Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2023, 02:59 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,020,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
You do realize Charlotte is 39% white, 32% black right? In general cities in the Sun Belt tend to be much more integrated than in older cities like Pittsburgh. Sun Belt cities tend to be much more racially mixed/integrated than in the Rust Belt, with even black neighborhoods being in better shape (this is a 90% black area of Charlotte - suburban and modest, but not an abandoned house or vacant lot in site). People move to the Sun Belt for all number of reasons, but it's assuredly not to avoid being around black people.
Southern cities have done well regardless of the black percentages. I frequent a lot of southern cities with good size black populations and it is just a different vibe than the northern cities. The change in media has clouded things a bit like in Atlanta, but still there are just so many successful black people in the south as...well I will refrain from being political in any way as I can't here, but lets just say the black population in the south had to rise up themselves and create success. In the northern cities...well let's just say they get things just enough to not have to get out there become what they can become.

I said NOTHING about race as far as relocating south. That part is in your own head. If I was a black man, I would move south for sure. Charolette would be on my radar, but there are plenty of southern cities that are just more progressive than our old school city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2023, 03:05 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
My grandparents live in Bloomfield back in the 40's I think, based on what they said yes not tolerated.
Just to be real here, it went both ways. Segregation was and is pretty prevalent. Birds of a feather flock together even in 2023.

Old 03-15-2023, 03:33 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,135,850 times
Yup, while I loved my grandparents their views are better left in the past.

Old 03-15-2023, 03:49 PM
gg

Quote:
Yup, while I loved my grandparents their views are better left in the past.
You should start making a habit of walking around Homewood and Northview Heights for your nightly walk. That way you will be sure your views are not in the past. Enjoy.

Old 03-15-2023, 04:56 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,135,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
You should start making a habit of walking around Homewood and Northview Heights for your nightly walk. That way you will be sure your views are not in the past. Enjoy.
I don't need anyone to remind me of my views and I don't really care about my views living on, they are my views. Feel free to agree or not, doesn't effect my life at all.

Old 03-15-2023, 05:05 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by burghophilia-21 View Post
"we were being subjugated to black power and militancy." Seems like anti-wokeism isn't so new after all.
So you condone "militancy"? I don't! Were you around then? Do you know people weren't being bullied and violence was part of it?

You can go back in time with your 2023 starry eyes, but the fact is, times were different then. They aren't nearly the same now. Shall we get real for a moment?

According to the 2020 census, 61.6%, or 204,277,273 people, were white alone! We as a very white country voted in a black man as president twice. Not once, but twice! We are NOT a racist country as a whole. There are racists of course and always will be and certainly a ton of them are black, but at the end of the day a white country voted for a black man. You can't overlook that. This isn't 1969, but a certain party sure wants us to think it is and they do it for power, nothing more.

Old 03-15-2023, 05:07 PM
gg

Quote:
I don't need anyone to remind me of my views and I don't really care about my views living on, they are my views. Feel free to agree or not, doesn't affect my life at all.
Okay, are you going to start taking those walks though? Asking for a friend.

Old 03-15-2023, 05:52 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,710,841 times
[quote=gg;65011234 We are NOT a racist country as a whole. There are racists of course and always will be and certainly a ton of them are black, but at the end of the day a white country voted for a black man. You can't overlook that. This isn't 1969, but a certain party sure wants us to think it is and they do it for power, nothing more.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%. I voted for President Obama. Being told though that we're all inherently racist is an insult.

Old 03-15-2023, 05:58 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Agree 100%. I voted for President Obama. Being told though that we're all inherently racist is an insult.
I voted for him twice myself. Things are different now, but a tool was used against us for division. Shame, but it happened and will take a long time to heal.

Best to get back on track however. Race is part of things, but certainly not a main point of things for development. Pittsburgh is pretty white as a whole, that is for sure. Over 66%.

Old 03-15-2023, 07:24 PM

14,354 posts, read 17,064,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Southern cities have done well regardless of the black percentages. I frequent a lot of southern cities with good size black populations and it is just a different vibe than the northern cities. The change in media has clouded things a bit like in Atlanta, but still there are just so many successful black people in the south as...well I will refrain from being political in any way as I can't here, but lets just say the black population in the south had to rise up themselves and create success. In the northern cities...well let's just say they get things just enough to not have to get out there become what they can become.

I said NOTHING about race as far as relocating south. That part is in your own head. If I was a black man, I would move south for sure. Charolette would be on my radar, but there are plenty of southern cities that are just more progressive than our old school city.
You literally said "no black communities creating a mess" dude. That's the only reason I brought it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh