However, Arizona ranked NEAR the last in per pupil spending and not in "school rankings." This is often a misinterpreted fact.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
How is Arizona a Blue State
The Governor and Both Senators are Republican
The State Legislature, which is responsible for education, is Republican
Actually, LOL, the make-up of the elected government officials in Arizona on the federal, state, and local level make up a democratic party in the state that is nearly 70% of the government for Arizona. On top of that, the governor was appointed and NOT elected. She was appointed by Gov. Napolitano after her appointment by the Obama administration as Secretary of Homeland Security. She was a liberal dem. Brewer "may" run for governor in 2010 but her approval rating is less than 25%. However, her plan for a temporary tax increase for Arizona has a higher rate of approval with 49% in support and 10% "not sure." Senator McCain and Kyl are hardly republican in the "real" sense, LOL! McCain is considered a political anomaly as he was once a democrat, and independent, and then a republican again in order to run for president. The republican party nominated him because they hoped he would draw support from independents, moderate democrats, and of course all the repubs...obviously this strategy failed.

Last edited by fcorrales80; 09-01-2009 at 08:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area