Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2016, 11:10 AM

697 posts, read 778,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
You and I know it is true. What percentage of the black vote did Obama get? Why? Black people only look after black people. You know it and I know it. Most black people these days hate whitey because of the color of our skin. It just makes sense. We are the enemy. Nothing anyone can do about it. The media created this divide that wasn't nearly as bad as it is now. Personally, I don't care about any of it. Humans are humans. I am above all the crap out there, but I am the 1% that thinks that way. Enjoy BRO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Bro? I am black and I do not hate anyone. I was not raised that way. Hate is a very strong word and it takes too much energy to hate someone. Black people are a very forgiving people. More so than any other race in this nation. I am too consumed with my career and family life and really don't have time to hate a whitey bro. I work and attend church with white people daily. My daughter plays soccer and dances in her high school musical with white children as well. Black people look after black people huh? Please elaborate and while doing so put it into context. Not too long ago this country was on the verge of calamity due to white people looking out for white people. You feel as if you are the enemy and your lack of self-esteem has nothing to do with black people, Mexican Americans or any other large minority in this country. I know you are scared of what the future may bring. One thing for sure America will never be GREAT again....bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
This is inarguably racist
Quote:
So you can just imagine what people of color felt in this country for centuries. Not a good feeling and with that you cannot dwell on it. Look past it and move forward. Some white people believe that we should live in a color blind society. I would never want to be seen as anything other than what I am. I am a black American man. I have a rich history here and do not want that history lost. We should aim towards an accepting society and recognize all of our differences. Ignoring a problem does not make the problem go away. Ignorance is what got us to this point. Enlightenment gg.
wpipkins, gladhands, anyone else who felt any hurt by these and other posts, I am just sorry. Sorry that people feel comfortable thinking or saying these things. Sorry that some people don't understand systemic racism and micro-aggressions. Sorry that you are probably very tired of explaining things to naive, judgmental and sometimes racist people.

GG, please just stop. Stop saying "whitey" and "bro" and making sweeping statements about black people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 11:34 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Bro? I am black and I do not hate anyone. I was not raised that way. Hate is a very strong word and it takes too much energy to hate someone. Black people are a very forgiving people. More so than any other race in this nation. I am too consumed with my career and family life and really don't have time to hate a whitey bro. I work and attend church with white people daily. My daughter plays soccer and dances in her high school musical with white children as well. Black people look after black people huh? Please elaborate and while doing so put it into context. Not too long ago this country was on the verge of calamity due to white people looking out for white people. You feel as if you are the enemy and your lack of self-esteem has nothing to do with black people, Mexican Americans or any other large minority in this country. I know you are scared of what the future may bring. One thing for sure America will never be GREAT again....bro.
Some will never stop with racism. Some refuse to let it go...but America can certainly be great again. Just maybe not in your eyes.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:37 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,968,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Some will never stop with racism. Some refuse to let it go...but America can certainly be great again. Just maybe not in your eyes.
You could always try.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
You could always try.
When you and others will never let go of the card, it's impossible for it to go away. If you and others did throw the card away, there wouldn't be anyone to blame shortcomings on.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:56 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,968,600 times
Quote:
When you and others will never let go of the card, it's impossible for it to go away. If you and others did throw the card away you wouldn't have anything to blame your shortcomings on.
This is a facile argument that anyone with even a sliver of critical thinking ability would laugh off. The phrase "race card" is a simpleton's rhetorical crunch. We don't know each other, but I'd be willing to bet that that I've built more from less than you have, and in a shorter period of time, but that's a relevant. It isn't my shortcomings that make me less likely to be hired than a white man with equal qualifications. It is in my shortcomings that would've been make me more likely to of been steered towards a subprime loan. And it certainly not my shortcomings that make me more likely to be killed by police. Your claim to ignore race is really just an excuse to ignore systematic racism. After all, if you don't see race, you can't notice when justice is being applied unequally.

Old 06-08-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
This is a facile argument that anyone with even a sliver of critical thinking ability would laugh off. The phrase "race card" is a simpleton's rhetorical crunch. We don't know each other, but I'd be willing to bet that that I've built more from less than you have, and in a shorter period of time, but that's a relevant. It isn't my shortcomings that make me less likely to be hired than a white man with equal qualifications. It is in my shortcomings that would've been make me more likely to of been steered towards a subprime loan. And it certainly not my shortcomings that make me more likely to be killed by police. Your claim to ignore race is really just an excuse to ignore systematic racism. After all, if you don't see race, you can't notice when justice is being applied unequally.
I'm always amused by assumptions.

Every post you make has a complaint of racism no matter what is said or done by a white person. Obsession and paranoia clouds reality. You think all white people are racist and out to get you and police are going to hurt you. You look for every opportunity to blame everyone else. Nothing good will ever come out of it and your feeling of being looked differenly at will never go away. You'll unfortunately pass this along and the card will keep getting passed and will never get thrown away. Thankfully your feelings are not held by the majority or there would be a war going on in the streets of every area of the world.

Old 06-08-2016, 12:11 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDaisy View Post

GG, please just stop. Stop saying "whitey" and "bro" and making sweeping statements about black people.
Lots of people refer to white people as "whitey". The term Bro is showing that wpipkins and I are viewed as brothers. Sometimes good can come from dialog. Tension seems very high to me right now on a lot of fronts. The media is fueling all kinds of fires in all kinds of directions. Strange times. I think I was born in much better times than we have today for the most part and I was born in very tough times in Pittsburgh. People leaving in droves, people not being able to feed their families and one big mess, yet for some reason people pulled together. Well the people who stayed through it all did anyway. Just I am just trying to get it better, so my outrageous post was provoking, yet very poorly written. Too much booze that night.

One thing that does seem to be evident when it comes to race. Whites and blacks don't view all things the same. A lot of things they do view the same, but there are some interesting differences. I remember when OJ Simpson got off the murder charges and watched the reactions. There was an overwhelming difference in how blacks and whites viewed that verdict. I didn't understand that very well then, but after a lot of thought I can understand it better today.

Sorry I am trying to understand more. I suspect this place isn't a good place to learn. Best to do it in person with other folks. I have been meaning to discuss these type of matters with others in person.

Wpipkins, I am sure you are a very good father. Very level headed which is evident here.

Old 06-08-2016, 12:13 PM

14,353 posts, read 17,038,833 times
Quote:
I'm always amused by assumptions.

Every post you make has a complaint of racism no matter what is said or done by a white person. Obsession and paranoia clouds reality. You think all white people are racist and out to get you and police are going to hurt you. You look for every opportunity to blame everyone else. Nothing good will ever come out of it and your feeling of being looked differenly at will never go away. You'll unfortunately pass this along and the card will keep getting passed and will never get thrown away. Thankfully your feelings are not held by the majority or there would be a war going on in the streets of every area of the world.
You seem to bring up racism at least twice as much as any of the black posters on the forum. You seem drawn to any discussion about race like a moth to a candle. Who's not guilty of letting go here? 

Old 06-08-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
You seem to bring up racism at least twice as much as any of the black posters on the forum. You seem drawn to any discussion about race like a moth to a candle. Who's not guilty of letting go here? 
Actually, if you read my posts, I'm defending it, not bringing it up. You and some others are so obsessed with it that it obviously consumes most everything you do and how you look at people. Exactly why it will never go away.

While you'll never believe it, not all white people are racist and not all black people aren't.

Old 06-08-2016, 01:24 PM

2,218 posts, read 1,946,300 times
Quote:
Actually, if you read my posts, I'm defending it, not bringing it up. You and some others are so obsessed with it that it obviously consumes most everything you do and how you look at people. Exactly why it will never go away.

While you'll never believe it, not all white people are racist and not all black people aren't.
No one here is saying that ALL white people are racist. I have never seen that written on the board.

The FACT is that you (and mostly just one or two other posters) have been called racist here on City Data, and it has been based upon specific things you've written. Don't try to hide behind "all white people". THAT is a strawman argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh