Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 12:01 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,380,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mask of thought View Post
not really true boozes is a drug and if your addicted causes you tremurs drugs do cause damage to you physically but in your mind it is true but you cant just stop it becomes completely involved around it people dont sell there body for nothing
Alcohol, just like nicotine, causes physical addiction.

Now, if you really want to throw someone who uses the "marijuana isn't physically addictive" for a loop, bring up the fact that Meth isn't physically addictive either.

However, the physical side effects of meth use is so bad, its hardly comparable to cannibus usage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelution View Post
Why should it be 21? So I could buy cancer causing tobacco products at 18 but not marijuana?

And even if they did legalize it and make the age 21, there would be a shift in arrests of undeage drinking, to underage smoking.

I get 21+ year olds to get my beer, and that's probably what would happen with weed. Why not make it 18 to eliminate this whole problem?
Marijuana doesn't have to be smoked, it can be vaporized and/or eaten. Either of which doesn't allow for the harsh inhaling of plant matter, which is known to cause cancer in some people.

Of course, Eggs have shown to increase cancer risks in some people to, but I don't see people wanting to outlaw them.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:05 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,656,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Now, if you really want to throw someone who uses the "marijuana isn't physically addictive" for a loop, bring up the fact that Meth isn't physically addictive either.

However, the physical side effects of meth use is so bad, its hardly comparable to cannibus usage.

meth is addictive. Again, these drugs promote addiction and craving through activation of dopaminergic pathways, which is thier mutally shared pharmcologic action, independent of their specific receptor related actions.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:06 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,656,690 times
Quote:
Marijuana doesn't have to be smoked, it can be vaporized and/or eaten. Either of which doesn't allow for the harsh inhaling of plant matter, which is known to cause cancer in some people.

Of course, Eggs have shown to increase cancer risks in some people to, but I don't see people wanting to outlaw them.

That is news to me. Since when have eggs become carcinogenic?

Old 07-11-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That is news to me. Since when have eggs become carcinogenic?

Chemicals in Eggs Cause Cancer

Not necessarily eggs, but the chemicals used in their production can/have proven to be carcinogens.

Isolation of the carcinogen IQ from fried egg patties - Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry (ACS Publications)

It can also be in the cooking process.

Everything cause cancer, even cancer prevention causes cancer.

Scientists: cancer prevention causes cancer | MetaFilter

And yes, Meth isn't physically addictive.

Crystal Meth Detox | Withdrawal

Old 07-11-2010, 12:24 PM

448 posts, read 533,897 times
Quote:

I don't use a vape, or make hash brownies, etc. And marijuana is proven to also help prevent cancer.

I'm not a fan of eggs so it's all good.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:

...but...marijuana isn't physically addicting...

Far to many people put marijuana in the same group as meth, cocaine, etc, which shouldn't be done. There is a huge difference between enjoying an herb than shooting up something that was created with a bunch of dangerous chemicals in someones basement...

Old 07-11-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
...but...marijuana isn't physically addicting...

Far to many people put marijuana in the same group as meth, cocaine, etc, which shouldn't be done. There is a huge difference between enjoying an herb than shooting up something that was created with a bunch of dangerous chemicals in someones basement...
Couldn't agree more.

Its just that your previous post made it sound like you were saying alcohol isn't physically addictive, when in fact it is.

THC is attached to the CB1 and CB2 receptors in the brain. Neither of which are linked to physical addiction.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I don't use a vape, or make hash brownies, etc. And marijuana is proven to also help prevent cancer.

I'm not a fan of eggs so it's all good.

Where is the study to show that Marijuana helps prevent cancer, peer reviewed if you please.

There is some anecdotal evidence, but no hard facts. And for every benefit, a side effect can be proven.

The fact is, that inhaling burning plant matter causes cancer.

I prefer to make cannibutter, then cook with that. The problem is, the muchies, I want to keep eating the goodies, which just causes more munchies.

Thats why I keep my stash of nutty buddies

Old 07-11-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Couldn't agree more.

Its just that your previous post made it sound like you were saying alcohol isn't physically addictive, when in fact it is.

THC is attached to the CB1 and CB2 receptors in the brain. Neither of which are linked to physical addiction.
I apoligize if I said something to make you think that I don't believe that alcohol is physically addicting. Believe me alcoholism runs in my family, I know for a fact it's addictive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies